Dakaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Looking for*

Any genre will do, for instance I bought Pokemon Black 2, it's fun and sometimes can be challenging due to its deep game mechanics. Need more DS games that actually make you think. Can also be frustrating games like N+ or any really hard platform games, or crazy top down shooters. Any game that makes you want to pull your hair off, just got my 3ds not long ago.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any genre will do, for instance I bought Pokemon Black 2, it's fun and sometimes can be challenging due to its deep game mechanics. Need more DS games that actually make you think.
If you like Pokemon and difficulty, try the Blaze Black and Volt White hacks. You need a flashcart or emulator to play them though. I don't know a lot of other challenging games, but Megaman Zero Collection is pretty fun and challenging. If you don't play Easy Scenario, that is. That mode pretty much equals god mode.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
Lost in Blue was very hard by moments, because you have so much to think about (OH GOD no more water! OH GOD I ate mushrooms! OH GOD my girlfriend is sick!)...
Retro Game Challenge is pretty challenging too.

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elite Beat Agents/Osu/Taiko no tatsujin on the hardest difficulty
Etrian Odyssey
Fire Emblem if you want to keep everyone alive
Castlevania
Ketsui: Death Label
Contra 4

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  • Etrian Odyssey (entire series)
    • Etrian Odyssey
    • Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard
    • Etrian Odyssey III: The Drowned City
    • This series is very challenging. You'll require about an hour of grinding per 20 minutes of actual progression, and it just gets more difficult as the game continues on. I've never finished any of the Etrian Odyssey games, actually...
  • Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
    • This game is challenging only because all deaths in the game are permanent and losing specific characters in a battle cause you to instantly lose, even if all of the other members of your party are just fine.
  • Bangai-O Spirits
    • You want challenging? This game is so challenging, I was never able to finish the tutorial (yes, the tutorial is that difficult). It's the 2D sidescrolling equivalent of Dark Souls and Demon's Souls on the hardest difficulty, I would say.
  • The Wizard of Oz: Beyond the Yellow Brick Road
    • Not as challenging as Bangai-O or Etrian Odyssey, but still challenging. Coins, which are required to buy most items, are scarce and (as far as I know) don't respawn after you collect them once. You'll have to grind a lot and the skills (which are required if you don't want to die) are so lightly explained that you'll probably forget you can get them by the time you actually can. Overall, it's fun, but there are some problems that make that game very challenging.
  • Retro Game Challenge
    • The games in this game are old school Nintendo hard. That's all that needs to be said.
  • Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
    • This is a puzzle game, but a very action-orientated one. It's your fault if you die, not the game's challenge.
    • Problem with the US version (it's missing a mode) so go for the European version.
There are many more, but I can't remember any more at the moment. Sorry!

PortablePlatypus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elite Beat Agents if you've got rhythm. It's brutally hard at times but you'll keep picking it back up.
Retro Game Challenge is all about classic hardcore challenge.. Great for retro game lovers.
Nanostray 2 is a tighly designed schmup that is comparable to Gradius in difficulty I'd say.
Contra 4. It's Contra, and it's brutal.
The World Ends With You is an excellent gem that I recommend to everyone and has a difficulty slider, allowing you to drop your power in exchange for better drops and more exp.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Geometry wars - okay top down shoot em up.
Megaman Battle network 5 (A gba game port) - Tricky liberation missions and annoying minigame :P
Nanostray 2 - What PortablePlatypus said
The professor Layton games - they are mentally challenging.
Final fantasy tactics A2 - is pretty hard but very long.
Kingdom hearts 358/2 - days is great, put the difficulty up at the start.
Kingdom hearts recoded - it has a difficulty system like The world ends with you, but even more customizable. (not as good as 358/2 gameplay wise)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.