Gaming Looking for good game for the wife

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After Cooking Mama, when she's done with your DS, you can tell her to return your DS then go back into the kitchen where she belongs
laugh.gif

Him, and everyone else who's being sexist about women, shut up before one of the Tetris Girls teaches you a thing or 2 about video games

on topic: id say NSMB (mini games too
smile.gif
) Big Brain Academy, or Phoenix Wright

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... I never thought I would come across something like this at GBATemp, lol. Especially what Wangue said: "Tell her go down to the shops and swap the DS for a nice skirt." Also, outphase. It might be just a joke, and I hope it is, but even then, whats so funny about it?

The fact that some of us actually play video games well doesn't seem to sink in a few brains of the male population. I've been playing games for nearly 10 years, and I can only think of one person that I've played with that is a better overall player than me, and that person is 5 years older.

I hope to play against all of you when the Wii comes.

Anyway for DS games, the kind of game you choose doesn't really have to do with the gender, but with the intelligence and sometimes experience of the player. If it weren't the first time she plays games I would recommend something like Advance Wars, maybe Lost in Blue, but I think something like Another Code would be a safe bet, and even though it's pretty short it's very well thought through.
Please, don't ashame yourself buying something cutesy and multicoloured, lol.

RDF

FSSimon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My wife got motion sickness when she tried ACWW... she's a non-gamer.

Try "Unou no Tatsujin Soukai Machigai Museum".

Simple game of finding the difference in two pictures and circling it with your stylus. It has Download play!

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mom isn't much of a gamer. She's completed Super Mario Bros. 3, The Sims Bustin' Out (GBA) and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and she collected everything in Animal Crossing, but other than that all she plays are Bejeweled, Jewel Quest, Hexic, and anything along those lines.

I've found that the "my mom" test works well for non-gamers. If my mom says a game is good, but kind of hard, it's no good for a non-gamer. If my mom says a game is good, and easy, it is usually great for non gamers.

Basically what I'm saying, is that since the DS plays GBA games, you should have her try the GBA version of The Sims Bustin' Out. The engine is kind of crappy, but it's easy to control and has a funny story. The ending to that game may very well be the best ending in video game history.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I have seemed to offended some, I am sorry.

My gf really enjoys Animal Crossing, NSMB and Mr. Driller. Generally, games that do not need investment of time compared to other games.

"I don't play poker with women. I don't want to beat them... and I don't want to be beat by them." -Scotty Nguyen

and for the record: I spend a lot more time in the kitchen than she does.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.