ROM Hack Looking for a good way to load backups of my physical copies

gonzohat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got CFW on my O3DS and I have been researching the best method to backup the physical copies of the games I already own mostly so I don't have to carry and keep track of the game carts when I am out and about etc. I have read some about CIAngel and Freeshop. I notice the title keys enc file is currently not available through the usual website as the server is down. I realize this may have been asked before on the forum but the answer seems to change frequently. I appreciate any advice.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got CFW on my O3DS and I have been researching the best method to backup the physical copies of the games I already own mostly so I don't have to carry and keep track of the game carts when I am out and about etc. I have read some about CIAngel and Freeshop. I notice the title keys enc file is currently not available through the usual website as the server is down. I realize this may have been asked before on the forum but the answer seems to change frequently. I appreciate any advice.
You could always dump your own games using this thread. It explains how to do it https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-to-cia-dump-private-headers-ds-carts.432600/

gonzohat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I looked into it a little more and found decrypt9WIP which looked interesting. I am playing around with Python. I notice this script available dump_ticket_keys.py . And I was wondering what I need to do to run the script. I have python 2.7 downloaded and added to my path. I tried building the above script in my IDE (netbeans) and I end up getting a syntax error on line 257. I will also add some of this is a bit out of my depth, My coding knowledge is mostly in C++. I'm wondering if I would need this info anyways.

GriffinTheUltimate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, assuming you know the common tools and have installed a CFW, its something like this.
Use Decrypt9WIP to dump your game as a CIA
Use FBI or a similar program to install the game on your system.
???
Profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...