Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all

Well my M3DS Simply just broke again!!!
cry.gif
By broke I mean that the spring doesnt hold the micro sd card in. I tried the spring fix and it didnt work for me again (this is the second M3DS card that I have purchased and tried the spring fix) and I can't get it to work! After I put it back together with the card in it, my DS says that it can't detect any SD card...nothing will load. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. I do get the spring out, but on this last one, some black plastic pieces also came falling out. I love the M3DS Simply (except for the spring issue). It is just so easy to use and everything runs on there for me, when the spring is working. So what do I do now? Do I buy my 3rd M3 DS Simply or go with something else? I need it to be just as easy to use as the M3 Simply with the compatibility the same. Maybe if I have the spring issue again, One of you fine board members might try to fix it for me? Any suggestions or comments will be appreciated.
Thanks

Dan

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe this is why the CycloDS Evolution doesn't have a spring slot
tongue.gif

So you've tried to remove the spring, and now it won't read the card?

The contact may be off, if you try to insert a slither of paper between the card and the slot, or apply a bit of pressure, does it detect?

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4Saken...

Thats, correct, it will NOT read the card now. I tried the paper thing and also applying pressure with it and it still does not read the card
cry.gif

Dan

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just removed my spring the other day, and the black thing that came out is part of the sping. You have to remove that and all bits of it (and put the metal arm on the side of the metal) or else the microsd will not fit right.

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonicandtales,

Before I actually pulled the spring out...I pulled out a piece of metal wire that I thought was the spring, maybe thats why it isn't reading it now. Is the M3DS Simply still considered the best card out there, or should I try another like theCycloDS Evolution? I know if I get the M3DS again the spring is going to break again and so far I am 0-wins and 2-losses in my repairs. I really like the card though.

Dan

funwithplaydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
costwise get an R4 chinese version from dealextreme and patch it with patcher in downloads section. $25 shipped

featurewise get a cycloDS evolution, only real difference I see though would be that you will be gaining ability to use SDHC microSD cards. @$55 shipped

Both cards are very similar to your M3

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funwithplaydough

So you like the CycloDS evolution better than your R4? Is it just as EASY to use and set-up? It does NOT have a spring for the flashcard? Where did you get it for 55.00 shipped? Thanks

Dan

funwithplaydough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my cyclods evolution from here gp2xstore.com.

The cyclo and R4 menu are very similar to the m3, same 3 button layout, except on cyclo you have one button as an options button.

The cyclo has no spring for the microsd. it is just like my EZFlash V. similar to a cell phone that may use microsd as well.

The cyclo doesn't require the firmware be instsalled onto the memory card to play, it has firmware installed on card itself. you will have to flash the firmware prior to use, basically copy file to micro sd - push 2 buttons - done/file automatically deleted. Only thing on micro sd besides roms and sav files is a folder that is created automatically-this is for your cheats you have enabled as well as card settings. Optional skins go here as well.

Problems I had with cyclo : plastic casing seems very flimsy, feel it could break with light pushing down on card. Occassionally I would get a "no ds card inserted message - I think I fixed this by removing and reinserting the micro sd from cyclo and the actual game cart from ds, I think there was something coating electrical terminals that needed to be worn off.

I had no problems with R4 except with some cheats enabled it would lock up or freeze during game load, it is a flaw with firmware 1.10.

Both cards work fine for me otherwise.

edit: forgot some things....roms are drag and drop. sav files are same as m3 and r4. I don't know how to update cheats for cyclo, r4 cheats are easy to update. to save on breaking springs on m3 or r4 just don't click it in and out, pull card out instead and don't push it in far enough to make it click/pop out. There are a couple of forum threads here describing that.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The main criticism for the CycloDS Evolution is the weak and badly designed casing, and the fact that user-inputted codes for AR have not been enabled.

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4saken

Sorry, but I am still a newbie here. Could you please tell me what "user input codes for AR means". Thanks

Dan

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
DB62, I know your question was directed at 4saken, but "user input codes" are basically manually entering codes instead of them coming already with a firmware release.

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for everyone replying to my message. I just went and ordered a CycloDS Evolution today. I hope I can figure it out. I ordered it because it doesnt have the spring to break like my M3DS Simply and it states that it is as compatible with the roms like the M3 was.

Dan

DB62

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Neck

Yes, I recieved it very fast and packaged very well. I highly reccomend them. It cost me like 57.00 with the regular shipping.
gp2xstore.com

Dan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...