Luigi's Purple Coins, SMG1 vs SMG2.

Which of the two versions do you find the hardest?

• SMG: Luigi's Purple Coins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SMG2: Luigi's Purple Coin Chaos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dWvBi.jpg

Okay fellow tempers, I want to know.
I think most of us will be familiar with Luigi's infamous purple coins by now, and it's reintroduction in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Both can be exceptionally difficult to conquer, but which do you find to be the most challenging of the two?

For your consideration:
SMG: Luigi's Purple Coins
- Collect 100 of the 150 purple coins
- 3 minute time limit
- Free camera control
- Poisonous swamp
- Disappearing green blocks
- Rotating yellow blocks
- A 1up on the stage edge

SMG2: Luigi's Purple Coin Chaos
- Collect ALL 100 coins
- 2 minute time limit
- Fixed camera
- Poisonous swamp
- Disappearing green blocks
- Stationary and safe yellow blocks
- But COSMIC CLONES EVERYWHERE
- And no 1up at the stage edge

So lets hear it! Which one really drove you mad? (If at all.)

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1 was harder by far, because of the damn rotating yellow platforms, and the fact that many of the coins were off stage so you had to jump off and time the spin perfectly to get back on. 2 could only be considered hard because of the clones, but they really can't do much to you in this map since it's so large in area. Cosmic clones were only annoying in the Flip galaxy.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeMoN said:
1 was harder by far, because of the damn rotating yellow platforms, and the fact that many of the coins were off stage so you had to jump off and time the spin perfectly to get back on. 2 could only be considered hard because of the clones, but they really can't do much to you in this map since it's so large in area. Cosmic clones were only annoying in the Flip galaxy.
I have to admit the cosmic clones are really not much of a bother so long as you remain calm and calculating, but you really do have to concentrate.
I would personally say that 2 was harder because you are required to collect all 100 coins, there is no room for error, no opportunity to safely backtrack.
Yes many of the coins on 1 were actually off the map, but you could always ignore those with a total of 150 coins on the stage.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first was much harder. It took me a while to beat that star. The second version however....I just cussed when I first saw its return but said "that wasnt too bad" once i beat it on my second try.

darkranboria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat both of them real quick, the only level that annoyed me a lot out of both games was... that stupid purple coin level in SMG1. Took me like 20 minutes cuz I was missing 1 coin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1