Status
Not open for further replies.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah I'm not talking about layeredfs I'm talkin about the luma locale region change feature
Ah, doesn't that only load and take effect once the games actually running? I'm pretty sure it's the Home Menu that picks the proper banner from the available ones so it goes by it's own locale and not the one set for the specific game.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah, doesn't that only load and take effect once the games actually running? I'm pretty sure it's the Home Menu that picks the proper banner from the available ones so it goes by it's own locale and not the one set for the specific game.
I thought I read somewhere that it would work but yeah, don't believe everything you read I guess.

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I downloaded the file from here: https://github.com/SciresM/boot9strap/releases , created a folder on 3DS named boot9strap and placed inside the 1.1 version along with secret_sector.bin(can be downloaded from 3ds.guide). I then fired SafeB9Installer(https://github.com/d0k3/SafeB9SInstaller) and opened it via Luma3DS's payload chain.
The secret_sector.bin file, does it work with boot9strap 1.0 or 1.1 already installed ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Aurora Wright
The boot9strap installer is used to perform the upgrade procedure for version 1.1 ?
I'm asking this, because the installer SafeA9LHInstaller, has in its description, stating that it serves as updater. In the SafeB9SInstaller description, it only reports that it serves as the installer.

Last edited by Ryumaru,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The secret_sector.bin file, does it work with boot9strap 1.0 or 1.1 already installed ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Aurora Wright
The boot9strap installer is used to perform the upgrade procedure for version 1.1 ?
I'm asking this, because the installer SafeA9LHInstaller, has in its description, stating that it serves as updater. In the SafeB9SInstaller description, it only reports that it serves as the installer.
Don't expect them to help with updating to B9S 1.1 for a few reasons:
  1. It's not compatible with the current stable release of Luma
  2. This is the Luma3DS thread and installing B9S is outside the scope of this thread's purpose and support.

That said, your answer is in the SafeB9SInstaller description on Github: "The new entrypoints mean that you can now run SafeB9SInstaller from FW 2.1 (if you managed to mess up somehow), and from boot9strap itself, where it will function as an updater."

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Don't expect them to help with updating to B9S 1.1 for a few reasons:
  1. It's not compatible with the current stable release of Luma
  2. This is the Luma3DS thread and installing B9S is outside the scope of this thread's purpose and support.

That said, your answer is in the SafeB9SInstaller description on Github: "The new entrypoints mean that you can now run SafeB9SInstaller from FW 2.1 (if you managed to mess up somehow), and from boot9strap itself, where it will function as an updater."
Thanks for the info, I did not know that a new version of the updater had come out.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

I thought I read somewhere that it would work but yeah, don't believe everything you read I guess.
You have to mod the CIA for the banner. As I understand it, it's missing the banner for your region. You have to make a duplicate of the original banner and rename it to your region and rebuild the CIA.

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes.

You have to mod the CIA for the banner. As I understand it, it's missing the banner for your region. You have to make a duplicate of the original banner and rename it to your region and rebuild the CIA.
sounds easy to me, but sadly there is no documentation on the roms files like in oras, or at least I did not find it.

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
A question about the Luma settings panel: the option to load files to modify the games, serves to load NTR files ?

Last edited by Ryumaru,

iceedge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma updater isn't working for me. I get an error when updating from 7.0.1 to 7.1.

Something went wrong while trying to update, see screen below for details.

Reason for failure: Download failed

Extracting payload [ERR]
FATAL: Could not find arm9loaderhax.binFATAL
Could not get A9LH payload

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma updater isn't working for me. I get an error when updating from 7.0.1 to 7.1.

Extracting payload [ERR]
Luma no longer supports A9LH. Update to boot9strap by following this: https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

Ryumaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine

Extracting payload [ERR]
You already have boot9strap installed, version 7.1 only works on boot9strap.
It is if you are using boot9strap you need to download this updater.
https://github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds easy to me, but sadly there is no documentation on the roms files like in oras, or at least I did not find it.
This thread is probably a better place to ask.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/
I think the Pokémon games have all the banners. It's usually single region Japanese games that never get released elsewhere that have missing banner bits. I never tried banner fixing. Try Googling how to bannerfix. That might get you to a tutorial.
Yeah, I'm on that page but I'm not sure if I need to do this step :/
Enable "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" in Luma3DS settings. Make sure you're not using custom settings. Enable "Autoboot Emunand". If it says Emu in front of version number, then you have EmuNAND. If it says Sys, then you don't have an EmuNAND.

Reactions: iceedge

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys need some help I have a New3DS b9s + Luma3ds 7.1 I just checked Luma Updater and noticed the latest stable was 8.0 so I updated but after the update when the 3ds is supposed to reboot, it didn't and upon pressing the power I get the blue light for a second then it goes back off which I'm guessing is because I have the wrong boot.firm? Can someone steer me in the right direction.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys need some help I have a New3DS b9s + Luma3ds 7.1 I just checked Luma Updater and noticed the latest stable was 8.0 so I updated but after the update when the 3ds is supposed to reboot, it didn't and upon pressing the power I get the blue light for a second then it goes back off which I'm guessing is because I have the wrong boot.firm? Can someone steer me in the right direction.
Did you update to boot9strap v1.2? That is needed for Luma 8.0 to work, as stated in the release notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD