OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will somone please let me know if the Real supports conections to the Wii

PBR

My Word Coach...

I want to buy one, but not if there is no Wii support.

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://dsdatabase.org/m3dsreal.html

Pokemon Battle Revolution was the first game with Wii and DS connectivity. Surprisingly, the G6DS Real was one of the few carts able to access this connection without the need for a patch. It would make sense, logically, that the M3DS Real, which shares the same firmware, and many similar components, would work just as well. Unfortunately, the M3DS Real was unable to connect to the Wii.

By Pharaohsvizier

Good review of the cart and its cans and cannots

i bought the cart as well and like it alot, best bang for your buck card out atm

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
http://dsdatabase.org/m3dsreal.html

Pokemon Battle Revolution was the first game with Wii and DS connectivity. Surprisingly, the G6DS Real was one of the few carts able to access this connection without the need for a patch. It would make sense, logically, that the M3DS Real, which shares the same firmware, and many similar components, would work just as well. Unfortunately, the M3DS Real was unable to connect to the Wii.

By Pharaohsvizier

Good review of the cart and its cans and cannots

i bought the cart as well and like it alot, best bang for your buck card out atm
ohmy.gif
That suprises me!

I don't use linking with the Wii atm (though I do have one) but it might become a problem in the future. The M3 Team doesn't seem to fix the G6 Real's Download Play problems... Does that mean that linking with the Wii on the M3 Real will also never work because the G6 Real doesn't have any problems? :'(

I just orderded mine with the thought that it'd work...

Ratmando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting my DS lite for Chrimbo and I wanted to buy the Cyclo Evolution for some play over Christmas but can't get it anywhere.

Still, I'm not buying an M3 or R4 if it won't work with my Wii.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Ratmando

Wii connectivity isn't a huge deal. Other flashcards hare having a similar problem as well. It's not easy and is only a small issue that could be fixed with future updates.

The G6 Real I believe does have Wii connectivity if your desperately wanting it

Ratmando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii connectivity isn't a big deal NOW for me. Obviously there's only a few games that use it.

But in the future it will be.

What are M3 like for responding to things like this? Surely the M3 Real has been out for a while now and if they were going to do something they would have done it?

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Ratmando

Easier said then done. It's not that easy implementing all these fixes, if it was that easy we would see Wii Connectivity with all flashcards that are available now.

If things were that easy they'd make a card that was True Rom Support meaning there would be no patching but its not possible at the moment due to restraints that even I don't know of.

Ratmando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a shame c2ironfist.

Team Cylco seem to have their head screwed on right.

But you just can't get the best flashcart on the market at the moment.

jaygee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the time this becomes a real problem there will be a slew of newer flash carts that out do all we know today

Dsparil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked the CycloDS over the M3DS Real for this very reason. I always pick what's most compatible now to not be bitten in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn