Hacking Lu34 wii, can it play burnt disc games?

Samosa_007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I haven't hacked a wii for a long time and have been out of practice. But my friends has asked me to hack his wii, and I was wondering if lu34 wii can play burnt disc games. I know old wiis can, but I dont know how old this wii is. He has updated his firmware to 4.3 version.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LU34 doesn't tell much. Most LU34 can run backup disc.

However, it is recommended you get a USB hard drive and play backup on it instead of burnt disc. To play burnt disc you either have to downgrade to 4.1 for DARKCORP (dangerous and not recommended) or use Neogamma (somewhat outdated).

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't have a USB harddrive, and he wants to play discs
USB is faster than disc, and preserve Wii's laser lifespan. Save up money and grab a USB hard drive/flash drive.

If you friend must, grab Taiyo Yuden/JVC DVD-R and use Neogamma. Don't cheapen out on DVD, a cheap DVD can kill Wii's optical drive.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got a LU37 Wii and he can read backup discs, but i don't recommend, he can reduce in 30-60% your wii disc drive lifetime,
save money and buy a External HDD, its SO much better, knowing you can just download and put in hdd, no needing to wait 30 mins to burn a disc with a 300-500mb game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1