OP
Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all,

My sample arrived a few days ago (while I was out, thankfully someone was at home to accept the package for me) so I've started to play around with the unit. First let me say that the device is indeed spring loaded (to the horror of some, but personally I like springloading). Second, as writing a proper review takes some time I figured what they hey, let me upload some pictures that I've made so you can all see the M3DS real in and out of it's packaging. Lets also take a gander at the RAM and rumble expansion packs and see what they are made of (as you can see in the images they closely match the colour of my black DS lite even the glossy finish is done quite well). Anyway, click on the linky to see the images
smile.gif
:

Linky

Cheers,
Scorpei

p.s. If you want any more images let me know (via my news blog or mail TBGTDSHB @ scorpei [dot] com)
wink.gif

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll send it to your email as well, but any chance of getting some comparison shots of the guts of the one you have in hand to those provided by bellysm? I'm assuming, of course, that the earlier shots were of the chinese version - it'd be interesting to see if they added a jumper like they did with my "english" m3 perfect SD "slimmer" card and like they have done with R4 (though I highly doubt that is something they would allow that easily again)... one can never be sure what corners they'd cut at manufacturer to make it worth milking all other language regions for an extra $5 per unit.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spring loaded! YES! Thanks for explaining THAT
biggrin.gif
No more R4 for me! (I have the old spring loaded R4, don't really want any cheap non-springloaded stuff).

Thanks for the short review. I ordered some already with rumble
biggrin.gif

Scorpei, please let us know if you can use English firmware on the Chinese version (and I guess vice-versa since you obviously don't own the Chinese one [yet]).

Thanks man!

Cynic66

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, is this the new uuber kit? This new M3 looks like it beats the current R4, AND it comes with the GBA cart (in the right bundle).
I'm just wondering if the GBA cart is as good/better than the 3-in-1. Any info on that yet?

Personally, I'm pretty much down to:

The new R4 (new body) and 3-in-1
CycloDS Evo and 3-in-1 (however I'd be tempted to wait for the new, black version of the Cyclo, whenever that is)
Or, this new kit.

Oh, and that new Acekard RPG is looking pretty cool too.

AARG! Too hard to decide!

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1337. I'll hafta read up on this when i get home.

O YEA, BTW Scorpei, i got my SDGecko in the mail the other day, i got the wiikey.com.cn (yes, the fake site's) SD reader. It works well, so when i can find my camera i'll take a couple of pix, open it, take more pix, and then i'll give you the pix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination