What is the best way to copy my EmuNAND to my SysNAND?

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

Just like the title says. What is the best way to copy my EmuNAND to my SysNAND?

Before replies of "copy the save files over and reinstall" come flying in let me just clarify...

I have an ONLINE EMUNAND. It is not banned and is 100% legit, I have been using it online for 3 years now. I don't need any ban warnings or anything.

Now I want to go 100% SysNAND! I need to copy the EmuNAND to the SysNAND in order to make it match what ninty expects and I don't get a ban. Can someone who knows please tell me the most reliable way? NandManagerNX to convert EmuNAND and then use Hekate to restore? EmuTool? Some other method? I will write a tutorial as well to help future users,

I TRULY appreciate your help with this matter and appreciate any and all suggestions.
Post automatically merged:

any advice?

Last edited by mikefor20,

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That should be the way to do it in theory.
So far I have only seen people move save files over from the emunand to the sysnand.
In your case you just need to copy over all the files.

"copy all files?" This is confusing. I dont care about the saves. I need all logs and telemetry to match Nintendos copy so I don't get a ban.

Use the restore function on hekate. That's what nyx is made for
How? I need to backup the EmuNAND and then restore it to SysNAND? Could you please elaborate?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Nop, you read the documentation on Hekate.

the EmuNAND (EmuMMC) is a bunch of files (or a raw partition) so:
If it's a partition you have to convert to files, backuping it or using EmuTool (search here on gbatemp).
if your is bunch of files (or a raw partition converted) then you copy the files to the restore folder on your SD card and use Hekate to restore it.

Also you can use https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nop, you read the documentation on Hekate.

the EmuNAND (EmuMMC) is a bunch of files (or a raw partition) so:
If it's a partition you have to convert to files, backuping it or using EmuTool (search here on gbatemp).
if your is bunch of files (or a raw partition converted) then you copy the files to the restore folder on your SD card and use Hekate to restore it.

Also you can use https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager
I have a hidden partition EmuNAND I have been using with Atmo. I am familiar the Emutool and NandManagerNX, Do you think this is the most reliable way to accomplish this? Is NandManagerNX or EmuTOOL more reliable? I don't want any mistakes. I very much care about getting banned. Just looking for reassurance to quell my OCD.

I truly appreciate your time and input.
Post automatically merged:

So.. I did it. For anyone searching in the future,
  1. I converted Hidden EmuNAND to Atmosphere files using emutool.
  2. I put the files in backup/xxxx/restore
  3. I used Hekate to restore. Forgot to preserve fuses... oh well

Thanks for the input!

Last edited by mikefor20,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1