phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't you just find it funny that lawyers (hired by big corporations) send threatening letters to people NOT in the United States that refer to laws that ONLY have jurisdiction in the United States.

God I love TPB
wub.gif

edit- Though I do admit that the selling of mod chips is causing serious financial (because what other serious injury is there?) injury to Nintendo.

When Im Gone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or does that email look really fake, not fake as in he made it but someone tried to fool him and try to act like Nintendo to get him to take his site down.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow if that is real, Nintendo needs to hire better people to write emails. That looks so amateur.

Send him a modchip looking plastic piece, and write "Here's the modchip you ordered. Enjoy! P.S. Please please please buy the games, don't surf modchip sites at work"

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is it just me or does that email look really fake, not fake as in he made it but someone tried to fool him and try to act like Nintendo to get him to take his site down.

Wow if that is real, Nintendo needs to hire better people to write emails. That looks so amateur.

Send him a modchip looking plastic piece, and write "Here's the modchip you ordered. Enjoy! P.S. Please please please buy the games, don't surf modchip sites at work"

That was my first thought too, some random anti-modding fanboy being a dick.

A real lawyers letter would at least contain some kind of pointer to where he's infinging which copyright and at least list some of the copyrights Nintendo holds. And it wouldn't close with that retarded PS. This screams fake all over it.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dude, this is a serious matter. If there is ANY loophole that will allow them to prosecute you, best believe Nintendo will take those steps. I agree with couple other members when they said you should consult professional advice to make sure you are in the clear. You should have done that before you sent that reply because its highly likely that that reply pissed them off lol.

Good Luck
goodluck.gif

helba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
eh? i'm updating my site with a store now, so w/e and shifting domains to a .ca instead of a .com. I also tried contacting the person, seems real lawl. But the e-mail seems fake. Might be my rival here.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not going to make me popular here I know, but serves you right. Now while you are based in Canada your web domain operations are not, and also if you're shipping to the States they can nail you too as you're importing illegal contraband into the USA. May want to do a bit more research before they legally rape you, so seriously contact a lawyer who is in the know of US laws, in particular in relation to importing goods into the country that said country calls illegal. As you already said you're switching it to a .ca so that'll cover you on that end, but I'd really research the importation laws. Sony beat down LikSang over importing legal devices, Nintendo has slammed various asian outfits for doing the same with illegal ones, so don't feel too immune. They're notorious for going to the host country and pressing charges on trafficking goods.

Raging Demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo *will* destroy you if they can find a way. I suggest cleaning up your mod chop or any 'backups' , even for testing reasons.

helba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Consulting advice already, I'm in clear atm. Lol, since I kept no records of any transaction, I can declare as never shipped to the states, unless they had someone in the states, but I stopped accepting states shipment 6 weeks before they sent me the mail. My lawyer is checking for me atm, costing me around a grand to just do checks.

edit. I love my chick lawer lol, they've been up and running since their shutdown of their website, ie 2 months ago
http://doublerrmods.com/index.html
point proven lol, i'm safe. and he does xbox and stuff too, not just wii. I'm just the wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol