Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
luacraft1.3.8.gif

LuaCraft is a Micro LUA DS Homebrew which features minecraft-like game play. For more information please give the information below a read. Remember that this Homebrew requires Micro LUA DS to be installed, it will not function without it.

2D, Minecraft-style homebrew game for DS. Like Terraria, this early-in-development project interprets Mojang’s 3D sandbox game into a 16-bit-esque sidescrolling thing.

French coder Fantasix says LuaCraft — unrelated to the identically titled Minecraft custom server — has the basic functions of its progenitor: you can move, place, and break blocks, as well as create items out of blocks. LuaCraft also supports mods, so you can add content and features from other people (or make your own) to the game.

Keep in mind that Fantasix is putting out a lot of updates, which is awesome. If you can read French or don’t mind using Google Translate, you can follow LuaCraft’s development, read up on the controls/crafting, or learn about how to make mods in this discussion thread.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Project Post
icon11.gif
Source

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Two Minecraft homebrew games for DS? Interesting. I'll bide my time to see which turns out better.

Also, Fantasix, a small request: could you make it possible to turn tiles into wall tiles for in the background? If you've played Terraria you'll probably know what I mean.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How the hell do you jump?

Never mind, Google Translated the Project Post page:

QUOTE said:
Outside:
Left / Right: Movement
Left / Right + Up: Move Up on a block
Click on pen blank: Ask a block
Stylus pressure on the block: Break the block
Top-click Stylus / Double Click: interact with the block (eg craft table)
Up / Down: To move on the scale
Select: Inventory

In the inventory / craft table / Ovens / Chests:
Drag and Drop: Move an object on the stack
+ Drag and drop down: move the entire stack
Right / Left + drag and drop: move half of the battery

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bobnik said:
I'm sorry, but how to install it to your flashcart and what do you need for this homebrew?
[youtube]5rCp8_Gra3w[/youtube]

QUOTE(clonesniper666 @ Jul 29 2011, 08:42 AM) I have never used the micro lua for ds so I was wondering if someone could help me. I installed the lua folder and nds file like the readme stated but where would I put the Luacraft files at. Sorry for asking such a simple question.
You could put the LuaCraft folder anywhere on your SD Card. You just have to access it using MicroLua, and load up "INDEX.LUA".

Bobnik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RoboticBuddy said:
Bobnik said:
I'm sorry, but how to install it to your flashcart and what do you need for this homebrew?
[youtube]5rCp8_Gra3w[/youtube]

QUOTE(clonesniper666 @ Jul 29 2011, 08:42 AM) I have never used the micro lua for ds so I was wondering if someone could help me. I installed the lua folder and nds file like the readme stated but where would I put the Luacraft files at. Sorry for asking such a simple question.
You could put the LuaCraft folder anywhere on your SD Card. You just have to access it using MicroLua, and load up "INDEX.LUA".
Thank you for help.

Fantasix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can put the Lumikha's folder in the lua/script folder, it will be easier for you to find it.

@Dann : Well, a background map would be possible to do, but the NDS would have difficulties to endure this, I think.

@Robotic : Uh, a video about Lumikha x_x'

Right now, I'm working on the pixel movement and a far better jump. I know that as it is now, the jump isn't really a jump :s

Fanta'

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fantasix said:
@Dann : Well, a background map would be possible to do, but the NDS would have difficulties to endure this, I think.

How hard would it be? Just add an option to convert solid blocks into non-solid background blocks.

Fantasix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, you wont be able to put a torch in a wall, for example.

I was thinking of a second map, acting in background, and with the main map in front of it.

Fanta'

woross

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey. I wanted to check this game out, but I'm stuck at the "loading" screen when creating/loading a world. Anyone having this trouble too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!