Hacking Looking at a new flash card

Miraan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok. I have an R4. Been using Ysmenu the most recent (mostly because I like it over the standard R4 stuff). I have a friend who saw my R4, and wants to buy it, so I told him, if he buy's me a new one, I'd just give him my old one. He said sure.

So, I'm quite familiar with the R4 stuff (have the cheat.dat mod program etc), but I'm just browsing around. For the origional DS (well ds lite but meh) I'm looking at new flash cards.

I'm looking at r4's, a> because I know them and how they work... but everyone says the R4 is old and outdated.

Whats the 'best' card that has the best compatability etc for the DS? aka what is this forum's reccomendations for a new flash card? There's so many to choose that I thought I should ask first.

S

sumarth

starfighter1 said:
acekard is the way to go but m3's are also ok (and when i say ok i mean ok there is nothing special about them nothing to inovative.)

actually, acekard lacks basic functons like rts
M3 is the way to go but acekards's are also ok (and when i say ok i mean ok there is nothing special about them nothing to inovative.)

ericling

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Acekard

M3 have more feature but more expensive..
Acekard cheaper than M3 and has higher game compatibility if you use the AKAIO

I own a acekard
biggrin.gif

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't used any other flashcard beside AK2i, it does have the best compatiblity with the most titles currently. It also features wifi updating (see my sig.) If you want all the fancy features like RTS and some other silly things like slow-mo and real time guide then go with a slightly more expensive card. Anyways, regardless on where you live the AK2i is most likely the cheapest anyways.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i with AKAIO for highest compatibility since Norm shoots out fixes pretty fast though he doesn't release the new loaders for about 2 or so days. ($13-24)

If you want features you could get a Cyclo or a Ez flash Vi (Ez flash is still in betas/rcs but getting better) ($45-50 for the Cyclo and $16 to $24 for the Ez flash)

If you want something in between features as well get a M3i0. ($21-40) I think if you want just a normal M3DS you can get one for as low as $16 or so on DX. (just remembered rtg update)

My personal opinion would have to be the Acekard since I don't need all that other crap. Prices depends on where you buy them.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
If you like R4,then you will like Acekard 2 even more. It has a simple and intiutive interface, and is easy to update. Just replace one file and all new games magically start to work. The unofficial AKAIO kernel is among the best right now, and it has practically "out of the box" support for new games, no need to wait for patches and cracks.
QUOTE said:
can someone explain how the SD Cards work to allow home brew and such?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_homebrew

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I have an acekard 2i and cyclods, but because of AKAIO and the regular loader updates my cyclods sees no action

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.