Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
U using a9l? If so maybe ur emunand and sysnand are swapped. Try putting the file in and seeing what it boots to.
So they are swapped, i put the file in and emunand booted, how do i fix this? also how can i install fbi or any other via installer in 10.6 emunand? Thanks for all the help :)

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
10.7 removed my A9LH!
I'm kidding, it's obviously safe to update sysnand.

Now stop pissing your pants.
1d3f0727386551125c131e4a10d7346f.jpg

It's just so stable

Reactions: GBHAKC75

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lulz at all these system updates, if they are seriously trying to fight the homebrewers, they are doing a piss poor job, not to mention that people who use their 3ds totally legit generally arnt looking for this kind of stuff anything so why would the updates matter for them as well? Nintendo logic at its finest.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1d3f0727386551125c131e4a10d7346f.jpg

It's just so stable
That wrench is the most stable-lest wrench I've ever seen!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lulz at all these system updates, if they are seriously trying to fight the homebrewers, they are doing a piss poor job, not to mention that people who use their 3ds totally legit generally arnt looking for this kind of stuff anything so why would the updates matter for them as well? Nintendo logic at its finest.
Probably a nuisance to regular users.

"Oh! New update! I wonder what features it adds!"
"Oh.. just better stability.. nothing new.. woooh.."
"What is this? The PS3?"

Reactions: pbanj

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I want to backup before i try updating to 10.7, do I backup the sysnand or emunand? my understanding is I'm no longer using an emunand?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is rednand?
It's an alternate emuNAND format, both emuNAND9 and Cakes support it, and it didn't require any code changes, so I said "why not?"
Basically the problem is that you can't replace the SD card's first sector because it contains the MBR (you couldn't *also* have a FAT partition if you did that).
So gateway thought about placing all the sectors except the first where they should be (second SD sector = second NAND sector, etc.) and placing the first NAND sector at the end of the emuNAND (after all the other sectors). Instead, yellows8 and the other private CFW developers decided to just shift the whole NAND image on SD by one sector.

I asked the same question this morning, since Aurora updated her code to support rednand (still not officially released).

Reactions: pbanj

oFire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well 10.7 installed on my n3ds without a problem, so woot.

One last question, what would be the best method of xfering my current sd card to a new/bigger one? should I clone it so it keeps all the extra stuff I had to do? or is a simple copy paste all that is necessary?

Last edited by oFire,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well 10.7 installed on my n3ds without a problem, so woot.

One last question, what would be the best method of xfering my current sd card to a new/bigger one? should I clone it so it keeps all the extra stuff I had to do? or is a simple copy paste all that is necessary?
If you're using sysNAND, it's as easy as simply transferring your files/folders over.
If you're using emuNAND, you'd need to do an emuNAND backup, and then restore that to your new SD card, then transfer all your files/folders.

btw @tvall, just deleted the patched 9.0 file, rednand still didn't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/VKxOP02