Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Mr. Nguyen,

Thank you for your email.

We represent Nintendo of America Inc., the owner of numerous patents, trademarks and copyrights associated with its Wii video game console and related video games. Your website infringes numerous Wii-related copyrights ("Wii Copyrights") by marketing and selling "mod chips." These activities violate numerous laws, including but not limited to the anti-circumvention provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC § 1201, and the Copyright Act, 17 USC § 501, and cause serious injury to Nintendo.
We therefore request that you immediately (1) stop marketing and selling the mod chips from the website phuongmods.com; (2) provide us with information sufficient to identify the supplier and/or source of the mod chips; and (3) preserve all documents and other information related to the mod chips for the next ninety (90) days.

Please confirm within five (5) days that you intend to take this action. Also, please provide me with your contact information so that I might contact you with any additional questions.

Feel free to contact me at the numbers below. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Will

William C. Rava
Perkins Coie LLP
1201 Third Ave., Ste. 4800
Seattle, WA 98101
(206) 359-6338 direct
(206) 359-7338 fax
[email protected]
www.perkinscoie.com

; and (4) provide directly to me any and all information relating to the identity of any parties other than Domains by Proxy that have access to or control over the domain names modchipcentral.com and phuongmods.com, the websites associated with these domain names and/or the content posted on such websites.

Too bad i'm in Canada, and drive chips are legal here, wii modchips do not modify bios in any way, therefore i'm here to stay, here is my reply to them lol.

Hi thank you for your reply, sadly I'm located in Canada, Only international copyright laws apply to me, not American laws. The modchip I use for the Wii Does not infringe any copyright laws, it does not do any bios modifications, therefore is legal here, it is a passive chip and can be stated as a repair chip. My domain is with a American company, but my business is not, therefore I cannot accept your threatening conditions, even if you represent the noteworthy Nintendo. The only thing I will do is remove and give reference to Nintendo related products. And remove things that I deem and Canada deems as infringing.[/QUOTE

Guess Big N heard about me
biggrin.gif
. What do you guys think? follow like a lemming or stand my ground? I personally will stand my ground.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...