winmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi everybody,

up until now I was using my nds lite with an old slot-2 g6 lite, which worked ok. Because I got tired of patching and also needed more storage space, I went on and bought a new M3i zero and a transcend class-6 4gb micro-sdhc.

I updated the f-core out of the box, put the latest software (sakura + touchpod) by copying the system folder on the root of the SD and loaded some games on the nds folder. Everything seems to be working fine until I try to load a game (either with sakura or touchpod). It recognises the games, I select one, load it, it creates save and patches according the game, and then I always get two white screens or sometimes black ones.

What I have tried:

- re-flash the card with f_core, followed instructions to the letter, everything seems to be working fine.
- tried 3 different software versions ( other touchpods, with and w/o sakura...)
- different ds lite
- 5-6 different games, some really old, others new (phantom hourglass, scribblenauts, ninja gaiden, mario and luigi rpg 3 etc)
- different microSD 512mB, fat32 formatted.

I always get the same result, I can't think of anything else to try. I think it might be a faulty one, I bought from dealextreme.

Any suggestions? Thanx...
rolleyes.gif

Qeeves

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
i seen a report once that a guy had compatibility with his trascend 8gb class 6 micro sd.

perhaps yours have the same issue.

give kingston a try and see if that works

winmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanx for your reply, I have already tried 3 different microSD cards:

- transcend class-6 4gB microSD-HC
- nokia 512mB microSD
- kingston 2gB microSD

There is no difference, everytime the exact same problem...

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
my tip is a classic...
blow into the M3i, top and bottom a few times, and clean all ur cart/card contacts... :-)

It won't help, but you never know.
Any of ur friends got an M3i Zero you could try your ds and card with ?

winmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I tried that as well, with no success... In any case, I don't think (since it boots in the menu fine..) that there is a problem with the contacts...

Sadly there is noone I know that has an M3i to try with my card... Out of curiosity I tried it with a friend's R4 though, and it worked fine. My m3i + microSd behaved in the exact same way with his ds lite...

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
I've sold thousands of carts and never heard of one that loads fine through menu's but doesn't load the game.

Seems like you have a duffer.

winmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
duffer ? (I don't know what that means...)

What can I say, I guess it is a faulty one and all I can do is wait for a response from dealextreme...

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get the firmware from GBATemp? I've had firmware from less reputable sites before and they wouldn't load games.

winmik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanx, already tried that...

I just cannot get it to work, I've been breaking my head these past couple of days and I cannot think of anything else (neither can anybody else, apparently...).

So I guess I have accepted it is a defective one and all I can do is wait for my replacement ticket to get approved by dealextreme. Luckily my old trusty G6 lite still works like a charm (shame on me for trying to replace it... :-D )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1