Gaming Loom

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I made it a personal mission to play all the Lucasfilm/arts adventure games back in the day (can't remember if I finished Zack McCracken :unsure:), and there are some well-deserved mainstream classics in that library, but this one really did have its own unique charms. Give it a go if you like things that are good, all versions can be played with ScummVM but the FM Towns release is supposed to be the best.

https://www.eurogamer.net/lucasarts-loom-is-a-family-friendly-classic-with-lessons-for-todays-games

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
i only have good memories of loom. but that was at a time when the best platformer on the pc was still called commander keen and 2d scrolling was like stop motion. have fun with loom! it is a short game. and then zak mk, or maniac mansion. with every post of yours, i realize more and more that we have very similar tastes in video games :)

Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anything good about the FM Towns release compared to other ports?
https://adventuregamers.com/archive/forums/adventure/12399-loom-fm-towns.html
"Loom FM-Towns is basically a VGA version of the 16-color version of Loom.

That means all the original dialogue is intact and all the close-up shots of characters are included. Also, the old MIDI music is replaced by synthesized CD music tracks (like in Monkey Island 1 CD).

In Loom PC CD, voice acting was added, but dialogue was changed and shortened considerably compared to the original EGA version. Plus, most of the nice close-up shots were removed, as was much of the Tchaikovsky music."

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Maybe its made by Diddy Co.