FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, FIX94. I'll test it shortly.
Also, I don't know if this is within your ability to fix (no pun intended), but the icon does not fill up the rounded screen shape completely and leaves vertical white gaps on the sides.
Have you noticed that?
Yeah, I see what you mean, will may take a look at it later on.

themanuel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, FIX94, your modification works. It crashed for me once, on the first time I tested it, but did not happen again after much going back and forth, trying to reproduce it.
On the other hand, I think will keep using the old one because the image in the new banner looks degraded, I'm assuming due to the down-sampling. This is on a rear projection TV, so I imagine it would even be more noticeable in an LCD or plasma TV.
What bugs me even more than the crashes is the white vertical border on the icon, so if you do find a solution, I'll be all over it.

Thanks again.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, FIX94. I'll test it shortly.
Also, I don't know if this is within your ability to fix (no pun intended), but the icon does not fill up the rounded screen shape completely and leaves vertical white gaps on the sides.
Have you noticed that?
Yeah, I see what you mean, will may take a look at it later on.
Hey, FIX94, your modification works. It crashed for me once, on the first time I tested it, but did not happen again after much going back and forth, trying to reproduce it.
On the other hand, I think will keep using the old one because the image in the new banner looks degraded, I'm assuming due to the down-sampling. This is on a rear projection TV, so I imagine it would even be more noticeable in an LCD or plasma TV.
What bugs me even more than the crashes is the white vertical border on the icon, so if you do find a solution, I'll be all over it.

Thanks again.
I like the channel any possibility that removal of the white vertical bars be given a shot, and possibly increasing the colors to give the banner a better look? Either way great job themanuel and FIX94, wish I would have found this sooner :D

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We can't get the pic quality up because the wii can't handle such big banners, so there is nothing really changeable.

themanuel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like this one?
[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9Tl9jvqoUS8[/media]

EDIT: nvm.... I just realized that it's the same posted by fix94
That's where I ripped the banner from, but I use a different icon.

http://www.mediafire...q3w3b6g01j81mc/ , same forwarder picture has been fixed looks better , thanks to Mastershoes..
What?! Mastershoes improved this banner and did not share it with us?
He and I are going to have a good old fashion smackdown!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.mediafire...q3w3b6g01j81mc/ , same forwarder picture has been fixed looks better , thanks to Mastershoes..
Well, I installed it last night and did not notice any differences.
What is the improvement?

Sorry, my friend.
I did not mean to sound like an ungrateful prick.
that's cuz u do sound like one... A prick I mean :-p lol

Completely kidding by the way ;-)
So Mastershoes enhanced it a little? I haven't installed it yet but u see no difference [member='themanuel']?

themanuel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's cuz u do sound like one... A prick I mean :-p lol
Well, yeah, but I did not want to sound like an ungrateful one :lol:
Now, "prick" and "enhanced" in the same post? You must be getting a lot of junk mail.

So Mastershoes enhanced it a little? I haven't installed it yet but u see no difference [member='themanuel']?
I think the difference is supposed to be that it does not crash as often as the original I posted and the graphics look better than fix94's fix (no pun intended). I did not see much difference from the original one, but I don't recall whether it crashes or not. If it doesn't, then it has the best of both worlds.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Great then cuz I still use the original one that crashes when u hit +/- on the banner plus it looked good w/o vertical white bars. I'll check it out and install it when I get home. Thanks [member='mastershoes'] for the fix and themanuel for the input.

Haha u got me thinking about an "Enhanced Prick" version lol.

themanuel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great then cuz I still use the original one that crashes when u but +/- on the banner. Us it looked good w/o vertical white bars. I'll check it out and install it when I get home. Thanks [member='mastershoes'] for the fix and themanuel for the input.
Ah, yes. The vertical cuts on the sides of the icon. That is the part that bothers me and none of the mods fixed. We're stuck with that one, I'm afraid. To be honest, I'm not even using the forwarder anymore. With the arrival of DML, I no longer have a use for NeoGamma, since I can launch GCN games from the other loaders, which are much easier on the eyes.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Great then cuz I still use the original one that crashes when u but +/- on the banner. Us it looked good w/o vertical white bars. I'll check it out and install it when I get home. Thanks [member='mastershoes'] for the fix and themanuel for the input.
Ah, yes. The vertical cuts on the sides of the icon. That is the part that bothers me and none of the mods fixed. We're stuck with that one, I'm afraid. To be honest, I'm not even using the forwarder anymore. With the arrival of DML, I no longer have a use for NeoGamma, since I can launch GCN games from the other loaders, which are much easier on the eyes.
I completely agree I actually haven't used NeoGamma myself in quite some time, but I'm a channel Junkie and I love the wow factor people get when they'll see a channel for just about every system that the Wii can emulate, and i like to show off the GameCube banner lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: