Post your Weekly, Monthly or Yearly Updates [random]

sno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still playing any of them, what have you been up to lately? Post however and whenever you want. could be as short as 3 words long, don't care. For me, I have been trying maybe my 100th attempt at looking for lucky egg. Still nothing. I got chanseys dating back before 2017 I am certain. Willpower and morale is very low.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Fire red and leaf green are still as flawless as the day they released

Ruby/Sapphire are still the giant disappointment they were all of those years ago with uninspired pokemon designs, forgettable music and bad plot

• Sad
Reactions: CoolMe

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's something about Gen 3 that makes it a delight to replay endlessly. I think FireRed and LeafGreen are especially in this category. The music is joyful, the pace is fluid and snappy, the bright colours and sprite graphics are a delight.

Currently playing through Leaf Green as part of a series retread, started with Yellow, then did Crystal, then Emerald, now LG, then on to Platinum and so on.

Every time I play the Gen 1 remakes I come to love them more. Can't wait to dive into some of the GBA-based ROM hacks.

Reactions: x65943

sno

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's something about Gen 3 that makes it a delight to replay endlessly. I think FireRed and LeafGreen are especially in this category. The music is joyful, the pace is fluid and snappy, the bright colours and sprite graphics are a delight.

Currently playing through Leaf Green as part of a series retread, started with Yellow, then did Crystal, then Emerald, now LG, then on to Platinum and so on.

Every time I play the Gen 1 remakes I come to love them more. Can't wait to dive into some of the GBA-based ROM hacks.
It hasn't happened in a while but sometimes I would be hearing the bicycle song like auditory in my ears and I wasn't even playing it that time. I noticed it only happened if I really binged on the game for a few days in a row instead of taking a couple days or weeks in between. Is that normal? Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Maximumbeans

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It hasn't happened in a while but sometimes I would be hearing the bicycle song like auditory in my ears and I wasn't even playing it that time. I noticed it only happened if I really binged on the game for a few days in a row instead of taking a couple days or weeks in between. Is that normal? Lol.
Haha definitely not but I can’t say I blame you. Kanto bike music is pure joy.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that i don't like about the Gen 3 games is that alot of the late-game routes are in water.. now look, i like battling with my fellow swimmers and such in the ocean as much as the next guy, but it's too much, and since you are in the water you'd have to deal with annoying mon encounters every ~5 steps, you say just stick up on repels etc, yea sure, but one way or another you will find yourself in a situation when your mons are out of PP, fainted, and /or out of max repels..
Though those tide puzzles? weren't bad i guess..

Zynlor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still playing ruby. Got last year a cardridge and fixed the internal battery and some other stuff it. Im right before the Elite 4 and probably beat the game. Would mark my 10th time i beaten Gen 3.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Got my Leaf Green team fully assembled and readying up to face the league. We've got:

Marsh the Wigglytuff
Ptero the Aerodactly
Ohm the Raichu
Jet the Blastoise
Morgan the Marowak
Cinder the Ninetales

My daughter chose everything expect the Aerodactyl for me with her limited Pokemon knowledge, and she did a pretty fine job I reckon.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: