GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N.M. ZERO B.C. said:
TOP 10 SIGNS YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN...

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by
other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people
evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical
claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah,
but you don`t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered
all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic
groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods
sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit
impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back
to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically
established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing
dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that
Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those
who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity
in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant"
and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to
convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues"
may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers.
You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the
remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the
Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
I love you so much.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Narayan said:
PS i don't believe god made humans unless there's proof.
I still think the complexities of life in general as well as the design of the universe should be proof enough, but hey, for some it isn't.
unsure.gif

There is proof staring people in the face, and they don't see it. Like one great big perception filter is in the way.

That complexity simply proves that it's complex. It doesn't prove anything beyond that. Applying the same logic to other things would lead to disastrous results in situations where said logician is in charge of things. It's the kind of logic that erodes our courts.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's some amount of logic and scientific reasoning for people believing in some sort of "architect". More i think than believing that the universe just spontaneously created itself from absolutely nothing (things always have an origin, someone or something that created things, a clock cannot build and wind itself without its maker). But beyond that, there's not much logic behind most teachings in Christianity (or other religions for that matter). I was raised with church teachings, i just can't figure out how people can believe such random stuff based on blind faith. This goes especially for now, when much of what was said in the bible has been factually refuted by real tangible science. It's gotten to a desperation point sadly.

I do like the bible. I find it a fabulous and very entertaining form of literature. But having grown up and being taught the real facts in life, it has become clear that it should belong in the fiction section. I like it in the same way that i like Lord of the Rings (boy will i get a lot of hate for that comment). Occasionally some words of wisdom are spread out in it as well though (though there's a lot of things i find offensive in it as well).

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
granville said:
There's some amount of logic and scientific reasoning for people believing in some sort of "architect". More i think than believing that the universe just spontaneously created itself from absolutely nothing (things always have an origin, someone or something that created things, a clock cannot build and wind itself without its maker). But beyond that, there's not much logic behind most teachings in Christianity (or other religions for that matter). I was raised with church teachings, i just can't figure out how people can believe such random stuff based on blind faith. This goes especially for now, when much of what was said in the bible has been factually refuted by real tangible science. It's gotten to a desperation point sadly.

I do like the bible. I find it a fabulous and very entertaining form of literature. But having grown up and being taught the real facts in life, it has become clear that it should belong in the fiction section. I like it in the same way that i like Lord of the Rings (boy will i get a lot of hate for that comment). Occasionally some words of wisdom are spread out in it as well though (though there's a lot of things i find offensive in it as well).
A lot of church teachings are illogical. I know people that used to go to church and had in the past asked the priest or vicar or whoever was in charge an honest question, to be answered with a condescending pat followed with "if you have faith..." or "when you're older, you'll understand..." or "it's not for us to know", when in reality the priest either doesn't actually know the answer or doesn't want to answer in case you realise most of the time he's talking rubbish.

It doesn't surprise me that some people turn agnostic or atheist purely because of the stupidity of most churches, and the people that run them, not because of the Bible itself. In response to your comment about learning facts of life, it does actually include facts that were way ahead of its time.

Hebon

Dabbling in the videogamagical
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HateBreed said:
God made man to worship him but gave him the option to do so. But to not worship means eternal damnation thus rendering free will useless.

It's a little more than just "worship God or go to Hell." The concept of Sin and Death are important aspects in that.

In the Bible, from my interpretation mind you, before Sin and evil entered the world, everything was perfect. God literally walked within His creation and talked to Adam and Eve. Adam and Eve loved God so much, and were in so much awe, that they worshiped Him freely.

Then Lucifer (Satan's real name) entered the garden and brought sin with him and passed it to humanity through Eve when she ate the apple, then to Adam when he did as well.

So now we have this Sin (which by they way, is a term that meant disobedience to God and separation from Him, which is what Adam and Eve did when they ate the apple) in the world. According to God, all who sin must die. Well, He loves us, since he created us, and gave us a bunch of rules (in the Old testament) that we needed to follow in order to keep from "dying." But since we are human and imperfect, we can never truly fulfill them all, thus they needed to follow them constantly

But God had a grand plan to fulfill these rules once and for all. That's where Jesus came in. He was perfect, and thus, the perfect sacrifice. He took all the sin in the world away, and all you need to do is genuinely believe that He is real, and that he loves you to accept this free gift.

That's it in a nutshell.

Also, some people might ask why God had a tree that He didn't want them to eat from in the Garden. Why even put one in? The answer comes down to Free Will. How can you choose if there is no choice. So basically, the tree was there in order for them to have true Free Will and choose not to eat from it, and choose to obey Him.

Hebon

Dabbling in the videogamagical
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N.M. ZERO B.C. said:
TOP 10 SIGNS YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN...

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by
other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people
evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical
claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah,
but you don`t even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered
all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic
groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods
sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit
impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back
to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically
established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing
dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that
Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those
who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity
in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant"
and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to
convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues"
may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers.
You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the
remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the
Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

This is a hurtful misrepresentation of what I believe. I'd need to go into detail in order to explain every single point, but most of these are major misunderstandings.

If you ask me to explain, I'll gladly try.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Warrior522 said:
ProtoKun7 said:
Zetta_x said:
30084pm said:
I don't understand you guys. Why do you need proof? One of the whole points of God is for him to have amazing powers that is beyond human comprehension.

If HIS(???) powers are beyond human comprehension, then who is to say a religion based on serving him (why is it always a he?!) is accurate?
He's also a person; you're supposed to create a relationship with him as a person, rather than what he can do.

Aaand THAT is why I became an Agnostic.
...I...don't know what you're getting at.

How do you form a relationship with an invisible, inaudible, intangible, scentless, soundless being?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warrior522 said:
How do you form a relationship with an invisible, inaudible, intangible, scentless, soundless being?
Quoted for truth, this is where i drew the line. Trust me, being irrational at the time, i tried to talk to a nonexistent entity for over 16 years until i realized that there wasn't really anything there. I actually feel ashamed i even tried to do it for so long, i always knew deep down that there wasn't anything there but kept trying to believe for years. Until i eventually accepted that it was meaningless and such beliefs were wasting precious amounts of my life and narrowing my ability to accept true facts. It basically strikes me as a kid and their imaginary friend (i had one as a kid myself, apart from god). Perhaps one brought on by boredom, loneliness, or an attempt at comfort to help them grasp things they don't understand or fear (like death and what lies beyond it). The problem is that in this case, the imaginary friend is unfortunately often used to justify violent actions and in many cases attempt to exert domination over other people.

Heard a quote once that really summed it up-
"When one person has an imaginary friend, it's insanity. But when a large group of people have an imaginary friend, it's called religion."

While i wouldn't say it's the mentality of all Christians by any stretch, what N.M. ZERO B.C. is a sad reality among many of the ones i've personally met and the environment i grew up in. I grew up in a church filled with people who thought they were good and loving people, but many of whom were actually very cruel and intolerable to anyone who didn't share their views 100%. And as i grew older, having been finally taken out of such an environment by my mother and taught actual facts, it opened my eyes. I wanted no part of such a mentality anymore. It's clear that there are good Christians, many of them in fact that truly do try to follow their word. But it still strikes me as irrational, and i have a deep seated dislike of the ones who abuse their beliefs to hurt others. This is often the case with religion, using it as a justification for war.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Warrior522 said:
Quoted for truth, this is where i drew the line. Trust me, being irrational at the time, i tried to talk to a nonexistent entity for over 16 years until i realized that there wasn't really anything there. I actually feel ashamed i even tried to do it for so long, i always knew deep down that there wasn't anything there but kept trying to believe for years. Until i eventually accepted that it was meaningless and such beliefs were wasting precious amounts of my life and narrowing my ability to accept true facts. It basically strikes me as a kid and their imaginary friend (i had one as a kid myself, apart from god). Perhaps one brought on by boredom, loneliness, or an attempt at comfort to help them grasp things they don't understand or fear (like death and what lies beyond it). The problem is that in this case, the imaginary friend is unfortunately often used to justify violent actions and in many cases attempt to exert domination over other people.

Heard a quote once that really summed it up-
"When one person has an imaginary friend, it's insanity. But when a large group of people have an imaginary friend, it's called religion."

While i wouldn't say it's the mentality of all Christians by any stretch, what N.M. ZERO B.C. is a sad reality among many of the ones i've personally met and the environment i grew up in. I grew up in a church filled with people who thought they were good and loving people, but many of whom were actually very cruel and intolerable to anyone who didn't share their views 100%. And as i grew older, having been finally taken out of such an environment by my mother and taught actual facts, it opened my eyes. I wanted no part of such a mentality anymore. It's clear that there are good Christians, many of them in fact that truly do try to follow their word. But it still strikes me as irrational, and i have a deep seated dislike of the ones who abuse their beliefs to hurt others. This is often the case with religion, using it as a justification for war.

Granville, everything in your quote is exactly what I would of typed (slight variations because I may have had something to drink). I grew up in a very religious family...

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best part of christian religion, if i don't believe and it turns out to be real and the rapture starts at some point i can repent and i am saved. woo hoo. gotta love loop holes.

don't worry about religion stay logical and live happily. or lose logic become religious and be happy. either way you win if you do what you want.

my son is not going to be taught about religion. if he chooses to stray that way he can learn everything on his own, i will take no part.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I entered this topic so late, I'll answer the original question.

No, it's not. My freshman year of high school, I was introduced to the Internet, to atheists, agnostics, fundamentalists, non-theists, polytheists, you name it. People much smarter than me, much dumber, kind, cruel, whatever. The point is I experienced a plethora of differing opinions.

What I found was, as a Christian, a factory of sin-like behavior. However, both being not deep into religion, and being scientifically literate (Neil deGrasse Tyson throws this phrase around from time to time, but I think everyone has varying degrees of "scientific literacy" being human), I found myself at first rejecting these people (atheist/agnostic types), and getting very angry at them. Of course, my arguments were complete and utter shit, too. Ripped apart in minutes. I couldn't win, not because I couldn't debate, but because I had no logic, nor did I have evidence. All I had was faith.

Faith doesn't get you far. People should need more than that, but when it comes to life and never existing again, people are willing to give up their sanity. Hell, death makes me cringe every time I think about it (now, in fact). But I cannot give up my sanity and my logical being to believe in a God that is not present, just because it is comforting to think so.

So, basically, I saw these peoples' arguments for what they were: logical reasons to at least understand that God probably doesn't exist. And I am thankful every day for having my eyes opened up. I think theists everywhere should be more open-minded in terms of their religion, once that happens, they'll finally understand that it truly is meaningless. And like Granville said, it's an excuse for people to do cruel things to other people.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
PyroSpark said:
I've looked into this before, but it seems that whenever I get close to believing, something comes up and makes me say "wait, what?" and puts me back to square one.So, is it possible to be a Christian if you're a logical thinker AND have not been raised with religion?

I'm a logical thinker and I'm also a Christian, those two things don't really cross eachother's paths. Logic and Religion should be kept separately - God's ways cannot be explained by simple human logic, his design cannot be described with letters or digits. There is a greater pattern going on in the world, something we cannot comperhend, just believe it.

Obviously, science unveils some mysteries, but do notice that explaining one thing creates two questions. I do believe that we'll never answer the questions like "what's the point of life" etc. - they're too subjective, too vague, and that's why "religion" was created.

The point of being religious is to believe in a supreme being - the world works according to too strict rules to be a coincidence in my opinion. It was "meant" to work as it does and left for us to keep and maintain. It's not supposed to have sense, it's supposed to be a moral framework of your life.

Take bible for example - a set of stories that are more or less sensical, mostly fiction though. However, following them does point towards what's "evil" and what's "good", and that was the idea behind creating it and editing it over and over.

Religion is not composed of "facts". That's what science is for. Religion is a set of vague theories that are open for interpretation. These are just things *you* believe in, the way *you* comperhend them. Truth to be told, *you* create your own version of "religion", whichever one you choose, since as a human being, you interpret things in a specific, one-of-a-kind way... and this is a good thing, really.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
Why would someone who thinks logical at all think religion would be something good to adapt to oO?

Relegion is something for stupid people who need this as an explanation why they are alive and others just need it when they have problems cuz they want something impossible to happen ...

------

well sorry if someone feels offended by me saying its for stupid ppl but well everyone who would think logical would say most of what religion thaughts is bullshit even thaught some ideas about not doing bad things are nice...

I don't think it's all that right to say that religion is for "stupid people". I mean, I'm a Buddhist, I like being a Buddhist, and to live my life through compassion and selflessness. Of course, I may be still human, but that doesn't mean I can't do something for this world we live in, right? Another thing is, Religion can give someone something to hope for, especially if they have nothing else to believe in. We may fight over our religions countless times, and I do find some religions quite silly, but to bash on what gives people motivation, faith, and/or hope is just not right.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
PyroSpark said:
I've looked into this before, but it seems that whenever I get close to believing, something comes up and makes me say "wait, what?" and puts me back to square one.So, is it possible to be a Christian if you're a logical thinker AND have not been raised with religion?

I'm a logical thinker and I'm also a Christian, those two things don't really cross eachother's paths. Logic and Religion should be kept separately - God's ways cannot be explained by simple human logic, his design cannot be described with letters or digits. There is a greater pattern going on in the world, something we cannot comperhend, just believe it.

Obviously, science unveils some mysteries, but do notice that explaining one thing creates two questions. I do believe that we'll never answer the questions like "what's the point of life" etc. - they're too subjective, too vague, and that's why "religion" was created.

The point of being religious is to believe in a supreme being - the world works according to too strict rules to be a coincidence in my opinion. It was "meant" to work as it does and left for us to keep and maintain. It's not supposed to have sense, it's supposed to be a moral framework of your life.

Take bible for example - a set of stories that are more or less sensical, mostly fiction though. However, following them does point towards what's "evil" and what's "good", and that was the idea behind creating it and editing it over and over.

Religion is not composed of "facts". That's what science is for. Religion is a set of vague theories that are open for interpretation. These are just things *you* believe in, the way *you* comperhend them. Truth to be told, *you* create your own version of "religion", whichever one you choose, since as a human being, you interpret things in a specific, one-of-a-kind way... and this is a good thing, really.
Contrarily, I think that if you are a Christian, believing in a God is quite dangerous to your logical thinking. God, under Christianity, or any religion for that matter, is entirely illogical. Does your book describe what God is? If so, why does evil exist? Why does it choose murder over literally a limitless amount of solutions?

Is God indescribable for humans? Then why do you choose the label "Christian"? If God cannot be defined in a human manner, then believing in God requires no religion or labels. It merely needs faith alone; faith in a higher power or being, whatever it may be. Benevolent or malevolent, you do not know.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:

First off, nothing against you, but you this post just seemed to be perfect for my current argumentative mentality...

QUOTE said:
Logic and Religion should be kept separately - God's ways cannot be explained by simple human logic, his design cannot be described with letters or digits. There is a greater pattern going on in the world, something we cannot comperhend, just believe it.

This is one of the reasons religion is always the most fundamental rival of logic and science. To put it simply, you cannot have the best of both worlds without taking the burden of either. It's just not possible - one way or the other, your belief/faith will clash with your logic. There's no getting around that, and I think assuming that there's a way to do so is denying that humans are free to study the things they believe in.

Consider this, of all "illogical" things, religion in general is the only one that denies almost all ties to science and logic. Love is being studied, the supernatural is being studied, extraterrestrials are being studied, legends and myths get studied. Why can we not study the most important thing in the history of humanity [yes, religions is the most important thing in history; there is no denying that fact]? Because its leaders say no? Because its believers hate the idea?

QUOTE said:

Some questions are questions only to the human mind. Some things just are, scientifically speaking. For example, "what is the point of life?" is the question. Biologically, life is about ensuring the existence of the future generation. Of course, that's fine for animals and plants, but humans just ask more, they want more. It's inherent in the human nature, and no fault of science whatsoever - our curiosity, our problem.

Now, religion-wise, does that also answer all our questions without creating further ones? Or are we asked to be content just to keep the questions to ourselves and [of course] believe that the answer is out there. That's not even an answer, that's called evading the question entirely, though no one seems to mind.

QUOTE said:

Too strict rules? Most of the rules we live in are logical. [for example's sake] Eat something poisonous, do something stupid = die | breath oxygen, eat, drink = live. That's not strict, it's just life. Now if you were talking about the rules that govern the universe... How do we say they are "too strict to be coincidence" when we have yet to understand them all? That's presumptive judgment, IMHO. As far as I've researched, the universe works under rules that allow it to either maintain or change itself [depends which theories you subscribe to, really] while allowing it to work.

Wait, you're telling me that our moral framework shouldn't make sense? I think above all things that religion gives us, morality is the most logical of them.

QUOTE said:

Ouch. As something of an aspiring writer, I take affront at this sentiment. Fiction is a form of escapism, not a guide for anyone. It's true, some works of fiction do indeed give out small facets of good or bad [thus protagonists and antagonists/conflict etc] but fiction is just that - fiction.

Please do not tell me that the bible is fiction. It does not fly - with me or with the people who [continually deny that they] supposedly created it. It's almost unfair to have something so reverently "holy" be called fiction - it's almost insulting. Again, you can't have things both ways, without taking the burden of either. Either the bible is God's words/our moral compass or it's fiction, and nothing other than fiction.

Religion is not composed of "facts". That's what science is for. Religion is a set of vague theories that are open for interpretation. These are just things *you* believe in, the way *you* comperhend them.

I've sincerely never heard any religious leader/preacher/believer saying that their beliefs are open to personal interpretations. Maybe you're luckier than I in that respect, but for the most part, religion is a set of beliefs you either believe in or don't.

Truth to be told, *you* create your own version of "religion", whichever one you choose, since as a human being, you interpret things in a specific, one-of-a-kind way... and this is a good thing, really.

If only this were true. I mean, it's possible - for certain individuals anyway - but to the majority, having to make up their own beliefs might not be their cup of tea.

Anyway, to make my point brief... Like I said before, you can't have logic and religion without them entangling one time or the other. One way or the other, you'd have to make a choice of either having to live with them both in some capacity [thus being constantly torn apart] or giving up one of them. Personally, I went with the first, out of personal preference: I take everything logically [unless I'm pissed, but that's natural for humans] but I believe that there is a "higher power" somewhere, whether it be God/some deity or the mere incomprehensible workings of the universe. And that works for me. Your own preference of logic/religion is up to you.

Endrit49

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"First, we postulate that if souls exist, then they must have some mass.
If they do, then a mole of souls can also have a mass. So, at what rate are souls moving into hell and at what rate are souls leaving? I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for souls entering hell, lets look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to hell. Since, there are more than one of these religions and people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all people and all souls go to hell.
With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in hell to increase exponentially.
Now, we look at the rate of change in volume in hell. Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in hell to stay the same, the ratio of the mass of souls and volume needs to stay constant.
So, if hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter hell, then the temperature and pressure in hell will increase until all hell breaks loose (i.e.,Hell is exothermic).
Of course, if hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in hell, than the temperature and pressure will drop until hell freezes over (i.e.,Hell is endothermic).
So which is it? If we accept the postulate given by Ms.Therese Banyan during my freshman year, "That it will be a cold night in hell before I go out with you," and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having a relationship with her, the second case cannot be true. Therefore, hell is exothermic."

religions are stupid

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll sum this entire topic up without reading anything: Christianity, and religion, rely solely on faith, witch is believing something with no logic, no evidence, or proof. That's what faith is. And that's why, as an atheist(for the most part), I find it to be utterly stupid.

Besides, if some god is really as cruel and malignant as to punish someone for following what they believe over what could easily and most likely be lies, then that god isn't worth worship at all.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've learned one thing important about Christianity. It will surprise you almost every time. In my life, in everything I've done, if something wasn't working right I've always assumed it to be my fault. I'd keep working at it and working at it until I was 100% sure it wasn't my fault. I've never been 100% sure I haven't done something wrong. You can't be 100% sure in science. (Remember when we all thought the Universe was eternal and how it was "backed by science"?). You can't be 100% sure in Christianity (Vague stories, a lot of metaphorical stuff.). No one can be 100% sure in anything, period. But I can beg the question, are we looking at Christianity the right way? Sure, taken literally the bible could possibly be "disproven" in an instant. But what if we were looking at it wrong? You can be a Christian and take science to your beliefs, Christian scientists DO exist still. Its all a matter of how you look at things, what is science law today could be thrown out the window tomorrow, because we look at it differently.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
IMO, it's healthier for a person to believe that there are greater powers, much greater than the person himself (ie. who he worships)
I think religion is awesome, and I have respect for all.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darmanitan said:
IMO, it's healthier for a person to believe that there are greater powers, much greater than the person himself (ie. who he worships)
I think religion is awesome, and I have respect for all.

No it's not.

Of course, Religion will always be the exact same as fanboy wars. Neither side will ever budge.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof