M3DS Annoying Game Name Duplications

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by beechyhead, Jan 30, 2009.

Jan 30, 2009
  1. beechyhead
    OP

Newcomer beechyhead Newbie

United Kingdom
    I just bought an M3DS and have installed the latest firmware and put some game roms on there, which seemed to go ok. I have looked at a few guides and screenshots etc. but can't find an answer to the following: although my game roms work fine, in the game list, every game is repeated, sort of...! For example, I have "New Super Mario Bros..nds" but I also have "._New Super Mario Bros..nds" - the latter says 0Mb and does nothing when I try to run it. Although they're not really a problem, it's just really annoying having to go through double the amount of roms to find the game I want.

Has anyone else had or seen this problem/is it normal and can I get rid of/hide them?

Thanks in advance

2. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Are you on a PC? If you are are you remembering to use the "Remove hardward safely" thing before pulling the reader out?

3. beechyhead
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm on a Mac, but I am still removing safely.

4. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I don't really know how Macs work mate sorry. There's quite a few on here with them though so hopefully one of them will notice the topic, pop in and be able to help you.

5. beechyhead
    OP

United Kingdom
    Not sure it has anything to do with the Mac though?

6. beechyhead
    OP

United Kingdom
    I found out it was my mac. The files were hidden files left by the Mac OS. I looked at the card on my Windows emulator and deleted the '._filename.nds' files, and they've gone! I noticed that some of the games didn't have these hidden files and it seems not to copy the hidden files across when I use the Rominator program. Hope this can be of some use to someone else!

7. Don Killah

Member Don Killah GBAtemp Maniac

France
    i'm on XP and it doesn't show such files.