Hacking m3 lite and a gba dummy case

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyways i don't know why you would want a M3 lite as the menu is fugly anyway, i guess it's because the price is cheaper than the G6 lite?

Probably because it's far more practical to have a few gb of microsd cards than it is to be stuck with internal memory and being forced to use a computer every time you want to play a different set of games.

Things like that are ever so slightly (read shitloads) more important than "what the menu looks like".. Unless of course you are an interior designer called andre.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
anyways i don't know why you would want a M3 lite as the menu is fugly anyway, i guess it's because the price is cheaper than the G6 lite?

Probably because it's far more practical to have a few gb of microsd cards than it is to be stuck with internal memory and being forced to use a computer every time you want to play a different set of games.

Things like that are ever so slightly (read shitloads) more important than "what the menu looks like".. Unless of course you are an interior designer called andre.

512MB is more than enough data for me, i don't need 40 gba roms all at once, i don't think anyone has time to play that amount of games at one time, and the M3 lite menu is a eyesore it's sickening, you may like (for some crazy reason i will never understand) but it's yuckky to me. anyways with your M3 lite you have to take the micro SD out and then put the micro SD into a SD adapter and then put it into the computer to transfer your roms, with the G6 lite you take the flash cart out of the gba and put it on the U disk thing and then plug it into your computer and that's it, so i think you are the one who will be having problems, not me, and the M3 lite will also need a computer to transfer roms, so i don't know where you got that silly idea that it's only the G6 lite that needs a computer to transfer roms?

ml01.jpg

M3 lite box contents, it looks like it was made for a £ shop ($1 shop), yet it costs nearly $70!

g6.jpg

G6 lite box contents, this is more presentable and you even get a nice tin to put all your stuff in, i feel that my money is well spent compared to the tacky presentation of the M3 lite, but i guess your judgement is been clouded with you M3 fanboyism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyr-DrIkTfE
M3 lite menu system, dull unimaginative and poor, again it looks like it was made for the pound shop and quickly designed in 5 minutes yet again you pay $70 for this?

pictures of M3 lite's in game menu located here:
http://www.scorpei.com/M3lite.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jcu27WAWQI
now look at this menu on the G6 lite, it looks more presentable and more easier on the eye, you can see the games name and icons clearly and it's easier to navigate with touch screen support aswell, hmm so where does the M3 lite have all these nice pretty features?

Pictures of G6 lite's in game menu here:
http://www.xavboxds.com/fr/G6-lite.php3

on top of that the gba section looks very presentable and is one of a kind
G6litegba.jpg

now seriously does the M3 like have all these wonderful features? it's surprising that it doesn't because both cards are made by the same people meaning they both have the same compatibility meaning if i buy a G6 lite i won't be missing out on any compatibility whatsoever.

so if any M3 fanboy tells me otherwise how their flash cart is "better" i will happily redirect them to this topic to show them the real picture.

and also what i really don't understand is when the ninjapass X9 for the DS was first announced and everyone brought one, everyone complained about the dire menu system and GUI, yet when the R4DS was released it gained a lot of praise because of it's great GUI and compatibility and was easy on the eye, presentation does matter and that is what sells, i don't see anyone going into a car shop and buying the most rusty & banged up vehicle you ever seen and then say it's "durable and rides like a dream" it's complete bull imo.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
G6litegba.jpg

So pretty. I'm a big M3 supporter cause its an external media option to the GBA/NDS backup devices. This is just a personal choice. And jalaneme is correct in saying the menu is an eyesore and the packaging is cheap, but those are some things that I just dont care about. When it all comes down to it, M3 lovers and G6 lovers support the same group of people =)

I think we should get off the comparison cause its been beaten to death over the past year(s) and the question seems to have been answered. As far as the original question, Its been answered and a few of us have been a bit more enlightened. Yay us!
yaynds.gif

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any differences between the menus themselves in terms of functionality?

i'm the type of person who prefers to only have to load everything in once instead of having to constantly delete roms just to add new ones

what brands of microsd work best in the m3 lite? does it support 2gig microsds? also i remember not to order ones with shc(sp?) is that correct?

since both the m3 lite and the g6 lite are made by the same people, there should be no differences between them right?

the menu may not look as great as the g6 lite but I really don't care as I gave my reason above.

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
G6 Lite's GBA menu has drawbacks too. Below the pics it shows the internal ROM name, which can make it hard to figure out what is what exactly. M3's GBA menu kinda sucks too, the font is fixed and way too big for longer filenames, but at least it does display filenames.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
G6 Lite's GBA menu has drawbacks too. Below the pics it shows the internal ROM name, which can make it hard to figure out what is what exactly. M3's GBA menu kinda sucks too, the font is fixed and way too big for longer filenames, but at least it does display filenames.

you can edit the roms internal rom name with a program on the PC so you aren't forced to use the default names with you gba roms on the G6 lite's menu, and it gives me more reason to hate the M3 lite it just gets uglier and uglier, i'm very glad i chose the G6 lite.

QUOTEany differences between the menus themselves in terms of functionality?

i'm the type of person who prefers to only have to load everything in once instead of having to constantly delete roms just to add new ones

what brands of microsd work best in the m3 lite? does it support 2gig microsds? also i remember not to order ones with shc(sp?) is that correct?

since both the m3 lite and the g6 lite are made by the same people, there should be no differences between them right?

the menu may not look as great as the g6 lite but I really don't care as I gave my reason above.

if you really want to see the difference between the two menus watch the two youtube links and the reviews with loads of pictures of the menus of both slot 2 flash carts i posted earlier, i would have through any micro SD would be compatible as it's not like you are playing DS roms at all, i have no idea if the M3 lite supports 2GB micro SD both slot 2 flash carts will have the same compatibility as both are made by the same company, yes you should have no problems, that is correct, thats your own oppinion as i've chosen what slot 2 i want.

edit: the answer to your question about the 2GB micro SD is located here:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=32031

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would've gotten the g6 lite but I prefer something that can hold more roms and since 1gig microsds are dropping a lot in price, about $10 for one now, I could hold twice as many roms and with a small case even more when I travel or something

thanks, for all your help as I've now finally finalized what I'm going to get after a week lol

can somebody confirm what brands of 2gig microsds works with the m3 lite?

also what microsds brands should I stick with for nds lite games in the future?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
anyways with your M3 lite you have to take the micro SD out and then put the micro SD into a SD adapter and then put it into the computer to transfer your roms, with the G6 lite you take the flash cart out of the gba and put it on the U disk thing and then plug it into your computer and that's it, so i think you are the one who will be having problems, not me

I won't have any problems, because I don't have a G6 or a M3.

But if I did, I'd have 3 or 4 2gb microsd cards, so that I would only ever need to put the decent games on the card once. Then when I want to swap to a different set of games I put a different microsd card in. 3seconds of work.

Whilst you are arsing about plugging things into your computer and flashing and spending forever waiting for it. Not forgetting that you have to be somewhere with a computer to do that. Whilst I'm on the train with a selection of 8-10gig of games and you are stuck with 512mb.

Seems like YOU are the one with the problem, and I'm free to play. Hypothetically of course - as I say, I don't have either.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
oh whatever, i don't need to play a huge amount of games all at once, i'm really not that greedy and all i see is self indulgence because you can get it for free you think you can have it all at once, i bet you wouldn't even play half of those games that you have in there and it doesn't take more than a few seconds to change the game you want anyway, stop making sound like it's the worst thing in the world ffs.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oh whatever, i don't need to play a huge amount of games all at once, i'm really not that greedy and all i see is self indulgence because you can get it for free you think you can have it all at once, i bet you wouldn't even play half of those games that you have in there and it doesn't take more than a few seconds to change the game you want anyway, stop making sound like it's the worst thing in the world ffs.

lollzer!! you are the one making everything but your beloved g6 sound like the worst card in the world - you are calling everyone else fanboys yet the only fanboyism on this thread is from you.

Some of us are away from a computer for weeks/months at a time, not all of us are nerds that sit at a computer everyday. A card that allows you to have 10gig of games with you whilst you travel through europe, or do the summer festival circuit would be a wonderful thing (especially when combined with a couple of solar powered battery chargers).

You asked why anyone would want removable storage, I answered and you went on a fanboy rant (against fanboys, ironically). If you sit and play one game to death before moving onto another and you have access to a computer constantly (and your name is andre and a gui is SOOOO important to you) then I'm sure the G6 is the best choice.

For me, if I ever feel the need to play GBA games I'll get one of those EZ Flash expansion packs to use alongside my R4, and a couple of gig of MicroSD cards.

gatorade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a 2gig microsd card would work right? I just purchased one and if it doesnt, no lose as I could always stick it in my cellphone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?