ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so yeah, i've got a Lenovo T42p

i want to know some emulators that would run well on my laptop

basically, just the best emulators out there and up to what point can my computer emulate? (will project 64 work?)

oh yeah, my laptop is running ubuntu 10.10, I do have windows xp but don't use it unless I have to, so if there is something special I have to do to get them to work on linux please, you know, help me out
wink.gif

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Mupen64 plus is available for ubuntu in the software downloads thing but I do prefer project 64, I installed my emulators a while back but I remember FCEUX the nes emulator gave me some trouble trying to find the right packages but others like zSnes and Visua Boy advance were easy to get. 1st and 2nd gen consoles should run fine on your pc but I'm not sure about the N64 it might run all right but I remember it having problems playing goldeneye due to graphics bugs regardless of CPU power.I have a similar spec laptop that runs them fine but it did have 4 gig of ram which might give me an edge over yours. you could try using XP for emulators which I find has more support, I wouldn't recommend using WINE to run windows emulators because it seemed very slow even when playing nes games although that might be down to bad configurations as I rarely use it

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I highly doubt PCSX2 will run with even a playable framerate with those specs.

Agreed with Rydian that PSX is the most you're going to get. (ePSXe)
I have fun with the above mentioned, SNES9x, and VBA.

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are both about the same; ZSNES would be you're best bet since some of my games are read as bad dumps on SNES9x and refuse to play while ZSNES plays them just fine.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may prefer one interface over another since they both look drastically different.

Top:Snes9x
Bottom: ZSNES
snes9xvszsnes.png

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Okay, can someone help me with my laptop that's ACTUALLY CRAPPY?!?

I want to run an N64 emu that supports SSB full speed.
I have integrated graphics, a Pentium II or III (can't remember, it's like 757MHz) and 392 MB of RAM (256 available)
Oh, and I'm running Windows 2000 Professional SP4.

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you are already somewhat familiar with Linux, I cannot recomend this disk more
smile.gif

It is simply awesome when it comes to emulation.

http://openbytes.wordpress.com/2010/05/24/...8-livecd-105mb/

I use Puppy linux and a customer version of that installed on a Laptop with a 1.4Ghz celeron with 256MB's of RAM (shared with the graphics card so its actually 8MB's less)

amazingly I can get Symphony of the night running pretty good on the PSX emu (although it chugs if I turn on too many graphics goodies)

Edit: Sadly I was not able to find a decent solution to play Atari 7800 games
frown.gif

Food Fight for the win!!! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?