M3 Sakura Homebrew Compatibility List

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Skyline969, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Meomun

Meomun Member

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2008
    United States
    I dL KH DSMplay to use in sakura 1.35 4.3f eu/us version and when i turned dsmplay on it showed 'unknow format. 2010770 = 31425454 can not open TTA audio file' can anyone help me with this problem????? Thankssss

2. Skyline969
    OP

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Meomun, try Sakura 1.40. If it still doesn't work, try loading it in DsKiosk.

3. Traz

Traz Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2009
    United States
    DS Linux doesn't work.

4. darksageaura

darksageaura Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2009
    Canada
    I don't know if this has been said if you can get DSorginize working then you are able to get just about all the homebrew working due to sakura not being use I'm using Sakura 1.4 and when I boot into DSorginize, and start up geowars which is one that won't work with Sakura, I am able to use it.

5. Skyline969
    OP

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    I'm aware of that, darksageaura. The same is true for DsKiosk, which I've put up on the first post. [​IMG]

6. strata8

strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Jun 18, 2007
    over there
    I'd just like to mention - though it's probably been said already - that any game using the EFS library by Noda (Embedded File System) will not launch successfully. It works in DSOrganize, though.

This is caused because the EFS library checks the first part of the game stored in the RAM, and then searches your card to find the .nds file you loaded. Unfortunately, some cards/loaders (like M3 Sakura, ATM) don't copy this first part - AKA 'header' - into RAM. This causes EFS to error out, which means games will either display a black/white screen or show an error.

Most games under 4MB that don't use FAT should generally launch perfectly, though.

7. Skyline969
    OP

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Excellent explanation, strata8. It makes more sense to me now. [​IMG]

And as a side-note, all of you who are checking in on the list should know that I've made a website for DS homebrew reviews. The site is called Skyline Reviews, and you can check it out here.

8. path

path Member

Newcomer
    Dec 9, 2008
    India
    has anyone actually got ndsmail working on sakura? I cant get it to connect to my network. Ive had no trouble with all other homebrews Ive tried so far like dsorganize and cliirc.

With WEP. Ive just confirmed it works fine if I turn off WEP. I guess this doesnt belong here.

9. AXYPB

AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 16, 2007
    United States
    Warhawk DS doesn't work in either Sakura or TouchPod. It requires the DSKiosk.

10. reverson1

reverson1 Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2009
    United States
    After trying out a bunch of the homebrew games over the past few days I stumbled across a few that wouldn't start.

For whatever reason I tried to start the games using different buttons - lo and behold success!

I found that some of the homebrew games need to be started by pressing X instead of A.

So what I did on my son's m3real - sakura 1.35 (possibly 1.4??) is I created two folders:

\Home\DS\Homebrew\A Starts
    \Home\DS\Homebrew\X Starts

These are simply there to organize the games and to provide an indicator for him as to what button he needs to press to play the games.

X Starts
    Anguna
    Marble
    Smash Bros (sorry not sure which one....)
    Tower Defense
    Warhawk

A Starts
    Dazzle Sparkle
    Lemmings
    Mega ETK
    Sonic Ball
    Word Up

HTH

11. sbeltz

sbeltz Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    I'm new to the homebrew scene and tried to get DSOrganize working on my M3i Zero. I have heard it's probably one of the better apps to have with my DSi. I have had issues with the setup install on sakura 1.4 and the my M3i. With the latest version of DSOrganize version, it hangs on the DSOrganize logo so that doesn't work. On the Sakura DSOrganize (downloaded from this forum) it hangs when you get to the app selection in DSOrganize. Anyone have any quick solutions to getting this thing work??? Frustrating...

12. Skyline969
    OP

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    sbeltz: Try downloading DsKiosk and then add DSOrganize to that menu. Run it from there and see if that fixes things.

13. temp4746

temp4746 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2009
    Iceland
    Does anyone know if this: http://gugusse.central.free.fr/papafuji/DSFrotz.html
    Works?

Since it probably does use FAT to load the game files I'm just afraid to try, Since I have no spare SD card lying around in case it destroys it.

If anyone wants to check if its working. thank you.

Also
    I wonder what is the difference between loading with X and loading with A ?
    Could be that loading with one of the buttons causes it to patch differently or not patch at all or load the game differently so it works?
    It needs to be tested maybe this can help get some more homebrew running on Sakura.
    I still wish they would work on it so it matches up to touchpod ability to run homebrew.
    (And update sakura to the latest loader version(game patch) (Common don't they want to have sakura as a selling point of the M3 Real/M3i Zero?)

14. Wehttam

Wehttam Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2008
    United States
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Still Alive DS works fine for me...

15. PettingZoo

PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    X starts LMP-ng on the root in it's folder if it isn't on the list already.

16. Clookster

Clookster Your Clookster

Banned
    Aug 20, 2009
    Swaziland
    Suisse Romande
    The legendary homebrew version of Tetris The Grand Master 3 Terror Instinct (NDS_TGM_20080815.nds) doesn't work with Sakura... :/

17. Skyline969
    OP

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Be that as it may, I've had a snag with TGM bfore. I can't list it (well I could list it, but not link to a download) due to some legal issues. The copyright holders of Tetris don't like that their game has been made into homebrew, and made better. So yeah, it doesn't work, but I won't list it.

18. Zantom07

Zantom07 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2009
    England
    I'm not sure if this has been said before, but Clash DS doesn't work. I can't give a download as it is constantly being updated, but I definitely can confirm that Clash DS gives the two white screens we all know and love.

19. Clookster

Clookster Your Clookster

Banned
    Aug 20, 2009
    Swaziland
    Suisse Romande
    It would be really nice and helpfull if you could simply list the filename NDS_TGM_20080815.nds and "not working". Those who are interested will get it...
    I'm going to get myself a DSTTi just for that one now.

http://www.arika.co.jp/product/tgm3/index.html

20. Nephiel

Nephiel Artificer

Nov 3, 2002
    FWIW, I've been trying DSLinux on a M3 Real with Sakura 1.42, and a M3 Perfect Lite for the extra RAM.

Under Sakura, DSLinux will not boot if launched with A (results in white screens). It must be started with X, Y, or a long tap with the stylus. Dragging the entry to the left, as if to open the options screen, also launches it.
    DSLinux will only register 16MB of RAM when booted under Sakura. It can be checked using the "free" command. This bothers me a lot, since the M3 Lite cart has 32MB.

Under Touchpod, booting DSLinux via the Card menu (the third icon) shows two options: boot homebrew from Slot-1 or from Slot-2. Both of them work, but if you choose Slot-2, "free" will report 16MB of RAM, like Sakura; whereas if you choose Slot-1, "free" will report the right amount, 32MB.

Is there a way to choose between Slot-1 and Slot-2 when launching homebrew from within Sakura, as there is in Touchpod?