Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
oh, PLEASE @Aurora Wright re-add it!
No, there are other ways (unlink your stuff and give sysnand another theme then emunand and setup your icons in another way.)
On my other system i have red for sysnand (warns me enough to know i'm in sysnand) and miiplaza theme on emunand, on sysnand there are no icons, all is in folders, on emunand i have my icons i play every day and the rest in folders

Reactions: Aurora Wright

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
No, there are other ways (unlink your stuff and give sysnand another theme then emunand and setup your icons in another way.)
On my other system i have red for sysnand (warns me enough to know i'm in sysnand) and miiplaza theme on emunand, on sysnand there are no icons, all is in folders, on emunand i have my icons i play every day and the rest in folders
i have RED in EMUNAND because i never use it (except decrypt9) while i use arm9loaderhax on sysnand, it would be useful to see if you are actually in reinand cfw

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh, PLEASE @Aurora Wright re-add it!
I said countless times that I won't, as it patches unrelated things in RAM and as of today it's completely useless (we have Home Menu themes and other ways to tell apart the NANDs). On top of that, it requires work to keep all the offsets updated for O and N3DS (the thread would have to be different for the two).
Edit: it would have to be different for emuNAND and sysNAND too, if you want different strings

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
I said countless times that I won't, as it patches unrelated things in RAM and as of today it's completely useless (we have Home Menu themes and other ways to tell apart the NANDs). On top of that, it requires work to keep all the offsets updated for O and N3DS (the thread would have to be different for the two).
ah, ok, thanks for the explanation.

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I understand correctly, i can delete sysnandupdate file to boot a9hl in sysnand?

Could I flash my 10.6 emunand to my sysnand then just use sysnand for all my stuff?

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edit: it would have to be different for emuNAND and sysNAND too, if you want different strings

Could you provide some code to make it ? Having "Rei" in front of my firmware was nice, and with A9LH I would like to see if I'm on SysNand or EmuNand (even if that's pretty obvious, it was still a nice thing to see it on settings, a bit like rxTools did).

More importantly, could you add some buttons shortcuts at boot on A9LH ? For example, it would be really nice to boot HBL from boot, or using a 10.2 FIRM on 10.6 SysNAND to be able to use NTR.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work, it's really, really great.

EDIT : And one more question (sorry for all of those questions, I'm curious and there are so many cool things we could do with A9LH, I'm really excited), do you plan to add multi-emuNANDs feature (this would allow us to have 9.2 for exploits, 10.5 of our region for tests and 10.5 of other region if we want/need to) ?

Last edited by GBHAKC75,

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could you provide some code to make it ? Having "Rei" in front of my firmware was nice, and with A9LH I would like to see if I'm on SysNand or EmuNand (even if that's pretty obvious, it was still a nice thing to see it on settings, a bit like rxTools did).

More importantly, could you add some buttons shortcuts at boot on A9LH ? For example, it would be really nice to boot HBL from boot, or using a 10.2 FIRM on 10.6 SysNAND to be able to use NTR.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your work, it's really, really great.
The only "code" I could provide that didn't mean "doing it on my own" would be to tell you "go check out the original ReiNand source". If you're able to "mess with things" (I don't define myself as a coder yet... but I like to mess with things) you'll figure it out easily. Can't boot HBL from boot from a CFW, and there's no use (yet) in having both the FIRM for NTR and the latest FIRM (currently, everything works fine on both. So just use the NTR one if you use NTR).
This CFW is meant to be minimal, so to provide everything an user would *really* need without adding useless features. A it's open source, everyone can customize it to their needs.

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The only "code" I could provide that didn't mean "doing it on my own" would be to tell you "go check out the original ReiNand source". If you're able to "mess with things" (I don't define myself as a coder yet... but I like to mess with things) you'll figure it out easily. Can't boot HBL from boot from a CFW, and there's no use (yet) in having both the FIRM for NTR and the latest FIRM (currently, everything works fine on both. So just use the NTR one if you use NTR).
Is it normal to have sig checks disabled on my SysNAND with this because it is for some reason on my 9.2 when I boot into it holding down L

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This CFW is meant to be minimal, so to provide everything an user would *really* need without adding useless features. A it's open source, everyone can customize it to their needs.

I saw that on GitHub, but this would patch emuNAND and sysNAND, I didn't saw any code to add, let's say "Rei-E" for EmuNAND" and "Rei-S" for SysNAND...

And thanks for the NTR thing. I was thinking that there would be downsides of using 10.2FIRM on 10.6, but if it works that's great.

I know it's supposed to be minimal and this will not be merged, but I was thinking about making few "patches" for personal use to let users custom it like they want, that would be really great, I think.

Last edited by GBHAKC75,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
I saw that on GitHub, but this would patch emuNAND and sysNAND, I didn't saw any code to add, let's say "Rei-E" for EmuNAND" and "Rei-S" for SysNAND...
I know it's supposed to be minimal and this will not be merged, but I was thinking about making few "patches" for personal use to let users custom it like they want, that would be really great, I think.
if you know how and you will be able to make it arm9loaderhax compatible... YES PLEASE!

GBHAKC75

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you know how and you will be able to make it arm9loaderhax compatible... YES PLEASE!

I know a bit of C++ (I'm a Java dev but I know the syntax and basics of C++) and making a patch is really easy. That said I'm not familiar at all with 3DS architecture and code, and I don't have any hardmod, so I'm a bit worried of bricking it by letting my own code running on it.

That said, if I ever do some modifications, then I'll release it as a fork and make patches available ;).

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
I know a bit of C++ (I'm a Java dev but I know the syntax and basics of C++) and making a patch is really easy. That said I'm not familiar at all with 3DS architecture and code, and I don't have any hardmod, so I'm a bit worried of bricking it by letting my own code running on it.

That said, if I ever do some modifications, then I'll release it as a fork and make patches available ;).
Patches require asm. Main logic of cfws is in c.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!