Longtime Lurker

CyberPal69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I finally signed up for an account with gbatemp.net! I have been a lurker of this website since the "dark days" when you could actually download Game Boy Advance ROMs from them, lol.

Edit: I had to use Gravatar's website to get my Avatar to upload correctly, is that normal? I have not searched if anyone else has posted this yet, or if my experience is unique; it would be knowing my luck lol.

Last edited by CyberPal69,

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1716905522200.png

Reactions: CoolMe

CyberPal69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily. You can also upload an avatar via your profile page. Gravatar is only linked to your Google account or e-mail address.
I tried that many times. I also tried a larger (pixel-wise) version of a similar picture that I found on Google and no matter what I did, it only uploaded the top third or less of the picture. The rest of the photo was just grey; like it failed during the upload.

SylverReZ

Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried that many times. I also tried a larger (pixel-wise) version of a similar picture that I found on Google and no matter what I did, it only uploaded the top third or less of the picture. The rest of the photo was just grey; like it failed during the upload.
GBAtemp does tend to struggle when uploading a new avatar. Try clearing your cache, refresh the page and try again. Otherwise, you might have to wait idk.

Regardless, hope you have a wonderful time on GBAtemp! :hrth:

CyberPal69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp does tend to struggle when uploading a new avatar. Try clearing your cache, refresh the page and try again. Otherwise, you might have to wait idk.

Regardless, hope you have a wonderful time on GBAtemp! :hrth:
I'm OK with using Gravatar for now, but thank you for the suggestions. I will remember them if I change my mind.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: good night