Hacking M3 Sakura Homebrew Compatibility List

Meomun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
KH, I'm gonna test the file you linked to. Standard procedure, I'm sure - just copy the "dsmplay" folder to the root of my card and then place "DSM Player" in my Homebrew folder. I'll get back to you all in a few minutes.

EDIT: Yes, it does work.

I dL KH DSMplay to use in sakura 1.35 4.3f eu/us version and when i turned dsmplay on it showed 'unknow format. 2010770 = 31425454 can not open TTA audio file' can anyone help me with this problem????? Thankssss

darksageaura

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if this has been said if you can get DSorginize working then you are able to get just about all the homebrew working due to sakura not being use I'm using Sakura 1.4 and when I boot into DSorginize, and start up geowars which is one that won't work with Sakura, I am able to use it.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm aware of that, darksageaura. The same is true for DsKiosk, which I've put up on the first post.
smile.gif

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd just like to mention - though it's probably been said already - that any game using the EFS library by Noda (Embedded File System) will not launch successfully. It works in DSOrganize, though.

This is caused because the EFS library checks the first part of the game stored in the RAM, and then searches your card to find the .nds file you loaded. Unfortunately, some cards/loaders (like M3 Sakura, ATM) don't copy this first part - AKA 'header' - into RAM. This causes EFS to error out, which means games will either display a black/white screen or show an error.

Most games under 4MB that don't use FAT should generally launch perfectly, though.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Excellent explanation, strata8. It makes more sense to me now.
smile.gif

And as a side-note, all of you who are checking in on the list should know that I've made a website for DS homebrew reviews. The site is called Skyline Reviews, and you can check it out here.

path

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
has anyone actually got ndsmail working on sakura? I cant get it to connect to my network. Ive had no trouble with all other homebrews Ive tried so far like dsorganize and cliirc.

With WEP. Ive just confirmed it works fine if I turn off WEP. I guess this doesnt belong here.

reverson1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After trying out a bunch of the homebrew games over the past few days I stumbled across a few that wouldn't start.

For whatever reason I tried to start the games using different buttons - lo and behold success!

I found that some of the homebrew games need to be started by pressing X instead of A.

So what I did on my son's m3real - sakura 1.35 (possibly 1.4??) is I created two folders:

\Home\DS\Homebrew\A Starts
\Home\DS\Homebrew\X Starts

These are simply there to organize the games and to provide an indicator for him as to what button he needs to press to play the games.

X Starts
Anguna
Marble
Smash Bros (sorry not sure which one....)
Tower Defense
Warhawk

A Starts
Dazzle Sparkle
Lemmings
Mega ETK
Sonic Ball
Word Up

HTH

sbeltz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to the homebrew scene and tried to get DSOrganize working on my M3i Zero. I have heard it's probably one of the better apps to have with my DSi. I have had issues with the setup install on sakura 1.4 and the my M3i. With the latest version of DSOrganize version, it hangs on the DSOrganize logo so that doesn't work. On the Sakura DSOrganize (downloaded from this forum) it hangs when you get to the app selection in DSOrganize. Anyone have any quick solutions to getting this thing work??? Frustrating...

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Does anyone know if this: http://gugusse.central.free.fr/papafuji/DSFrotz.html
Works?

Since it probably does use FAT to load the game files I'm just afraid to try, Since I have no spare SD card lying around in case it destroys it.

If anyone wants to check if its working. thank you.

Also
reverson1 said:
After trying out a bunch of the homebrew games over the past few days I stumbled across a few that wouldn't start.

For whatever reason I tried to start the games using different buttons - lo and behold success!

I found that some of the homebrew games need to be started by pressing X instead of A.

So what I did on my son's m3real - sakura 1.35 (possibly 1.4??) is I created two folders:

\Home\DS\Homebrew\A Starts
\Home\DS\Homebrew\X Starts

These are simply there to organize the games and to provide an indicator for him as to what button he needs to press to play the games.

X Starts
Anguna
Marble
Smash Bros (sorry not sure which one....)
Tower Defense
Warhawk

A Starts
Dazzle Sparkle
Lemmings
Mega ETK
Sonic Ball
Word Up

HTH
I wonder what is the difference between loading with X and loading with A ?
Could be that loading with one of the buttons causes it to patch differently or not patch at all or load the game differently so it works?
It needs to be tested maybe this can help get some more homebrew running on Sakura.
I still wish they would work on it so it matches up to touchpod ability to run homebrew.
(And update sakura to the latest loader version(game patch) (Common don't they want to have sakura as a selling point of the M3 Real/M3i Zero?)

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
DarthTheufel said:
The legendary homebrew version of Tetris The Grand Master 3 Terror Instinct (NDS_TGM_20080815.nds) doesn't work with Sakura... :/
Be that as it may, I've had a snag with TGM bfore. I can't list it (well I could list it, but not link to a download) due to some legal issues. The copyright holders of Tetris don't like that their game has been made into homebrew, and made better. So yeah, it doesn't work, but I won't list it.

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this has been said before, but Clash DS doesn't work. I can't give a download as it is constantly being updated, but I definitely can confirm that Clash DS gives the two white screens we all know and love.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Skyline969 said:
Be that as it may, I've had a snag with TGM bfore. I can't list it (well I could list it, but not link to a download) due to some legal issues. The copyright holders of Tetris don't like that their game has been made into homebrew, and made better. So yeah, it doesn't work, but I won't list it.

It would be really nice and helpfull if you could simply list the filename NDS_TGM_20080815.nds and "not working". Those who are interested will get it...
I'm going to get myself a DSTTi just for that one now.

http://www.arika.co.jp/product/tgm3/index.html

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
FWIW, I've been trying DSLinux on a M3 Real with Sakura 1.42, and a M3 Perfect Lite for the extra RAM.

Under Sakura, DSLinux will not boot if launched with A (results in white screens). It must be started with X, Y, or a long tap with the stylus. Dragging the entry to the left, as if to open the options screen, also launches it.
DSLinux will only register 16MB of RAM when booted under Sakura. It can be checked using the "free" command. This bothers me a lot, since the M3 Lite cart has 32MB.

Under Touchpod, booting DSLinux via the Card menu (the third icon) shows two options: boot homebrew from Slot-1 or from Slot-2. Both of them work, but if you choose Slot-2, "free" will report 16MB of RAM, like Sakura; whereas if you choose Slot-1, "free" will report the right amount, 32MB.

Is there a way to choose between Slot-1 and Slot-2 when launching homebrew from within Sakura, as there is in Touchpod?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...