M3 DS real breaking - tips for replacement?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by esther12, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esther12
    OP

esther12 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2009
    United States
    Hi there.

I'm totally out of the loop on carts etc, but my M3 DS real keeps freezing no matter how much paper I stuff down the back with it.

I've got one with a mini sd card and the GBA pack, and I'd quite like a replacement that's compatible with the GBA pak.

I'm in the UK and the place I bought my last card from seems to be having problems with their site, so I've not done much browsing myself yet.

*snip

That's a pretty extensive list. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Ta.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I don't know which GBA pack you're referring to, but it if can be used by GBA Exploader then any decent slot-1 cart can use it. Here's my copy-paste on which flash carts are the best deals nowadays so you can compare the features and prices for yourself.

You have three choices for carts that have proper support/updates.
    [*]The original R4.
    NOT "R4-III Upgrade", NOT "R4-SDHC", NOT "R4i", NOT "R4 Gold", NOT "R4 Red", NOT "R4 King"...
    NOT ANYTHING ELSE WITH "R4" IN THE NAME! JUST "R4 Revolution".
    • Price: ~$6
    • Rank: The cheap card for somebody that just wants to play some games on a DS/Lite.
    [*]Acekard 2i
    • Price: ~$16
    • Rank: Mid-range card for people that want to play lots of games on a DSi/XL with some extra features.
    [*]Supercard DSTwo
    • Price: ~$35
    [​IMG]
    • DS / DS Lite
      The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
    • DSi / DSi XL
      The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
    • Game Updates
      Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
    • SDHC
      SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
    • WiFi Update
      The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
    • Clean Mode
      The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
    • RTS
      The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
    • In-Game Guide
      You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
    • Slow Motion
      The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
    • In-Game Cheats
      The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
    • Special Homebrew
      The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
    • Battery Life
      Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

NO ASKING FOR LINKS TO ROMS HERE.

3. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    portugal
    you can use YSMENU to boot GBA roms from slot 2

4. esther12
    OP

esther12 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2009
    United States
    Thanks for all that.

I've got the GBA pack that came with the M3 'perfect pack'.

I just used it with sakura and didn't need any extra programs. Would I need a new M3 to be able to keep using it so easily? Does anyone know if the M3is are compatible with the GBA pack.

It seems like it's a bit uncertain if new updates are coming for M3, but I normally use it for old stuff anyway so could just get an M3 anyway, and use whichever version of sakura's thought to be currently the best? Or is that a terrible idea?

I was happy with the M3 - other than it breaking, and was hoping to just get an improved replacement. But if there are M3 is dead and there are other carts that I can easily move over to that are even better, I guess I should do that.

I'm not bothered by cheats/guides/etc, and only really want something that makes playing games utterly hassle free.

Thanks for the knowledge!

edit: One other thing - I've currently got an 8gb micro sd card, so not being able to use that would be a pain. Ta.

5. geminisama

geminisama Metsu

Jul 17, 2008
    United States
    Oregon
    Good question. I asked the same thing some time ago, and I didn't get any replies. Good luck.

6. esther12
    OP

esther12 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2009
    United States
    What did you do?

I could go for an Acekard 2i, or go for a replacement M3. I'm not sure.

7. Etalon

Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Oct 18, 2010
    Macau
    lol.

Acekard, of course! [​IMG]

8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ The savior of the broken

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Save money and hassle, go with the Acekard 2i, it's just a better card.

9. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
    all of your questions (apart from the one I removed) could have been asked and answered Here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice