Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
laugh.gif
I was looking for this thread down below in the non-stickied part of the forum and couldn't find it, and I was like "what the hell, it's been bumped down to the 2nd page overnight??"

Then I looked up and there it was in the stickies! Congrats Skyline, and thanks Toni!
grog.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, Toni, for stickying this thread!
biggrin.gif
I'm glad to be a contributor to the greatest DS site out there!
yaynds.gif

Whoa, getting this into the Wiki? Now that'd be an honor.... However, I'm just glad this is stickied. As a thank-you to you all, tonight I'm gonna re-test ALL the non-working homebrew AND test the ones I have on the testing list! I tested some homebrew last night that I had on the non-working list and they now work. A few didn't, but it's still incredible that Sakura has even higher homebrew compatibility!

Oh, and I was speaking to Densetsu last night and we figured out how to master the DSM Encoder bundled with Sakura. You have to convert the video to .AVI first, then feed it into the DSM Encoder. That eliminates the Divide by Zero error. I guess they mean it when they say "Please never drop the format that cannot correspond." Damn Engrish.
tongue.gif

KH-Roms

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Just tried running ComicbookDS ver3.0 in 1.34, it works but the stylus is not working.
blink.gif

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

B-BoyMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Hello guys, I tested some homebrews and this is the result ( Now i am in 1.34 Sakura firmware, and i like a lot thanks for all decripters
bow.gif
)

Work:
-DS2DS
-DS Compress
-Diagnose( i don't know the version, i downloaded it from gbatemp XD)
-Defuse 0.25
-Breakout (didn't work in 1.12+a Sakura firmware)
-DS2Key
-eigenmath 1.0
-Mario Paint Composer
-Moonshell 2.00(Bêta)
-NDS Mail 6.0
-Savsender 1.1A
-UA Paint
-Word DS

Dosen't Work:
grog.gif
Nothing, all homebrews which i tested work fine
grog.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
@B-Boy: Thanks! I'll add them to the list just as soon as I test all the other homebrew.
grog.gif

EDIT: Updated the list. Tested ALL non-working homebrew and quite a few work now! However, I have a few errors with some of the homebrew. Please help me out so I can test them:
Tetris: The Grand Master Challenge

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
@B-Boy: Thanks! I'll add them to the list just as soon as I test all the other homebrew.
grog.gif

EDIT: Updated the list. Tested ALL non-working homebrew and quite a few work now! However, I have a few errors with some of the homebrew. Please help me out so I can test them:
Tetris: The Grand Master Challenge

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can always rely on you, Densetsu, to pick up the slack if I leave any.
tongue.gif

I haven't gotten around to testing the partially working homebrew yet, but I will tonight with those 3 other homebrew you supplied me with. If all goes well we'll have 5 new additions to the Works 100% section of the list.
yaynds.gif

And holy crap, Tetris GM is huge compared to most other homebrew!

EDIT: List updated, DO NOT USE INNOCENCE!!! It corrupted my SD card when I tested the select bug. I hope I don't lose too much progress on my saves... and I gotta reconvert ALL my videos.... And the homebrew, well I'm glad I got this homebrew list now because now I know what works and what doesn't!
tongue.gif

Wait... this is effed. I threw my SD Micro back into my M3 just to see what would happen, and it loaded fine and even passed the disk check. However, on Windows it said the card must be formatted before I can use it. Whatever, I'll just switch readers when I plug it back into my computer and see if that fixes things.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I didn't even consider the risk involved in testing all of these homebrew. That just makes your work all the more appreciated!

I hope you get your card back to normal without any loss to your data!

Oh, and please update your list with this link for DSO. This is v3.1129. The link you have in the list right now is v3.2, which is not as stable as v3.1129. It's an actual GBAtemp.net download now, so people should have fewer problems downloading it.

Another suggestion (if you feel inclined to do so) would be to upload all of the homebrew in your list to the GBAtemp downloads section if they're not already. That way everything will be in one place and you don't run the risk of links going dead (and having to constantly remove/update dead links). A little legwork in the beginning, but it could potentially save you more work down the road.

Taraxanoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can confirm Warcraft Tower Defense [still] doesn't work on Sakura (1.34), though I have been able to get it to boot and play fine by running it through DSOrganise (patched, of course).

B-BoyMP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I tested yesterday the emulator of SNES "SNEmulDS" it worked, but after rebooting your Nintendo DS checkdisk find a "fatal error" (The sakura firmware can't boot with this error) so you have to format your Micro SD if you want to resolve the fatal error, so i recommend you to disable the checkdisk's scan in the boot
wink.gif

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
B-BoyMP said:
I tested yesterday the emulator of SNES "SNEmulDS" it worked, but after rebooting your Nintendo DS checkdisk find a "fatal error" (The sakura firmware can't boot with this error) so you have to format your Micro SD if you want to resolve the fatal error, so i recommend you to disable the checkdisk's scan in the boot
wink.gif
Actually, I'd rather suggest not using SNEmulDS in such case, as it can really do harm to the filesystem..
Well, it's just IMHO
wink.gif

By the way, It's not the "One and the only" working NES emu, so I guess it gonna be not such a big problem
happy.gif

(I use another emu, NesDS, If I remember everything well [I've got no DS just right now to see, which EXACTLY emu I'm using])))

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Densetsu3000 said:
Wow, I didn't even consider the risk involved in testing all of these homebrew. That just makes your work all the more appreciated!

I hope you get your card back to normal without any loss to your data!

Oh, and please update your list with this link for DSO. This is v3.1129. The link you have in the list right now is v3.2, which is not as stable as v3.1129. It's an actual GBAtemp.net download now, so people should have fewer problems downloading it.

Another suggestion (if you feel inclined to do so) would be to upload all of the homebrew in your list to the GBAtemp downloads section if they're not already. That way everything will be in one place and you don't run the risk of links going dead (and having to constantly remove/update dead links). A little legwork in the beginning, but it could potentially save you more work down the road.
Sure, I'll do that after school. Definitely a good idea, and thanks for sharing it!
biggrin.gif

And I'm getting a 4GB Kingston Micro SD card from DealExtreme. When it gets here, I'll use it as my main card and I'll use my 2 GB unbranded card for homebrew testing. That way, if I corrupt something, no harm, no foul.
EDIT: Just ordered the SD card. Should be here in a month or less.

And that little legwork is no trouble at all. I mean, I had a fairly large list when I began to add links for every homebrew on the list. I never used to do that.
tongue.gif

EDIT(2): All homebrew downloads are now localized. Each link directs to a GBAtemp download page.
yaynds.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
EDIT(2): All homebrew downloads are now localized. Each link directs to a GBAtemp download page.
yaynds.gif
Now you're that much closer to your plans for world domination...uh, for the most awesome, convenient homebrew compatibility list on the intarwebz!
ninja.gif

MoonShell 2 also works perfectly. I've had it on my cart all this time while I was testing the translation that Toni and I were working on. The link is in my sig.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Densetsu3000 said:
Skyline969 said:
yaynds.gif
Now you're that much closer to your plans for world domination...uh, for the most awesome, convenient homebrew compatibility list on the intarwebz!
ninja.gif

MoonShell 2 also works perfectly. I've had it on my cart all this time while I was testing the translation that Toni and I were working on. The link is in my sig.
Ah, I didn't specify - that is MoonShell 2 that's on the list! I didn't know there was a difference.
tongue.gif
Changing the details on the list now.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL