Status
Not open for further replies.

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm trying to set up A9LH by following the guides in the github howto. I have an O3DS XL which is already on 9.2. I have menuhax installed but when I try starting Luma 5.5 on HBL, it starts fine just 1 out of 10 times. Most of the times I just get a black screen and I'm forced to hard shutdown. This is my first attempt in modding my console, never owned any flashcard whatsoever. The only black screen troubleshooting I found was about a GW downgrade, but it's not my case. What should I do?

Last edited by Montblanc,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'm trying to set up A9LH by following the guides in the github howto. I have an O3DS XL which is already on 9.2. I have menuhax installed but when I try starting Luma 5.5 on HBL, it starts fine just 1 out of 10 times. Most of the times I just get a black screen and I'm forced to hard shutdown. This is my first attempt in modding my console, never owned any flashcard whatsoever. The only black screen troubleshooting I found was about a GW downgrade, but it's not my case. What should I do?
It's totally normal on menuhax. if you need more stable boot rate I recommend you to install (setup) " ctr boot manager" and launch luma with .dat file instead of 3dsx.
if you already used this I'm sorry. I sounded like you have booted from .3dsx file.

Anyway Good luck!

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's totally normal on menuhax. if you need more stable boot rate I recommend you to install (setup) " ctr boot manager" and launch luma with .dat file instead of 3dsx.
if you already used this I'm sorry. I sounded like you have booted from .3dsx file.

Anyway Good luck!

Yeah, that def sounds like Menuhax's terrible bootrate, as Februarysn0w pointed out. If doing the A9LH guide, just keep trying and deal with it until the end of the guide, that way you just get A9LH setup and have the 100% bootrate.

MrTigger0202

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New user here! Need a small bit of help..

I successfully installed Luma3DS CFW and am now on Sys 11.0.0-33U. I can confirm I'm on CFW SYS-NAND, since I can do the following:
  • hold Select on boot to launch the Luma3DS configuration menu.
  • hold Start on boot to launch Hourglass9.
  • hold Y on boot to launch EmuNAND9.
My problem is (after following the full Github guide - https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) that my Health & Safety App is not FBI, for some reason.. So I can't figure out how to get to either HBL or FBI and install anything..

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I successfully installed Luma3DS CFW and am now on Sys 11.0.0-33U. I can confirm I'm on CFW SYS-NAND, since I can do the following:
My problem is (after following the full Github guide - https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) that my Health & Safety App is not FBI, for some reason.. So I can't figure out how to get to either HBL or FBI and install anything..

Remember those steps in Plailect's guide that has you backup your hs.app, create a new hs.app (that is actually FBI), then inject it into your Health&Safety app? Do that again. Then when you get FBI (H&S version) back, make sure you install the CIA version of FBI so that it won't be overwritten whenever you update your firmware.

Edit:
From here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
  1. Open Decrypt9 (This can sometimes take a few tries), then go to "EmuNAND Options", then select the "Health & Safety Dump" option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  2. Press Select to eject your SD card, then put it in your computer
  3. Extract Universal Inject Generator, then copy both hs.app from your SD card and FBI.ciafrom the FBI zip to the input folder
  4. Double click go.bat (or execute go.shwith Terminal on Linux / Mac)
  5. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
  6. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "EmuNAND Options" and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
  7. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A and confirm to inject

Last edited by samiam144,
Reactions: MrTigger0202

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Use Hourglass9's->SysNAND Bacup/Restore->"Health&Safety Dump" to dump your H&S.app, and use Universal-Inject-Generator to inject it with FBI, then use Hourglass9's->SysNAND Bacup/Restore->"Health&Safety Inject" to inject the modified H&S.app.

Reactions: MrTigger0202

bakterio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're holding L to get into Sysnand, hold R instead, that helped me.
Thanks for your answer. I don't need to hold either because I have the option "Autoboot SysNAND", but the problem seems to be related since now it works using the option "SysNAND is updated (A9LH-only)" and with a firmware.bin in the luma folder. So the injected games don't work patching the sysnand directly.

Regards.

Last edited by bakterio,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the one I linked on Ebay.fr, I can't find the speed for read/write, do you know it ?
(SanDisk Extreme MicroSDXC 64 Go class 10 UHS-1)

temper999

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There is no need for buying faster cards than "Class 10 UHS-1".
Menu loading times are slightly slower on 64GB than on <= 32GB.

Last edited by temper999,

Montblanc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Anyway Good luck!

Yeah, that def sounds like Menuhax's terrible bootrate, as Februarysn0w pointed out. If doing the A9LH guide, just keep trying and deal with it until the end of the guide, that way you just get A9LH setup and have the 100% bootrate.

Thank you guys! With some patience I could finally install A9LH and now it starts flawlessly. Since this is my first time in the 3DS hacking scene, may I ask you a few more questions?

1. The luma version I have now is the latest build found from here. Will I be able to upgrade through luma updater (or star updater)?

2. I still have my original SD card which contains everything from photos to downloaded games. To hack my O3DS I used a brand new Sandisk SDHC. Can I merge my original sd card folders to the new one to have everything back? Will there be any folder naming mismatch?

3. Do you have any cool homebrew suggestions? :)

Thank you so much for your kindness!

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those two cards are only like 48MB/sec WRITE

Get this one: http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=12411104769&vpn=SDCA3/64GB&manufacture=KINGSTON
90 READ and 80 WRITE

and the price is just amazing too
3DS's SD slot can push maybe 5 MB/s at best, so the higher-end cards won't help much.

Also, since everyone seems to forget it: SDHC "Class 10" means the card has a minimum guaranteed write speed of 10 MB/s. It doesn't indicate maximum write speed, or say anything about read speed. You're going to be limited by the 3DS's hardware, not the card.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: 2 MB/s or 5 MB/s?
Reactions: Kyojin and Asia81
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls