Hacking Loading Homebrew channel suddenly slow?

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When I first modded my Wii the homebrew would start up like any app in a few seconds (5 at most) but now it hangs at a black screen for about 30+ seconds, I wouldnt mind but it wasnt like that before so I was wondering if there is a fix (I use the channel it a lot)

It does this with and without my SD Card in.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
If this is what I believe, this is not an issue with the HBC or any particular channel, but it's an issue of the System Menu. I usually experience this when loading HBC rather quickly after turning the Wii on or playing any game which does not run the WC24 driver in the background. It's probably caused by WC24 having a large "communactions debt", i.e. it hasn't communicated in the last few hours and thinks it must do that ASAP. The System Menu won't load any channel until this "debt" is redeemed, which sometimes takes up to a minute.

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I didn't know that, but this happends every time, even if I just leave the channel for a few seconds and go right back in, 30 seconds every time. no other channels do that (Gecko, WadManager, USB Laoder etc.)

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Helsionium said:
OK, in that case, this is not the issue I was talking about.
If you have GC Memory Cards, take them out. Try loading the channel without an SD card inserted. Do you still have the same problem then?

Thanks, it was my Action Replay Gamecube memory card, I was using it to see if I could get AR running on the Wii (didn't work) but I left it in, when I pulled it out every thing was fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m