Loadiine or another equivalent for Aroma?

CGGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's annoying to have to reboot into Tiramisu whenever I play backups on my SD. Is there any alternative for Aroma?

CGGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To by pass the home menu 300 limit. I still use it now and again for the DS games that I can't be bother to inject.
Bingo. I'm at the limit
Post automatically merged:

To by pass the home menu 300 limit. I still use it now and again for the DS games that I can't be bother to inject.
Is there any way to bypass that nagging message?

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to bypass that nagging message?
Not really, as far as I remember. Do you really need to have 300 games on the home menu though? I used to max out back in the days, 2 HDDs and all. Then I realized I'm not a hoarder and did a clean up.

Reactions: SDIO

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No but I bought this modded Wii U and it came with a hard drive filled to the brim with installed games
You can always uninstall those ones that you're never going to play. There's Nusspli and wiiudownloader, if you want them back. Heck, even the whole wii u library for both digital and physical has already been archived too.

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system config tool can do this, but it will be a list of games instead of their icons. and, unfortunately, you'll still have the nag whenever you boot up the system. if there's a way to autoboot into system config tool, like through its rpx, then it might be a solution, but I haven't put much thought into how to do that.

edit: there's also launchiine, which can bypass the limit, but I've heard it's incredibly unstable (i.e. 9 out of 10 boots leading to a crash).

Last edited by nothing-to-see-here,

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
system config tool can do this, but it will be a list of games instead of their icons. and, unfortunately, you'll still have the nag whenever you boot up the system. if there's a way to autoboot into system config tool, like through its rpx, then it might be a solution, but I haven't put much thought into how to do that.

edit: there's also launchiine, which can bypass the limit, but I've heard it's incredibly unstable (i.e. 9 out of 10 boots leading to a crash).
I have heard of system config tool where do you download it?

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard of system config tool where do you download it?
I think from @punderino 's "anal" site or maybe somewhere else. I think I have it, but it's copyright material as it's part of the wiiu sdk, so it can't be posted here. if you find it, be careful. if you find the wrong version, the non-hacked one, contrary to popular belief, it doesn't brick the console, but it's counted as an official app, which means you can't uninstall it. also, it contains some options that could brick your system, so just use it for saves and games, unless you know what you're doing.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
I think from @punderino 's "anal" site or maybe somewhere else. I think I have it, but it's copyright material as it's part of the wiiu sdk, so it can't be posted here. if you find it, be careful. if you find the wrong version, the non-hacked one, contrary to popular belief, it doesn't brick the console, but it's counted as an official app, which means you can't uninstall it. also, it contains some options that could brick your system, so just use it for saves and games, unless you know what you're doing.
MattKC reuploaded it on the internet archive

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The PROS of Loadiine:
- If you have the copy of the game in loadiine format, of course, it's better it can play directly
- No encrypted drive, no need to format the HD in special format that cannot be read on another wiiU (Unlike WBFS Drive!)
- The SD card drives less energy than a HD drive
- Doesn't need to be set on/off to work like the HD drive
- Newest SD can put all WiiU library and it and takes less space than a HD drive behind the wiiU, it's IN the WiiU protected and cannot fall.
- You can bring all your games to a friends place and play almost instantly
- Maybe less chance to corrupt than the drive with nowadays SD
- Doesn't ask you to Format the Drive where your games are, kids won't easily format your SD
- You don't need to install the game on the WIIU or the Drive, just copy it to the directory with the right numbers description
- The Speed of Sd cards are much more speed than at the beginning of lifecycle of the WiiU
- Cheaper than HD drive
- Much easier for kids to understand how it works but also for Players when someone didn't explain them how a WiiU works.

The CONS of Loadiine:
- Some small bugs in the app (noise during using, forwarder doesn't work properly for me with last version)
- Not all games works or are compatible because some game needs to be installed
- Saving a game must be done on the SD and is "slower", too bad you cannot save on the NAND (there should be a way to switch from Sd Save to the NAND Save in the app, this would have made many game to work I think
- The Dev of loadiine has been stopped but was maybe an overall better solution than putting games on HD drives in a far away point of view.
- You have to reboot the WIiU when you want to reload another game
- Using Dlcs and updates is a bit more complicated, well sort-of.
- The Devs have gone to the end of the software, they don't know how to make it better in term of compatibility I suppose, this would need more info and research, also DEVS are now more on newest console Aka The Switch.

Conclusion: Loadiine is Great and has advantages, but the best at present, is not to play the game from the SD card or via a HDD drives, but from the Nand of the WiiU, but it's need an installation and clearly is limited in Space.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you can't play game DLCs with Loadiine. Or maybe even can't use game updates?

CGGamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PROS of Loadiine:
- If you have the copy of the game in loadiine format, of course, it's better it can play directly
- No encrypted drive, no need to format the HD in special format that cannot be read on another wiiU (Unlike WBFS Drive!)
- The SD card drives less energy than a HD drive
- Doesn't need to be set on/off to work like the HD drive
- Newest SD can put all WiiU library and it and takes less space than a HD drive behind the wiiU, it's IN the WiiU protected and cannot fall.
- You can bring all your games to a friends place and play almost instantly
- Maybe less chance to corrupt than the drive with nowadays SD
- Doesn't ask you to Format the Drive where your games are, kids won't easily format your SD
- You don't need to install the game on the WIIU or the Drive, just copy it to the directory with the right numbers description
- The Speed of Sd cards are much more speed than at the beginning of lifecycle of the WiiU
- Cheaper than HD drive
- Much easier for kids to understand how it works but also for Players when someone didn't explain them how a WiiU works.

The CONS of Loadiine:
- Some small bugs in the app (noise during using, forwarder doesn't work properly for me with last version)
- Not all games works or are compatible because some game needs to be installed
- Saving a game must be done on the SD and is "slower", too bad you cannot save on the NAND (there should be a way to switch from Sd Save to the NAND Save in the app, this would have made many game to work I think
- The Dev of loadiine has been stopped but was maybe an overall better solution than putting games on HD drives in a far away point of view.
- You have to reboot the WIiU when you want to reload another game
- The Devs have gone to the end of the software, they don't know how to make it better in term of compatibility I suppose, this would need more info and research, also DEVS are now more on newest console Aka The Switch.

Conclusion: Loadiine is Great and has advantages, but the best at present, is not to play the game from the SD card or via a HDD drives, but from the Nand of the WiiU, but it's need an installation and clearly is limited in Space.
Is there any way to remove or skip the nagging 300 tile message? I feel like an Aroma plugin would be very simple

nothing-to-see-here

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's the same method or not with the multiple users, but you can also use multiple hdds iirc. however, one problem with this, possibly with multiple users as well, is that once you plug in a new drive, the sorting from the old drive is undone, so if you like it to be alphabetized for easy sorting, it will have to be redone every time. there's an app that can sort alphabetically, but unfortunately it's an elf iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch