Hacking M3i + EZ Flash 3 in 1 and GBAExploder?

jasondm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my M3i today after two weeks of dealing with two different retailers and canceling one order that was never going to go through. Copied all my stuff from my r4, got everything ready, flashed the M3i with the 1.4 firmware fix, put specialgerm's unofficial isakureal on my flash card, everything was good to go.

Tried running all my games, and yay, they all worked until I wanted to try some of the ungames I have (like the DS browser).

I went to start up GBA Exploader and was told my hardware wasn't supported. A quick search led me to find the M3 GBAExploader patch, which I put on and I tried again.

Got a different message at startup "Hardware now available" or something, continued, and tried selecting the Expansion RAM option. Nothing happens outside of it freezing. Restart, try one of the rumble options, same problem. Restart, try loading one of my GBA roms, takes about 25 seconds to load but it does indeed load and runs and saves fine.

I searched again and figured 1) bad battery; 2) error during patching; 3) something I don't know.

It can't be 1, it stores saves just fine and remembers everything, I tried repatching and I never got an error when patching so it can't be 2 (maybe the patcher is old, it's from 1999 after all (if someone could link me to a newer portable patcher, that would be awesome)).

I tried several old versions (.50, .53, .57, .58) but none of those give me the page to select rumble/expansion features.

I know the rumble/RAM works because I used it many times on my r4 with a version of GBAExploader I can't remember (I tried the four I mentioned above on the r4 and they didn't give me the options either, and I was sure the last I used was .53).

It might be really simple, or I'm wrong about something, but I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated but I won't be buying one of the M3 slot 2 cards (even though the features are ;] )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1