Looking for a good way to load backups of my physical copies

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by gonzohat, May 8, 2017.

1. gonzohat
    OP

gonzohat Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2017
    United States
    I just recently got CFW on my O3DS and I have been researching the best method to backup the physical copies of the games I already own mostly so I don't have to carry and keep track of the game carts when I am out and about etc. I have read some about CIAngel and Freeshop. I notice the title keys enc file is currently not available through the usual website as the server is down. I realize this may have been asked before on the forum but the answer seems to change frequently. I appreciate any advice.

2. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    You could always dump your own games using this thread. It explains how to do it https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-to-cia-dump-private-headers-ds-carts.432600/

3. gonzohat
    OP

gonzohat Newbie

Newcomer
    May 7, 2017
    United States
    So I looked into it a little more and found decrypt9WIP which looked interesting. I am playing around with Python. I notice this script available dump_ticket_keys.py . And I was wondering what I need to do to run the script. I have python 2.7 downloaded and added to my path. I tried building the above script in my IDE (netbeans) and I end up getting a syntax error on line 257. I will also add some of this is a bit out of my depth, My coding knowledge is mostly in C++. I'm wondering if I would need this info anyways.

4. GriffinTheUltimate

GriffinTheUltimate Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    Alright, assuming you know the common tools and have installed a CFW, its something like this.
    Use Decrypt9WIP to dump your game as a CIA
    Use FBI or a similar program to install the game on your system.
    ???
    Profit.