Looking for best verbatim dvd-r for my d2ckey

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Patelitojoe, Jan 30, 2009.

Jan 30, 2009
  1. Patelitojoe
    OP

Newcomer Patelitojoe Member

United States
    Which Verbatim DVD-R is read best by a Wii with a D2CKey?. I have 16x silvertops already but they lag a lot more than my old TY did. Can anyone off some advice? I'm using a Sony Burner DRU-840A.

2. lll

Member lll GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I don't think there's any difference with the burnable part of the discs between silvertop/injket printable/LightScribe - it's more dependant on the manufacturer and batch (Mitsubishi outsources their media production to other companies, but they all use Mitsubishi dyes.)

It shouldn't make enough of a difference to be noticeable anyway - maybe you need to investigate your burn quality rather than your disc quality?

3. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Burning is pretty much everything, since DVDs are mostly all the same. Some are just better quality when it comes to burning. If you have a few DVDs to waste, try out different settings and burn the same game a few time. Find out which is the fastest.

4. plexo

Member plexo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    verbs arnt really needed to be honest m8

some ritek discs will do fine [​IMG]

PiData seem to be quite good at the min using RitekF1 dye

5. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    I use HP discs and Playo discs and a few others that I'm too lazy to get off this chair to look at. I haven't had problems with any of my discs so far, only my DVD burner.

6. plexo

Member plexo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    just came into my head u said they lag, what speed are you burning at? try burning slower (ie 4x dont go under 4x its not needed) to see how it goes, silvertops i havent heard of are they just unbranded discs? probably very cheap dye in them and not very good discs...