Hacking Lost my System Menu

Naydog101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I absent mindedly left the standby mode on on my 4.3u Wii. I have it Softmoded from a 4.2U using ModMii so I have everything installed and up to date. I have the Homebrew Channel and Priiloader and can get into Priiloader and launch everything from there. I think by leaving my standby mode on i fried out the System Menu? The Wii will start up, show the Warning screen and once you press A it goes black and stays there. STUPID STANDBY MODE!!!!! and stupid for needing to turn it on to use the Forcast channel and stuff. I think it's an easy fix getting into Hombrew Channel and launching a WAD that contains the 4.3 system menu, or is that wrong and there's a different way?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something doesn't seem right. Are you on 4.2 or 4.3? If you are on 4.2 and you installed the latest ios 70 from modmii, you will be bricked because that is stubbed. To actually be on 4.3, you need to install the new system menu and IOS 80.

You can install system menu 4.3 without 80, but you will be bricked because it won't load that specific IOS for the system menu

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you install any wads prior to the error?
Try holding + - at the health screen, then press B while holding. Perhaps you have a mail brick.

Naydog101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 4.2U and Softmoded my Wii originally from there and left it on 4.2 for months and upgraded the cIOS and IOS as new games required like Metroid Other M. But when Netflix came out I wanted to download the channel from the Shop channel cause I couldn't find it anywhere and it was Free from the Shop Channel but I needed to update my Wii to use the Shop Channel so I looked into it, found ModMii and used it to go from 4.2 to 4.3. It been working fine from then till now which has been about a month now. Last thing I did was update the cIOS for Black Ops, cIOS 249 rev20b and used Priiloader to unstall it. (Didn't have priiloader till I update to 4.3). It's been a week since that and it still worked until I turned on the Stanby Mode and forgot to turn it off, so it stayed in Standby for a day or two. Then it happened. The system Menu would no longer load. and that's where I'm at.

I will try that checking for a mail brick later.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you don't have anything in your priiloader set that may conflict with it starting up?

Naydog101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
Are you sure you don't have anything in your priiloader set that may conflict with it starting up?
Have no clue honestly, all I know is it installed and I never messed with the settings, I left it default.

QUOTE(mauifrog @ Nov 25 2010, 01:04 PM) Did you install any wads prior to the error?
Try holding + - at the health screen, then press B while holding. Perhaps you have a mail brick.

Ok I just tried what you told me to do and the system started up. Poped up saying, "You are working in maintainece mode, message board can't be used."

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Naydog101 said:
Zetta_x said:
Have no clue honestly, all I know is it installed and I never messed with the settings, I left it default.

QUOTE(mauifrog @ Nov 25 2010, 01:04 PM) Did you install any wads prior to the error?

Ok I just tried what you told me to do and the system started up. Poped up saying, "You are working in maintainece mode, message board can't be used."

Boot up your Wii and hold reset. See if you have Recovery Mode hack enabled. If so, disable it.

Naydog101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Naydog101 said:
Zetta_x said:

Boot up your Wii and hold reset. See if you have Recovery Mode hack enabled. If so, disable it.
All Hacks were and are disabled

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Naydog101 said:

If you are able to enter the wii's maintenance mode, you may have a "Mail Brick". You have two things to try-
Option 1
Download mailbox_brick_fix-det1re.zip
QUOTE1. Copy "apps" and "fstoolbox" to your SD card root and overwrite if asked.

2. Startup the Wii and boot HBC (you can use BootMii, Preloader or the Maintainance mode)
to do so.

3. From HBC, run FSToolbox r50 and follow the on-screen instructions until you see your
Wii's file struct (import, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, ticket, title, tmp).

4. Navigate to shared2/wc24/ and replace any file with the one from SD by pressing PLUS.

5. Navigate to shared2/wc24/mbox/ and do the same there.

6. End the app and restart the Wii. You will get a message that your Mail account is broken
and will be restored.

7. ????

8. PROFIT!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Doing the steps above will remove all your saved friends and all messages from your
Message Board.

Option 2
Go to the wii system settings and do a system format. You will lose all channels and saves.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You didn't break your SM because of Standby Mode. You fried your GPU. There's no way to fix it with software, so you'll have to send it to Nintendo or try and repair it yourself.

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
You didn't break your SM because of Standby Mode. You fried your GPU. There's no way to fix it with software, so you'll have to send it to Nintendo or try and repair it yourself.
His wii is working fine in maintenance mode.

Naydog101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
Naydog101 said:

If you are able to enter the wii's maintenance mode, you may have a "Mail Brick". You have two things to try-
Option 1
Download mailbox_brick_fix-det1re.zip
QUOTE1. Copy "apps" and "fstoolbox" to your SD card root and overwrite if asked.

2. Startup the Wii and boot HBC (you can use BootMii, Preloader or the Maintainance mode)
to do so.

3. From HBC, run FSToolbox r50 and follow the on-screen instructions until you see your
Wii's file struct (import, meta, shared1, shared2, sys, ticket, title, tmp).

4. Navigate to shared2/wc24/ and replace any file with the one from SD by pressing PLUS.

5. Navigate to shared2/wc24/mbox/ and do the same there.

6. End the app and restart the Wii. You will get a message that your Mail account is broken
and will be restored.

7. ????

8. PROFIT!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Doing the steps above will remove all your saved friends and all messages from your
Message Board.

Option 2
Go to the wii system settings and do a system format. You will lose all channels and saves.

Wow thanks your awesome!!!!! This worked perfectly but I have a question for you though its not a bad thing for me. Step 6 didn't occur?
(6. End the app and restart the Wii. You will get a message that your Mail account is broken
and will be restored. Doing the steps above will remove all your saved friends and all messages from your
Message Board.)
When I shut my Wii down and restarted it it started right up and all my messages are still there. Is that weird? Anyway thanks. Back up and running.

youngrex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frying your system menu from standby mode impossible 1 they wouldnt create a stand by mod that would damage the wii 2nd i play call of duty i know ppl who are always logged into wifi cuz they never turn there wii off

Apk07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
That's just silly. He obviously can see the health screen, as stated. If his GPU was fried, there would be no output whatsoever to his screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They're made with left over pancake/wafle batter, that's been sitting out all day.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    3 hours on a riding lawn mower, my butt is numb and my whole body is still vibrating. Gonna be a long summer. :cry: I just need to buy some goats.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If you can find enough for it