Hacking M3DS Real or Acekard which should I get?

elctgames67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to forums in general so im not sure if im posting this in the right place. I'm getting a new flashcard because my r4 is starting to bore me. Should i get m3ds real or acekard considering the firmware for both (sakura and the bliss loader)? Any help would be apreciated
unsure.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, AceKard (2 I believe) is cheaper cart, while M3 Real is more expensive but you get rumble ram expansion (or if you decide to buy perfect bundle, you get GBA expansion too)..
I prefer M3 Real, as I'm a long time M3 user, and I've always been satisfied with their products..I tried AceKard2, but it was not good enough to replace my M3 Real (at least for me)..
I'm using Sakura from the release day, and I'm very happy with the way it works and with all those multimedia options, as I watch movies a lot on my DS..
Wait and see what will other members suggest, and then decide which to buy, you may also check the reviews for both carts to learn little mora about them (remember, reviews are outdated, but still true about lots of things)..

elctgames67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already read both of the reviews and i noticed that they are a bit out dated. I'm still concerned with things like cheat use and soft reset. Also, how quick the loaders are to boot roms and homebrew. (yeah sorry abou that i meant the acekard 2).

EDIT: One more question, how well does m3sakura work and are there any issues? Thanks for all your help.
gbasp.gif

elctgames67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that thing about the bad batch, but I've heard if you order from deal extreme they sell so many at a time that they don't have anymore of the bad batch.

elctgames67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have a suggestion because I need to know soon. I'm going to be ordering one of these flashcards tomorrow, and I'm still not sure which to pick. Thanks in advanced.
biggrin.gif
(Sorry for posting twice in a row, but i need advice asap.)

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered a SuperCard DS from Deal Extreme. It has more features than the Acekard from what I've heard, and lots of people are recommending the Acekard 2 and SuperCard DS over the M3 Real/Sakura.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well me thinks the M3 only had the sakura menu going for it over the other carts and now you can put sakura on almost all the carts. even acekard and such.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Incomplete said:
well me thinks the M3 only had the sakura menu going for it over the other carts and now you can put sakura on almost all the carts. even acekard and such.
Well, you thinks wrong!!;)
You can't run any games with Sakura on other carts, and only few homebrews run normally...Only thing that works for other carts are nice menus and multimedia options....(and Sakura hack probably won't get updated when Sakura gets upgrades, and fixes)..

With M3 carts, you get strong team (one of the strongest teams in the scene), and you're sure they won't drop the support on their product..Sakura works amazingly good, however it has few things to sort out, but that's normally, as it's a new developed firmware, and will be getting updates on regular basis, just as any firmware in the scene..

M3 Real has really low defect rate (I believe there is statistic of 1 bad cart on 250 sold)..And it's not so picky about microSD cards..

I'm just giving you mine opinion, I'm not telling you what to buy..Check more about AceKard2 as it's actually cheaper solution..
If you asking me what would I buy, it's obvious....M3 Real (and that would be my first choice always)..

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I prefer the Acekard 2 menu over Sakura (and the AK2 is also a lot cheaper). I wouldn't worry about the defective carts because they were most likely all sold out a while ago. A new Acekard 2 AKAIO menu will be out soon that should be really good (slow-motion and some other nice features). Acekard 2 is a little pickier about microSD cards, but I haven't had any problem with my 2GB Japanese Kingston.

The SCDS1 has an overly complicated and somewhat sluggish menu system, otherwise it has the most features for the price.

-Bri

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bri said:
The SCDS1 has an overly complicated and somewhat sluggish menu system, otherwise it has the most features for the price.
That's ony because the OS is based off a hacked version of Moonshell 1.41.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
Bri said:

No doubt. They really ought to make a new menu system for it.

QUOTE(zhuzhuchina @ Jun 21 2008, 12:48 PM)
m3 real for sure. acekard 2 last stock got defective items and more bigger cart, sometimes hard to pull out

Like I said, it's unlikely you'll get one from the bad batch as that was a while ago and most reputable stores are already through that inventory. Acekard was quick to apologize for the manufacturing defects (unlike some other carts that have had hardware problems) and corrected the problem. Even if you do happen to get a bad one, you can exchange it for a new one.

I've never had any trouble at all getting the cart out of my NDS, but honestly I have only had need to take it out a handful of times.

-Bri

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bri said:
Minox_IX said:
Bri said:

No doubt. They really ought to make a new menu system for it.
Since the last real update (not counting small bugfixes) was 2008.03.18 I myself suspect that they are making something bigger for the next update, maybe a new GUI and other stuff.

elctgames67

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank-you for all of your help I think I'm going with Acekard 2, unless someone else changes my mind. I also like the fact that the Acekard team frequently updates their product.
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!