Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a 9.2 emunand as a backup so I can run any homebrew, like Decrypt9.
Arm9loaderhax allows me to play my games on my 10.6 sysnand.

So that's why you would need two EmuNAND firmwares, one 9.2 and one the latest firmware? Because homebrew doesn't work on the latest EmuNAND firmware?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I'm just trying to figure Aureinand out. There's three different ways you can use Aureinand. Booting to system updated, booting using Firmware90, which boots to 9.2 Emunand, and booting to regular emunand, which boots an emunand that can be updated to the latest updated firmware. I'm trying to figure out why I would need two different emunand, what the point would be.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry. I'm just trying to figure Aureinand out. There's three different ways you can use Aureinand. Booting to system updated, booting using Firmware90, which boots to 9.2 Emunand, and booting to regular emunand, which boots an emunand that can be updated to the latest updated firmware. I'm trying to figure out why I would need two different emunand, what the point would be.
You don't need two emuNANDs. If your sysNAND's on 10.6, then your emuNAND should be on 9.2, with both firmware files in the /rei/ folder on your SD card.

Reactions: Februarysn0w

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When we boot it using ARM9LoaderHax we can have our sysnand on the latest version.
If we use other boot methods then we have to keep our sysnand untouched and update the emunand.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When we boot it using ARM9LoaderHax we can have our sysnand on the latest version.
If we use other boot methods then we have to keep our sysnand untouched and update the emunand.

So if I choose to use Emunand on Aurienand using A9HL, sysnand can never be updated? I didn't know that.

sofakng

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases/tag/v3.7
- Added a flag to skip decrypting and patching FIRM and use the already patched ones, for a slightly faster boot and to avoid writing 1 MB to SD on each boot. Warning!: You MUST remove the patched firmwares in the rei folder after switching from a non-A9LH usage to A9LH. You have been warned! Original idea and patch by Fix94.
Create an empty file called "usepatchedfw" for this in the "rei" folder. For me it saves like a second on New 3DS.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
https://github.com/AuroraWright/AuReiNand/releases/tag/v3.7
- Added a flag to skip decrypting and patching FIRM and use the already patched ones, for a slightly faster boot and to avoid writing 1 MB to SD on each boot. Warning!: You MUST remove the patched firmwares in the rei folder after switching from a non-A9LH usage to A9LH. You have been warned! Original idea and patch by Fix94.
Create an empty file called "usepatchedfw" for this in the "rei" folder. For me it saves like a second on New 3DS.
Thanks for the update

By non-A9LH usage you mean..? If we ever restored NAND to one from before A9LH?

Tylersilva93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i need some help, sorry to be a bother ive been pretty good when it comes to 3ds cfw and homebrew. Anyway im running aureinand 3.6.1 with A9LH on a N3DS and cant seem to get GBA vc games to run at all. I patched agb firm on both sysnand and emunand but cant run GBA in either environment including sysnand with 9.0 firm. can someone tell me what im doing wrong or how to get it working please. Strange thing is on my friends O3ds which i did for him with the exact same set up and patched agb firm his works fine but mine doesn't. Is there a different method for N3ds?

fate6

Haha, I killed a Pumpkin!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i need some help, sorry to be a bother ive been pretty good when it comes to 3ds cfw and homebrew. Anyway im running aureinand 3.6.1 with A9LH on a N3DS and cant seem to get GBA vc games to run at all. I patched agb firm on both sysnand and emunand but cant run GBA in either environment including sysnand with 9.0 firm. can someone tell me what im doing wrong or how to get it working please. Strange thing is on my friends O3ds which i did for him with the exact same set up and patched agb firm his works fine but mine doesn't. Is there a different method for N3ds?

There is a different agb_firm yes so make sure you didn't install the o3DS one

Tylersilva93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a different agb_firm yes so make sure you didn't install the o3DS one
No i know that, i personally patched both agb firms using Agb firm sig patcher. I used the old3ds and new 3ds specific files respectively, the new 3ds patched agb firm is indeed the one i installed on mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64