Hacking M3 Sakura 1.47X

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a retarded update. M33 support team recognize that there are problems with HGSS and DIY on touchpod 4.8x, yet they release sakura update based on this flawed firmware...So, basically, when a new touchpod firmware that fixes the problem above comes, sakura will once again be out of date...

Seastars

Trophies
XP
Country
Works fine for me with Soul Silver, but I tend to play in short bursts. Thanks to the M3 team for the update.

BraveToaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
this is a retarded update. M33 support team recognize that there are problems with HGSS and DIY on touchpod 4.8x, yet they release sakura update based on this flawed firmware...So, basically, when a new touchpod firmware that fixes the problem above comes, sakura will once again be out of date...

The amount of work in updating the firmware's based on touchpod is marginal compared to determining why the fixes work for some and not others. They updated to benefit those the fixes work for (and not just for two/three games out of the whole update list).

Press X to Jason

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Strange Journey works flawlessly for me. I can save and leave the ship as usual.
Wario Ware D.I.Y still doesn't save. It makes the .sav file (which takes a long time due to its size) and starts up normally, but when I turn the game off, everything is erased again. It also locks up when I try to play and microgames.

The same was the case with the Touchpod update earlier, it seems that the new Sakura firmware just has the same compatibility as the new Touchpod version.

Haven't tried Pokémon.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BraveToaster said:
The amount of work in updating the firmware's based on touchpod is marginal compared to determining why the fixes work for some and not others. They updated to benefit those the fixes work for (and not just for two/three games out of the whole update list).
But my point is that 4.8X is a flawed firmware. They should've waited till 4.9 or 4.8 2nd to be released for touchpod before integrating it with Sakura. After all, it's not like they update Sakura every time they update Touchpod

TyrianCubed

Gamer 1989 to present
Trophies
Website
www.gamescollection.it
XP
Country
Italy
tried pokemon heart gold with this new sakura. It seemed to work fine for the first half hour or so, then after winning a battle with a wild pokemon it froze on a black screen. I don't know if that's the AP freezing everyone is talking about because it's my first time trying the game.
I think M3 team are disappointing a lot of customers, myself included, because they used to be among the best to fix compatibility and release solutions quickly. This AP debacle really hurt their image.
Anyway i read on the M3i forums that they took notice of pokemon/wario/ST still not working 100% and are "looking into it".
the release of sakura with the "flawed" software it's a natural progression of things I guess, because they always update touchpod and then update sakura with it. Let's wait and see.

sure I wish I chose an AK2i instead of an M3iZero though.

eureca

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
schismzgz said:
Sonic Classics Collection doesn't work either.

What doesn't work about Sonic Classic Collection? When I first got it it only seemed to play a video of the cpu playing the game and I thought that was some sort of protection. Then my nephew played it on my DS(with the Sakura before this update) he didn't care it was a video, but he kept playing with it and eventually I saw he was controlling Sonic and actually playing. So I assumed I missed how to actually start the game. It seemed like it was working with the old Sakura though.

Also about Warioware. Is there anyway to get a 32mb save from another card like AK2i/AKAIO and get it to work on the M3 DS real? Im guessing its been tried, but I thought id ask if anyone knows. I know its been done before with M3 with 1mb saves.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Mehh, I got a freeze on HG. :/ I'm being a little bit disappointed at the M3 team as well.. probably gonna buy a Supercard DSTwo when it comes out and have the M3i as a backup cart.

mk.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gagigagu said:
Doesn't work for SMT: Strange Journey, still can't save/Disembark
SMT works perfectly with this firmware; Realtime Save works, Cheat works. Try re-download/re-install firmware. It could be that you accidentally used the old one.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
@delta sorry if you thought i was complaining its not what i meant, i was just curious if it was working cause of a convenience thing, i can wait forever, sorry if you thought i was complaining.

Gagigagu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mk.2 said:
Gagigagu said:
Doesn't work for SMT: Strange Journey, still can't save/Disembark
SMT works perfectly with this firmware; Realtime Save works, Cheat works. Try re-download/re-install firmware. It could be that you accidentally used the old one.
My old real time save file was using the old firmware. I started a new game and it saved properly. Thank you

Heere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has probably been answered a million times but is there any way to remove all traces of pink?
i.e. the pink splash screen upon boot.

The top screen is removed by renaming the splash.ani file, but how about the bottom screen?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
it works!! and in the previous version when using sakura in checkdisk said1.46 instead of 1.47

Xuio

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Are you sure about warioware DIY? It seems that sakura 1.47 creates save file but doesn't save - i'm loosing my progress after i reset DS.

edit: ok, there is NEW sakura 1.47 from yesterday...

wilsonramal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Wario Ware WORKS!! it saves now
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users