Lord of the Rings: Gollum delayed again for polish

Gollum_1920x1080.jpg

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum has been delayed again. Originally slated for release in 2021, then expected to launch September 1 of this year, developer Daedalic Entertainment and publisher NACON have decided to delay the release for "a few months" to help put polish on the game and to ensure they can meet "community expectations." An announcement will be made "in the near future" regarding a new release date.

The Lord of the Ring: Gollum will be released on PC, PlayStation4, PlayStation5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch.

:arrow: Source (GBAtemp Inbox)

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if the developers have to fix something almost at the end, it doesn't mean a good thing, because they are under pressure and the result will probably be cyber punk quality.
Hopefully they polish in the right place

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No date so an indefinite delay? Sounds like more than polish.
The game really looked crusty graphically speaking upon its trailer. Plus knowing the current situation as it stands now with the franchise it might be best to wait out release of this game since the new TV series is releasing soon, and chances are that in itself will cause the fandom to rip itself apart if not wholly reject it and anything else new in this era of the LOTR media. It's a safe bet to say the least.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
These delays are so annoying.

If they don't announce it, they don't need to delay it.... Just an idea for gaming companies to consider. :)
No one is really forcing them to announce anything, especially if the game is not even done yet.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Yeah well i have another
A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad.

- Shigeru "Shiggy" Miyamoto

Yeah well i have another suggestion.
How about you don't announce it in the first place,
that way you don't need to cancel it and work on it till its ACTUALLY finished. :)

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like Obduction went through the same process, but of course Cyan is an indie company, so you kinda expect delays. Is Daedalic Entertainment also indie? I know they did Deponia, but they really haven't done anything else super-big. This Gollum game seems to be the biggest thing yet that they're doing, so it's either going to be a masterpiece or a major disappointment. I think that's why they're taking so long on this game; they want to try and make it as good as it can be. That and also due to it being in the LotR universe, which I'm pretty sure they've never done before.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah well i have another

Yeah well i have another suggestion.
How about you don't announce it in the first place,
that way you don't need to cancel it and work on it till its ACTUALLY finished. :)
Alternatively a better option would be to not announce something too early before release.

Hyping a game up before release and it taking *years* before release will always fail to deliver on said hype most of the time. The hype always tends to outpace and outgrow the reality of the game's development and features itself. Shit happened to DNF, KH3, NMS, CP2077, countless other games and soon will be the case with Starfield and whatever Half-Life sequel we will probably not get for another 10-20+ years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock