Gaming Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I gave this a closer look (previously just booted it in Desmume). WOW! The graphics are amazing for a DS game! I'm not much for RPG's, but I might actually play this one. I like the atmosphere the excellent graphics give the game. Smooth controls help a lot too. Voice acting sounds fine to me......the main character's voice-overs seem the weakest to me.

Blaze, are you sure the game doesn't randomly go to a black screen during area transitions with CycloDS 1.59? It does occasionally with the B.4 FW.

First time it locked for me was after fighting that Gades dude the first time. Then going back into that girl's house (can't rem her name....I'm bad with names) with the herbs she requested. That's about as far as I played at this point. I'll wait for a FW update before continuing.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair I only played it for like, 15 minutes. Enough to smack the big silver robot thing at the top of the tower, get my ass handed to me by Ganondorf's overly dramatic little brother, and save my game. But I didn't experience any lock ups, black screens, glitches or problems of any kind. Although I did think the game was busted when it wouldn't let me skip the intro vid.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is a quick way to see if the SE anti-piracy is in this release.
1)When you make it to the first village, finish what you need to do in order to have the girl spawn your BIG dinner, then start to head back to the Professor's village, the game should crash if the AP is active.

2)On the bridge level, there is a midway save point, save your game there, then turn off your system, then turn it back on. Your save data should be erased if the Anti-Piracy is active.

I am currently testing to see if these anti-piracy methods are in this release or not. By the way, I am using the XXXX one, not the IND one.

Hardware using - AK2i
Software using - AKAIO 1.7.1

loren.chang@gmai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frown.gif
is anyone else trying to play on r4?

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if you would call this easy but it seems like they made the game too easy.
I mean come-on
"Retry+Level Boost. There is not penalty for using Level boost..."WTF!?! HAVE A PUNISHMENT!

This game DID lock up on me when I was moving to another area in the first town and I re-loaded my game. When I tried to move to the same area that caused the game to crash, the game did not crash. So either there IS AP that causes the game to crash after a specific amount of events are triggered, or after an amount of time in-game has passed, or my Acekard2i is screwing up.

I do know that my AK2i or cartridge slot gets warmer than normal while the system is charging and that it has been crashing often recently. I don't know if the Flashcard is going bad or if the MicroSD that I am using (2GB Kingston Tiwan) is starting to fail.
I just reformatted my SD Card before loading this game on to my MicroSD so if this happens again I'll know that it is AP.

As for my Problem;
I am using a Nintendo DSi running 1.4U
Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.7.1
The XXXX release of LCOTS not the IND one.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Beware...The game will randomly freeze on the Acekard 2i with the latest loaders. Game runs great but will randomly freeze. Usually a restart will get you past the point it freezes but it is very annoying, especially without a realtime save feature.

@#$%@?!?!!!!

Well at least my Acekard isn't #$*%ing up on me.

Whatever....goes back to playing Kingdom Hearts Re:Codedd and Pokemon Black.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I compared the XXXX and official releases with NDS Header Tool. They are the same file. Same CRC, so it doesn't matter which one you use. If you already DL'd the XXXX release, there is no need to DL the official one.

From what I understand, EVERYONE gets the random lockups from what I've seen around the net. Only SCDS2 users don't get the lockups, as far as I know.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
so we wait for crack?

goddamnit...first the last window,etrian odyssey 3 and now this?!

do you guys see a pattern here or am I wrong?

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dysan said:
so we wait for crack?

goddamnit...first the last window,etrian odyssey 3 and now this?!

do you guys see a pattern here or am I wrong?

It's called AP bro, DS games have them a lot.

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
EZ Flash V: A few freezes during black screen transitions, and then after completing the first part of the drawbridge, just after Maxim is tired of pedaling... which means I hadn't saved in a while!
hate2.gif

Super Scribblenauts, now this... meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWFLZVtt_H8