Hacking M3=R4>>Supercard?(new oner slot carts)

ym2kmobile

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
infinitycreation.cjb.net
XP
Country
Senegal
comparerl8.jpg

Thier hardware photos says it all
wink.gif

Daemos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
comparerl8.jpg

Thier hardware photos says it allÂ
wink.gif

I'm not too sure what you mean by that picture...is that why the supercard isn't as good as the R4/M3? The hardware or?

Although now that I look at it, I see the supercard uses a battery...and the R4/M3 doesn't is there a reason why?

As well the chips are different too, anyone have the specifications?

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As you can see the SCDS1 hardware is more complex than the M3/R4. So it will have more problems in the start but could turn out better in the future. Also it seems like the SCDS1 uses battery powered SDRAM for saves which is not in real DS carts. That could explain the problems with saves people are having.

ym2kmobile

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
infinitycreation.cjb.net
XP
Country
Senegal
As you all point it out alreadly.

Supercard Hardware is more complex. The M3/R4 uses a single chip solution, from the PCB traces, most of them route directly to the IC I/O. It seems that they had got a more efficent way to decrypt & send data from the flash. Thinks this way, if stuff can be done in a single chip solution, why run the hassles of using two chips and transmit data in between them.

Second, the battery. If the cart rely the uses of a battery, thats means your battery will eventually run out. You then have maintance hassle for battery replacement.

Third, the 2 chips solution to me will drain more battery power to the stright forward 1 chip solution.

Fourth, the mechnical PCB layout, M3/R4 had a small curve design for the ease of taking in/out the micro sd.

Lastly, more component add up to more cost. More labour cost for mounting the component. The reason why supercard is more expensive then M3/R4.

tachikoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I need some advice please >.< I ordered a DS-X while back ago, but it has constantly been delayed, I was thinking of canceling my order but now I have the option to choose a R4 + 1GB microSD memory instead. And it would be shipped on the same day so no more waiting, should I do this? How does the R4 compare to DS-X?

YodaBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need some advice please >.< I ordered a DS-X while back ago, but it has constantly been delayed, I was thinking of canceling my order but now I have the option to choose a R4 + 1GB microSD memory instead. And it would be shipped on the same day so no more waiting, should I do this? How does the R4 compare to DS-X?

I can’t say how it compares to the DS-X but I can say im sold on it.

As soon as some things I have ebayed get pay-paled I’m going to order an R4. I have been following the flash cart scene for 6 months and I have never seen such a consistently positive response to a product in that time.

I have been waiting to see the difference between the R4, M3-simple and M3-real, well the simple and R4 are identical and the R4 is cheaper. If the m3 real comes out and happens to offer more then the R4 will go to my girl friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle