Hacking M3 real and (a gba sp compatible) Slot 2?

ShiningSaber

Tiger
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm currently looking foward to buying an M3 Real for my DS Regular.
However, I'd like to know, what slot 2 exactly works with the GBA SP, and how?
I heard this one, the 3in1 might work, but I'm wondering, how do I get data to the card (is it as simple as just booting up my ds and copying it off of the M3s SD card to the slot?), and will it work with an ordinary GBA SP, will it only play GBA roms (or can it use GBC?), and will it give me a boot menu if I have multiple GBA roms as well?
Also, as a side note, I'd also like to hear the compatiblities through emulation on the M3 Real itself.
Thanks in advance.
EDIT : Also, I'm wondering, is this the best slot 1 card like I've heard, or should I aim for the cyclo? Keep in mind I want to play homebrew, and develop it as well.

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
id say go for the cyclo. more features for some more $. of course this is the m3 section so ull most likely hear people recommend the m3ds real lol. 3in1 is an expansion pack and it will not work on the gba sp. for ur gba sp look into m3 sd and m3 mini sd. those are the only ones i could think of right now. you can run gbc roms thru an emulator. on the m3 real, compatibilities will depend on ur micro sd card. get a good fast card if u can like kingston made in japan ones.

ShiningSaber

Tiger
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
triple-sevenz said:
id say go for the cyclo. more features for some more $. of course this is the m3 section so ull most likely hear people recommend the m3ds real lol. 3in1 is an expansion pack and it will not work on the gba sp. for ur gba sp look into m3 sd and m3 mini sd. those are the only ones i could think of right now. you can run gbc roms thru an emulator. on the m3 real, compatibilities will depend on ur micro sd card. get a good fast card if u can like kingston made in japan ones.
Actually, my friend found this website, and the description says
QUOTEThis item is the same as EZFlash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack for NDS Lite except that this version is the size of GBA cartridge. Therefore it can also be used as a stand alone GBA cartridge for GBA, GBA SP, GB Micro, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo DS Lite. However, please be advised that if you wish to use this on GBA, GBA SP and GB Micro, you still need to borrow (if you don't have one) a Nintendo DS or Nintendo DS Lite with a slot-1 flashcart (any of the slot-1 flashcarts we sell will work) in order to program the cartridge as a stand alone GBA cartridge.
Yeah, I know how to get most technological stuff good and cheap (newegg).
-My friend told me to get the cyclo too, so I guess I'll get that. Thanks.
Does anybody know if the SP can run GBC games through the 3in1 though, or am I doomed?

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see thats wat i meant. without a slot 1 to copy the data on to the 3in1 its pretty useless. although it can fit on all those, its main purpose is an expansion pack to a slot 1 device. also the 3in1 is mainly for gba roms unless u can find a emulator to run gbc roms. now ask urself this question, if u need to have a ds with a slot 1 to put gba or gbc games on the 3in1 then run it on your gba sp, is it really worth it?

ShiningSaber

Tiger
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I need it for stuff like school (I don't feel like lugging my DS there, its hard to hide, because its fat
tongue.gif
). I found a .gbc to .gba converter (goomba), and it seems to work pretty well (a test with metroid 2 using VBA encountered no errors), so I gues this is fine.
Anyways, thank you for helping me. I'll get the cyclo DS and the 3in1 off of gamersca tommorrow, I guess.
smile.gif

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol maybe its time to get a ds lite? it'll be easier to hide. anyways, good luck with your 3in1. btw do u kno how to program the cartridge as a stand alone GBA cartridge? cause i sure dont.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
triple-sevenz said:
lol maybe its time to get a ds lite? it'll be easier to hide. anyways, good luck with your 3in1. btw do u kno how to program the cartridge as a stand alone GBA cartridge? cause i sure dont.
with 3 in 1 it should just work if you have the phat version and load a game to nor(tough you're limited to 1 game)

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why not get M3 Lite Perfect?!
It comes with the GBA cartridge, it takes microSD up to 2 GB, it is said to be the best compatibility GBA cart!
The only thing it could stop you from buying it, is the price, it costs a bit, but you get very poverful and quality product in return!!

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with toni. for some more dollars, you can take away the hassle of having to copy to the 3in1 using the m3 real and you could carry more games with you.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But you need an extra card.
And then you might as well give up on the M3 Real since the Perfect series allows both DS and GBA play.
As long as you have a NoPass or something.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
But you need an extra card.
And then you might as well give up on the M3 Real since the Perfect series allows both DS and GBA play.
As long as you have a NoPass or something.
the m3lite hasnt been updated in like forever and now people are bitchin it cant run new DS games
so its not exactly a good idea to give up on getting a slot-1
you should get the best of both worlds

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
carterman said:
wchill said:
When there's a game in NOR it can be launched just like a normal game.

Not on the DS, it can't, mine shows up as an option pack, but I haven't tried it on an actual GBA.
This only applies to a 3in1 with a game flashed in NOR mode. If there is no game in there, the pack is not detected, and every other Slot-2 expansion that uses RAM only instead of RAM and NOR Flash will display option pack.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast