Homebrew LOZ: Twilight Princess n3ds port

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
It's pretty simple how it's been done, he's coded some stuff on the bottom in lpp-3ds (you can tell by the font in the video) to make it appear as it's running stuff and then added in an edited video of twilight princess by adding random slowdowns. I'm not gonna lie though, this is some pretty good fakery!

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but his input copying is pretty sloppy, you can tell when he walks up to the guy (when he shows 2 femtoseconds of gameplay)
Yeah but he could tell you he is getting input lag because its a early emulator the weird stuff its the lack of audio and graphics glitches i mean even dolphin has graphical glitches and you are telling me that a guy that nobody knows its getting almost perfect emulation of gamecube in a new 3ds

Reactions: thatbooisaspy

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you even teach critical thinking skills? I am pretty sure critical thinking is innate is it not? If you can really teach that you would solve most of America's problems lol.
That's my goal :P And it's 100% teachable. I'm still pushing to make it a standalone course, though. One of my life goals, if you will.

Currently the US education system attempts to weave it in through other topics. The thinking is that by giving a medium to apply critical thinking, students will learn the critical thinking skills they need. Learn by doing, yeah? This seems to happen mostly in science, but it usually requires a lot of effort on part of the teacher, and is only really learned indirectly. The need to teach and test for mainly information (standardized test, more or less), and not necessarily critical application, makes it more difficult to effectively teach it as well.

Critical thinking skills boil down to learning how to focus one's attention on the details, being able to trace back a line of reasoning to its base assertions and assumptions, breaking down those assertions and assumptions to their elemental pieces, applying logic and knowledge that are internally and externally consistent, and coming up with new solutions or logical conclusions. More or less. Compassion, kindness, and consideration thrown in when it comes to human issues.

You can teach critical thinking directly, though it's more about theory and less about application. Before you can use a thing effectively, you have to understand the thing. Which, when it comes to critical thinking, means understanding how we think and the gaps in our abilities to think accurately, and how all those are influenced by various social and biological elements. Examples of critical thinking education that would teach more direct application would be ethics, how the legal system works, logic, the scientific method, reading comprehension, journalism ethics, etc.

I'm rambling.

Back on topic

And being a emulator in beta its weird how he has no sound glitches and graphical glitches i mean just some slowdowns

Agreed. Sound is usually such an annoying problem with emulation.

Last edited by osaka35,

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's my goal :P And it's 100% teachable. I'm still pushing to make it a standalone course, though. One of my life goals, if you will.

Currently the US education system attempts to weave it in through other topics. The thinking is that by giving a medium to apply critical thinking, students will learn the critical thinking skills they need. Learn by doing, yeah? This seems to happen mostly in science, but it usually requires a lot of effort on part of the teacher, and is only really learned indirectly. The need to teach and test for mainly information (standardized test, more or less), and not necessarily critical application, makes it more difficult to effectively teach it as well.

Critical thinking skills boil down to learning how to focus one's attention on the details, being able to trace back a line of reasoning to its base assertions and assumptions, breaking down those assertions and assumptions to their elemental pieces, applying logic and knowledge that are internally and externally consistent, and coming up with new solutions or logical conclusions. More or less. Compassion, kindness, and consideration thrown in when it comes to human issues.

You can teach critical thinking directly, though it's more about theory and less about application. Before you can use a thing effectively, you have to understand the thing. Which, when it comes to critical thinking, means understanding how we think and the gaps in our abilities to think accurately, and how all those are influenced by various social and biological elements. Examples of critical thinking education that would teach more direct application would be ethics, legal system, logic, scientific method, reading comprehension, journalism ethics, etc.
That's funny, all I recall problems labeled "Critical Thinking" being were slightly longer/tedious word problems.

On Topic: If it's fake, this'll fade out. If it's real, we'll see more detail about it later. Meh.

Reactions: osaka35

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Look at the video 15 seconds in. It's clearly displaying output from a TV...

Edit:

0d33e7adfd.png

Last edited by Maq47,

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's funny, all I recall problems labeled "Critical Thinking" being were slightly longer/tedious word problems.

On Topic: If it's fake, this'll fade out. If it's real, we'll see more detail about it later. Meh.

lol my point exactly.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if this wasn't an "emulate" so much as a "stream from my pc". Wishful thinking.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My observations: The button pressing and the actions on the screen are not in sync. Of course some lag is totally understandable but there is at least one instance where he presses the button AFTER the action on screen already occured.
While I have a hard time to believe someone would waste their time in creating such an elaborate ruse I can't help but question the authenticity of this video.
If this was indeed possible, we ought to have heard about this from some of the bigger names. That's what I believe.
I just don't get why someone would destroy his credibility like this. For what?...

Another observation: The slowdowns in the audio are rhytmic. If this was really lag from frame drops, it would jump all over the place but the music just becomes slower, by roughly 2.7 times, in a constant, rhytmic matter.

Last edited by Romsstar,

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My observations: The button pressing and the actions on the screen are not in sync. Of course some lag is totally understandable but there is at least one instance where he presses the button AFTER the action on screen already occured.
While I have a hard time to believe someone would waste their time in creating such an elaborate ruse I can't help but question the authenticity of this video.
If this was indeed possible, we ought to have heard about this from some of the bigger names. That's what I believe.
I just don't get why someone would destroy his credibility like this. For what?...
If nintendo wanted to emulate gamecube on the new 3ds maybe but i doubt they could reach those speeds like 15 fps no way i random guy is doing that its probably just a video he is a dumbass

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can teach critical thinking directly, though it's more about theory and less about application. Before you can use a thing effectively, you have to understand the thing. Which, when it comes to critical thinking, means understanding how we think and the gaps in our abilities to think accurately, and how all those are influenced by various social and biological elements. Examples of critical thinking education that would teach more direct application would be ethics, how the legal system works, logic, the scientific method, reading comprehension, journalism ethics, etc.

I'm rambling.

Back on topic

Agreed. Sound is usually such an annoying problem with emulation.

The reason the education system doesn't focus on critical thinking skills is because that would completely collapse the structure of American society. When people become critical thinkers they are no longer moldable sheep for the system and it becomes EXTREMELY difficult to manipulate said individuals. 90% of the population are parrots that just repeat what somebody else told them and believe whatever they are told without questioning it even for a second. I don't want to get into politics here,but there are thousands of issues that "sheep" blindly accept without using any common sense and reasoning.Look at how much the USA has changed over the past 40-50 years(For the worse IMO) due to indoctrination by people of special interest.In the USA we go as far as to REDEFINE the definition of certain words because of lack of critical thinking. Political correctness has completely pervaded contemporary American society. I know way too many people that have exceptionally high IQ's (130+ real IQ test not online ones) and they completely lack common sense.

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

Trophies
XP
Country

Another observation: The slowdowns in the audio are rhytmic. If this was really lag from frame drops, it would jump all over the place but the music just becomes slower, by roughly 2.7 times, in a constant, rhytmic matter.
If this really is a fake, he probably like how guys like us talking about this topic. Not sure.
I don't think he want to let us believe that this is a fake anyways.

But for sure, Cellenseres LOVES Hypetrains

Last edited by xXDungeon_CrawlerXx,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
lool this Cellenswhatever guy again.

Isn't he the one trying to convince people he's porting Undertale to the 3ds? (and even trying to persuade Tony to let him pirate port it)
This crap certainly puts that in doubt too. No wonder he's saying "I'm using the official SDK" It's a convenient excuse to hide the source code (because it doesn't exist).

Edit: impressive Github repo lol

Last edited by zoogie,

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lool this Cellenswhatever guy again.

Isn't he the one trying to convince people he's porting Undertale to the 3ds? (and even trying to persuade Tony to let him pirate port it)
This crap certainly puts that in doubt too. No wonder he's saying "I'm using the official SDK" It's a convenient excuse to hide the source code (because it doesn't exist).

Edit: impressive Github repo lol
I had my doubts on his stuff before, now I'm fairly certain this is just a fake to famewhore.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had my doubts on his stuff before, now I'm fairly certain this is just a fake to famewhore.
And still I can't help but wonder why you would do this. One shiny moment of fame, followed by rage, contempt, a completely ruined reputation?...
Only a person that had nothing to show in the first place would risk that. Which really puts all his other works in question...

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And still I can't help but wonder why you would do this. One shiny moment of fame, followed by rage, contempt, a completely ruined reputation?...
Only a person that had nothing to show in the first place would risk that. Which really puts all his other works in question...

Its strange when it does happen though, why throw it all away?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out