Hacking m3 lite and a gba dummy case

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have the m3 lite fit perfectly inside a gba if I bought a gba dummy case for it?

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
If by dummy case you mean this...
http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.ph...products_id=336

Yes it will.

"Converts your M3 Lite into a standard GBA sized cart to be used in a DS Lite, NDS, GBA Micro & GBA SP"
No mention of plain ol' GBA
frown.gif

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only problem would then be that I would have to remove the case everytime I want to remove the microsd card? If so, I can live with that providing that there's no difference between the m3 lite and the g6 lite in terms of performance seeing as the microsd card would hold more games

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You guys need to look at pictures before coming to these silly conclusions. The microSD card goes in the side of the M3 lite. A taller case for the GBA/DS phat will not interfere with that.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wouldn't I have to do the same thing anyways with the g6 lite if I want to use it in my gba?

no, because the G6 lite has internal memory, once it's in the gba casing you will never have to take it apart again unless you want a change the casing to match your DS lite if you choose to buy one in the future.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
You guys need to look at pictures before coming to these silly conclusions. The microSD card goes in the side of the M3 lite. A taller case for the GBA/DS phat will not interfere with that.

but you will still need to take the old gba casing off each time you want to upload new roms on your M3 lite from your computer as the micro SD slot is built into the board of the flash cart chip and it needs the micro SD card to run as that's it's memory basically, it's not like the G6 lite with internal memory, and how else are you suppose to update your roms? through wifi network or something lol

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The M3 lite GBA case lets you insert and remove the microSD card the same way the regular case does. How hard is that to understand?

i didn't misunderstand anything, when i read the reviews and websites selling this adapter it mentioned nothing about having a memory card slot at all in the GBA adapter, at the time i found it quite stupid that they would sell this GBA casing without a place for the micro SD to go in and was presuming they didn't have one to cut down costs or something, oh well, now i know.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
My m3 lite included the gba sized cart, and it has a opening for the micro sd.

i'm guessing you have the old batch of M3 lite then because the recent batches of M3 lite don't have the GBA casing included, in fact all the websites that i have viewed and had the M3 lite listed did not included the GBA adapter and only included the 4 lite cases.

here is a example where there is no mention of a gba casing http://www.realhotstuff.com/lite-adapter-p-119.html

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

where did you buy it from? If this is indeed the case, I'll have to call before I order to make sure it is included. Do all brands of microsd work fine with the m3 lite? How hard is it to remove the microsd since there is no spring thing to simply push down and release.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anybody confirm that the gba adapter does indeed have an opening on the side? maybe a picture?

this would be so awesome since I could fit so many more roms on the microsd and with the prices dropping like crazy I could have like 10 with me at anytime

would they release a version soon with the microsd slot on the top? I would probably guess not and this is something I have to think about before I do make the purchase

serg0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually got a new version because it came with firmware v31, and had to wait 3 weeks for the stores next shipment. I ordered from modchipstore.com, the product says it doesnt include it but mine came with it.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can anybody confirm that the gba adapter does indeed have an opening on the side?
The reason nobody talks about it is because it's expected to be there. If the GBA shell didn't have an opening for the microSD card, people would be bitching all day long about it.

If I say "dude, I met this smoking hot girl at a party last night!", you don't assume she's an amputee just because I didn't specifically say she has arms. Same with the microSD slot on the M3 lite GBA shell. It would only be noteworthy if wasn't there.

AFAIK, all slot 2 M3 carts are side loading. [edit]Turns out this is incorrect. The M3 lite IS side loading though.[/edit] There are pictures of the M3 lite's card slot in the GBATemp review, but no pictures of the GBA shell.

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any chance somebody could take a picture of the gba shell? I just would like to see what it looks like as I cant find reviews of it anywhere

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
any chance somebody could take a picture of the gba shell? I just would like to see what it looks like as I cant find reviews of it anywhere

the only thing i have found is a youtube video of someone holding the GBA casing shown in this link, wait till you get to 2:46 min and you will see the slot part, and it seems the M3 lite does have a spring loading as it clicks when they push the micro SD in it makes a clicking sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VCCpv438No

anyways i don't know why you would want a M3 lite as the menu is fugly anyway, i guess it's because the price is cheaper than the G6 lite?

QUOTE(destructobot @ Mar 31 2007, 04:29 AM)The reason nobody talks about it is because it's expected to be there. If the GBA shell didn't have an opening for the microSD card, people would be bitching all day long about it.

If I say "dude, I met this smoking hot girl at a party last night!", you don't assume she's an amputee just because I didn't specifically say she has arms. Same with the microSD slot on the M3 lite GBA shell. It would only be noteworthy if wasn't there.

it doesn't matter, it's best mentioning everything as i didn't have a clue the gba casing was included until i heard in this topic that it is included, most websites don't even mention that it's included and it would be difficult for someone who would be interested in the flash cart and they only have a phat DS or a gba micro like gatorade and when they read on the website that only the lite cases are included what do you think the end user will think? i don't like surprises and if i brought that blindly with what handhelds i have i would be real mad when i open the box and find that the M3 lite wouldn't fit at all! just like if you tell your friend you see some "hot chick" at some party and they want to meet up with her and when they do they find out that it's not what it all seems because she didn't look as good as she did the other night.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.