Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylersilva93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you install the GBA games to both your sysNAND and emuNAND?
yep, again im pretty familar with 3ds cfw stuff

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nvm got it working, turns out its a weird little glitch thing with that custom bootctr

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Create an empty file called "usepatchedfw" for this in the "rei" folder. For me it saves like a second on New 3DS.
thanks for adding it in, saving these sweet 0.7 seconds on my o3ds just like I measured with my modification just that this code is looking even cleaner :D

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If someone uses this without a9lh (menuhax, etc.) and then switches to a9lh, the old FIRMs are no good (no FIRM writes patch, wrong 9.0 patched FIRM...)
Maybe you could use a status file to identify the applied patches(maybe even with a patch version to identify changes in the patches), this way you could patch it only if needed.

Reactions: Serphirot

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I need help I'm trying to boot into HBL via Sliderhax but it isn't working at all. So, do I need to go out and buy a game and then update it and try again or what. My 3ds just freezes every time when I press the slider and it never goes past that. Firm Ver. 2.2.0 4U

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
can someone clarify what are those patched firmwares? The new aureinand build says we must remove them. Is firmware90.bin considered to be patched?

Reactions: democracy
D

Deleted User

can someone clarify what are those patched firmwares? The new aureinand build says we must remove them. Is firmware90.bin considered to be patched?

No.

Basically in a nut-shell (as I understand it)

Firmware90.bin and Firmware.bin are untouched, original NativeFirm binaries.
Firmwarepatched.bin is basically all the patches AuRei uses patched into the original nativefirm. This patched FW is the one that's firmlaunched.

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country
No.

Basically in a nut-shell (as I understand it)

Firmware90.bin and Firmware.bin are untouched, original NativeFirm binaries.
Firmwarepatched.bin is basically all the patches AuRei uses patched into the original nativefirm. This patched FW is the one that's firmlaunched.

I see. Thanks
And is the one used to boot NTR also patched?

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's as gunner said. By the way, I need some testing with a new feature. This is for people who use A9LH and emuNAND. It should fix the bug with GBA saves (it forces AuRei to reboot in sysNand if AGB_FIRM was just quitted): http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/YjYzRhNd/file.html
Update to 2.7 first (including the "rei" folder!) and then replace the .bin. Tell me how it goes.

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's as gunner said. By the way, I need some testing with a new feature. This is for people who use A9LH and emuNAND. It should fix the bug with GBA saves (it forces AuRei to reboot in sysNand if AGB_FIRM was just quitted): http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/YjYzRhNd/file.html
Update to 2.7 first (including the "rei" folder!) and then replace the .bin. Tell me how it goes.

Worked for me on N3ds 9.1 J, this is a big help, particularly since it also boots back to sysnand after you use settings.

Edit: Is there something that is updated in AuReiNand for A9LH besides they rei folder and the A9LH bin (the latter of which is in your zip?). Eg, the boot.3dsx and the rei.3dsx stuff is just optional if you are using A9LH right?

Last edited by ootnes2,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Worked for me on N3ds 9.1 J, this is a big help, particularly since it also boots back to sysnand after you use settings.
So you launched a GBA game from emuNAND, quitted it and it correctly rebooted to sysNAND? :)
Yeah, other than the GBA bug fix it also forces the same thing to be booted (regardless of held buttons) after a soft reboot (like exiting from System Settings).

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you launched a GBA game from emuNAND, quitted it and it correctly rebooted to sysNAND? :)
Yeah, other than the GBA bug fix it also forces the same thing to be booted (regardless of held buttons) after a soft reboot (like exiting from System Settings).

Edit: Sorry misread your post. My gba games don't work on emunand (possibly because I don't have the patched agb_firm there). I only tested in sysnand, where I tried both the 10.4 firmware and the 9.0 firmware. I only tested it with an eeprom gba game, but since the problem only seemed to happen if you didn't go back to sysnand and this seems to ensure that there doesn't seem to be a reason to think this won't work for the other save types.

Last edited by ootnes2,
Reactions: Aurora Wright

Seita

Trophies
XP
Country

I tested the file on my A9LH and it does fix the gba save problem and redirects me to sysNAND after quitting. But if I also go to system settings and go out, I get redirected to sysNAND. So this requires turning off my N3ds and on again to get to emuNAND.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases/tag/v3.7
- Added a flag to skip decrypting and patching FIRM and use the already patched ones, for a slightly faster boot and to avoid writing 1 MB to SD on each boot. Warning!: You MUST remove the patched firmwares in the rei folder after switching from a non-A9LH usage to A9LH. You have been warned! Original idea and patch by Fix94.
Create an empty file called "usepatchedfw" for this in the "rei" folder. For me it saves like a second on New 3DS.
Thanks for this. Still a bit con fused about what to do and what not to do, can someone really dumb this down for me?

D

Deleted User

TLDR: Works for save, reboot loop with exiting sysNAND from System Settings.

Confirmed working on my unit. A9LH (9.2 sys, 10.6 emu) [both with patched AGB firm]
Opened GBA game from emuNAND.
Played a bit and saved. [booted to original Rei] confirmed save not present.
Opened GBA game again from emuNAND [your new loader]
Played a bit and saved.
Rebooted to new A9LH.bin and thrown into sysNAND.
Powered off and booted back to emuNAND and relaunched GBA. Save present.

Though as stated above for Seita, using System Settings to back out seems to loop it. Powering off and on works fine.

Last edited by ,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TLDR: Works for save, reboot loop with exiting sysNAND from System Settings.

Confirmed working on my unit. A9LH (9.2 sys, 10.6 emu) [both with patched AGB firm]
Opened GBA game from emuNAND.
Played a bit and saved. [booted to original Rei] confirmed save not present.
Opened GBA game again from emuNAND [your new loader]
Played a bit and saved.
Rebooted to new A9LH.bin and thrown into sysNAND.
Powered off and booted back to emuNAND and relaunched GBA. Save present.

Though as stated above for Seita, using System Settings to back out seems to loop it. Powering off and on works fine.
http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/frCWhyR6/file.html This one works fine here (but I don't have GBA games on emuNAND).
I enter sysNAND, I launch a GBA game. I quit it, and I hold L pressed, it successfully blocks my attempt and I find myself in SysNAND again.
Then I enter system settings, and I hold L while quitting it. It blocks my attempt and I end up in SysNAND again.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/frCWhyR6/file.html This one works fine here (but I don't have GBA games on emuNAND).
I enter sysNAND, I launch a GBA game. I quit it, and I hold L pressed, it successfully blocks my attempt and I find myself in SysNAND again.
Then I enter system settings, and I hold L while quitting it. It blocks my attempt and I end up in SysNAND again.
This doesn't benefit people who mainly use sysNAND, I assume?

D

Deleted User

This doesn't benefit people who mainly use sysNAND, I assume?

Correct. If you're in sysNAND when using GBA, this problem doesn't happen. Only when launching from emuNANDs.

I'll give this one a try when I return from dinner with the wife. Or if someone else gets back to you earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1