Not open for further replies.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You really can't imagine how many people on here would enable that and then come here complaining that the new patches don't work. XD
oooh with the projects I did I know exactly what you mean :P I just like to take a risk like that and just brace for people complaining cause I know they are also people who end up using new features responsibly.

Reactions: Madridi

mr_man_029

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, what are some cases someone would boot into sysNAND without the 9.0 FIRM by holding R? I feel like most of the time you would want the 9.0 FIRM so you can run things like HBL right?

ootnes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, what are some cases someone would boot into sysNAND without the 9.0 FIRM by holding R? I feel like most of the time you would want the 9.0 FIRM so you can run things like HBL right?

You would load the 10.4 firmware to use games with 9.6 crypto.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Games seem to still be broken on 10.6 SysNAND on the latest release.

9.0 FIRM EmuNAND launches them just fine.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS Games seem to still be broken on 10.6 SysNAND on the latest release.

9.0 FIRM EmuNAND launches them just fine.
works flawlessly here. tested both legit copy of avatar, and an ak2.1, on a 2ds and n3ds, both with 10.6sysnand and a9lh. using patched twl_firm

edit: how did i confuse ak2.1 with ak2i? im an idiot. fixed above

Last edited by tvall,

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
works flawlessly here. tested both legit copy of avatar, and an ak2i, on a 2ds and n3ds, both with 10.6sysnand and a9lh. using patched twl_firm
That's weird. Not only is my flash cart not working, but DS DOWNLOAD PLAY goes to a black screen and freezes.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using latest version of aureinand? o3ds or n3ds? patched twl_firm?
Latest version o3DS, no patched TWL_FIRM, which is irrelevant to launching an included system title.

Have a nearly identical setup on an n3DS as well and that can boot DS titles without issue.

Last edited by gameking66,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If I only wanted to load a 9.2 emunand to use decrypt 9, would I rename the firmware90.bin in FIRMs/A9LH/rei-n3ds to firmware.bin and put it in the rei folder on the SD card?

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I only wanted to load a 9.2 emunand to use decrypt 9, would I rename the firmware90.bin in FIRMs/A9LH/rei-n3ds to firmware.bin and put it in the rei folder on the SD card?
No.

Put both firmware.bin and firmware90.bin in the /rei/ on your SD card. Assuming your emuNAND's already on 9.2, your sysNAND's already on 10.6, and you have the updatedsysnand flag, simply boot into emuNAND by pressing L at boot.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No.

Put both firmware.bin and firmware90.bin in the /rei/ on your SD card. Assuming your emuNAND's already on 9.2, your sysNAND's already on 10.6, and you have the updatedsysnand flag, simply boot into emuNAND by pressing L at boot.
Ive got 2 SD cards though, one for everything and another (the one in question) and its only purpose is to have an emunand on 9.2 to load decrypt9. So when this sd is inserted i'd like it to boot straight to emunand using the 9.0 firm because this is the only thing i want to use it for

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got 2 SD cards though, one for everything and another (the one in question) and its only purpose is to have an emunand on 9.2 to load decrypt9. So when this sd is inserted i'd like it to boot straight to emunand using the 9.0 firm because this is the only thing i want to use it for
Then yes, rename firmware90.bin to firmware.bin.

Reactions: Yudowat

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to enable a system wide block on write to firm0 and firm 1 for both emunand and sysnand while also keeping the default set to boot to emunand on boot?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure that that's exactly what aureinand does already.

Writing to your emunand's firm0/firm1 doesn't mean much of anything though. The a9lh never even did anything with it to begin with and emunand is always externally firmlaunched anyway, isn't it?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to enable a system wide block on write to firm0 and firm 1 for both emunand and sysnand while also keeping the default set to boot to emunand on boot?
Actually the flag is not needed, the only requirement is that you're running on A9LH (so to be clear, you can update booting sysNAND with L or R without the flag).

You can have both on 10.6, if you really want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning