Gaming Lost planet or Crackdown or Guitar Hero II

mikeosoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, so i got some muthafuckan loot, and instead of going for that iced out grill i wanna put my money into something that will give me some replay value, some excitement when i'm stoned and/or drunk, and challenge me when i'm having a tough (sober) day. I haven't really invested in a 360 game since February (saints row), as i have been busy working on my wii library...

So heres the breakdown:

1.) Lost planet - kinda not a "new title" per say, i know that the minute i buy this little gold mine the price will drop to 39.99 the next day... plus i'm not really gifted at FPS's (or should i say ThirdPersonShootaz) But i loved the demo on live i used to play when i touched my 360

2.) Crackdown - i never really tried this game before, but i've seen some youtube vids and i am impressed. i love GTA III style free roam games, and i absolutely crave these sorts of games when i'm drunk n' blazin wit the homiez on the sofa

3.) Guitar Hero II - i never owned this game before, but i've played it enough times to get in the high 80's on "message in a bottle" on medium (lame i know, but what do u want from a shitty gamer). i just don't know if this game is worth owning this late into the release (i know its new for xbox360, but it's kinda a dated ps2 title) is it worth the 90 bux after hearing all the reports about fucked up wammy bars on the 360 verison???

so any help would be great!

and thanks ahead of tyme!

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I played crackdown for the first time two days ago and i must say its shit :'( I really dont like it. The graphics look like ps2 graphics... The gameplay isn't that bad but you could get a better game for the same price. I would choose lost planet out of the two ( i haven't played guitar hero).. I really think crackdown is overrated.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lost Planet and Crackdown are good games IMO. Lost Planet has more replay value with the online multiplayer option.
You say that you aren't that good at FPS games so the Halo 3 Multiplayer Beta that will be accessable via Crackdown in a week probably wont' be a selling point for you.

I like the look of Guitar Hero II and I have played the original PS2 game awhile ago, it is a tad expensive and really expensive if you buy all the extra songs on marketplace.

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Both Lost Planet and Crackdown are great choices. Personally, I would go for Crackdown - it's tha shiznit.

I would avoid GHII at the moment, as there are a significant number of 360 owners that are having problems with the patch that was supposed to fix the whammy bar problem. I downloaded the patch myself and now my 360 keeps freezing. Sometimes it will not even boot up.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its between crackdown and lost planet for me, since guitar hero is the same old stuff.

Crackdown has some crazy testosterone charged action, but its pretty repetitive and short. Lost planet has a great linear storyline that is pretty long and has some excellent bosses.

Lost planet hands down.

mikeosoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys for the responses!

well except for "pickachucrackpipe"

for him i'd like to congratulate him on improving his post count, it's always a great feeling to know that every time i come to gbatemp it always seems a little closer to becoming as shitty as maxconsole's forums.. reallly helpful comments, interesting profile names.....

anyways, for the rest thanks a mill, so so far i'm heading twords lost planet

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on what you want, if you want something deep then Lost Planet, something just plain fun Guitar Hero II (quite pricey as you would need the guitar) if you want something in between than Crackdown.

I'd personally go for Crackdown, its a brilliant free roaming super hero style game.

Sekkyumu

Trophies
Website
charaveldesign.com
XP
Country
France
I would recommand you Lost Planet.

Crackdown is a piece of shit. I don't even understand how people could rate it simply as "good". Maybe because there was the Halo 3 beta online whatever pass key xbox live thing inside the box.

i've never seen a game in which the gameplay sucks my socks and where you're bored within the first 5 minutes. A stupid and bored GTA clone. Never seen that.

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys for the responses!

well except for "pickachucrackpipe"

for him i'd like to congratulate him on improving his post count, it's always a great feeling to know that every time i come to gbatemp it always seems a little closer to becoming as shitty as maxconsole's forums.. reallly helpful comments, interesting profile names.....

anyways, for the rest thanks a mill, so so far i'm heading twords lost planet

hey not a problem - i'm glad i could help out
cool.gif

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
i like both crackdown and lost planet... crackdown is a fun game when your bored and want to jump from roof top to roof top, kick some goon in the face, shoot his buddies then throw a car into the reinforcements.... but i really liked the lost planet online multiplayer... didnt really play through the storie though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like both crackdown and lost planet... crackdown is a fun game when your bored and want to jump from roof top to roof top, kick some goon in the face, shoot his buddies then throw a car into the reinforcements.... but i really liked the lost planet online multiplayer... didnt really play through the storie though.
Crackdown is one of those games where you can just mess about in, to be honest I wasn't that into it at first but it does grow on you later levels are a bit meh though.

James Kudo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which do you like more?

Long and interesting = Lost Planet
Pick up and play (and goof off) = Crackdown
Pick up and play (and play for real) = Guitar Hero II

It's all your choice.
tongue.gif

Parsaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get Crackdown, its incredible.

SHIT! I'VE BEEN LIED TO ALL THIS TIME! My friend told me to get Rainbow Six Vegas over Crackdown.

Don't get me wrong, though, Rainbow Six Vegas is an amazing game. I don't know why I'm talking about RSV, though, it has nothing to do with the matter at hand. So I'll just submit this post now.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would go for Guitar Hero 2, i have all 3 games and i play guitar hero 2 the most
biggrin.gif

crackdown was fun for a week, but its just another sandbox game
lost planet was just not my type of game when you can die in the middle of a bossfight because the heat meter was empty
wacko.gif

thomaspajamas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Did you get the new update for it yet though?

Holy crap-- proximity mines, grenade launcher, new cars, and a ...... HARPOON GUN!?!? incredible

It just breathed so much more life into the game, especially with the new "Keys to the City" cheats so you can spawn stuff and get infinite ammo and whatnot.

Of course, it will probably get boring after a week of non-stop play, but oh well. There's always multiplayer

mikeosoft

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aight, so my friend brought over a rented copy of crackdown two days ago and i've been playing it, pretty fun.

i think i'll definitely hold out on guitar hero since my buddy has it for ps2 who i am going to live with in September.

i think i'm going to pickup both these games because, respectively there both good purchases to make.

i'm going to grab lost planet tomorrow, and once i finish that (in a month or so), i'll pick up crackdown.

Thanks for the help guys

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Did you get the new update for it yet though?

Holy crap-- proximity mines, grenade launcher, new cars, and a ...... HARPOON GUN!?!? incredible

It just breathed so much more life into the game, especially with the new "Keys to the City" cheats so you can spawn stuff and get infinite ammo and whatnot.

Of course, it will probably get boring after a week of non-stop play, but oh well. There's always multiplayer
Yeah, I got the new update and it toasted my save. Apparently their "quick fix" for this save-killing bug didn't actually work.

Anyways Crackdown is very much a "sandbox" kinda game. If you enjoy screwing around in a game for 30 minutes then you may appreciate this. I enjoyed the game until I realized that after a couple hours I was already finished the game and had achievements left to get. Normally I don't care about achievements but some involve blowing tons of cars up and stuff. So they can breath a LITTLE more life into the game.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For about a week all I played was crackdown, damn you agility orbs!

As someone mentioned above, crackdown grows on you and the ability to upgrade the players stats gives it an rpg feel which is pretty cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-