• Views 2,489,910
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a way i can try loadine gx on 5.5 without it actually loading games?
i just want to see if i can maybe do modifications on it to my liking(theme modification)

crmnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got this working now, that is correct you need to do make in the framework folder and then generate_html.py code.bin version and folder so i made a folder name x then ran generate_html.py code532.bin 532 x which made the payload and index files in the folder x. Code532.bin is made from the installer folder make in the loadiine source and requires the loadiine source is a folder inside the libwiiu source folder.

Good luck!

Reactions: WiiuGold

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan what do you mean by autoboot in the changelog 0.2 ?
Scuba added a way to launch a game directly at loadiine launch, no GUI at all, it just automatically launch a game that you define in a config file.
Autoboot can be bypass by pressing a button when launching loadiine.
His version was posted few posts/pages ago.

I'll rename that changelog to be more understandable.

Reactions: memomo and KiiWii

crmnl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really can't thank Dimok/Cyan/Everyone else involved with this enough. I wanted to contribute a small amount in any way I could.

New builds from today that I compiled and a small guide for compiling are up on gx2.wiiubrew.net - Thanks to Luigi for his help with this! I don't profess to know a lot about coding/compiling but I wanted the new build and just worked at it. Sorry if there is any obvious incorrect wording in the compiling guide I just outlined what worked for me.

This is obviously only for 5.3.2

1. Need devkitpro 1.6.0 is fine
2. Need dimoks libogc and portlibs in devkitpro root directory (release tab of github)
3. Put loadiine source inside a folder called loadiine in the root of libwiiu source -
this is needed to get code532.bin in installer folder to make
4. Run make in root of loadiine source
5. Run make in installer folder
6. Copy code532.bin over to libwiiu framework folder
7. Run make in framework folder
8. Run generate_html.py code532.bin 532 x - this is generate_html.py code.bin version folder
this will make the payload index and frame html's that are updated for current loadiine in that folder
9. Copy contents of www folder from loadiine source to webserver
10. Overwrite payload/index/frame with new ones from framework folder
11. Overwrite code532.bin with new one from loadiine installer
12. Overwrite loadiine.elf with new one from loadiine root
Done!

twocows

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not getting it to work at all on 5.3.2. More or less new console, haven't tried any exploit stuff on it before, finally got the kernel exploit working after a few hours. However, loadiine GX2 won't launch. I've tried the nightly build, the stable build, and the sd card build (the .elf's in the right place on the SD) and while the kernel exploit works, relaunching the exploit either hangs, crashes, or goes to a white screen with "Wii U" on it in the lower right (which then hangs). I'd check to make sure the SD card's working, but I honestly have no idea how to check that. I'm at a loss here.

Using scuba156's launcher site, by the way.

Last edited by twocows,

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Not getting it to work at all on 5.3.2. More or less new console, haven't tried any exploit stuff on it before, finally got the kernel exploit working after a few hours. However, loadiine GX2 won't launch. I've tried the nightly build, the stable build, and the sd card build (the .elf's in the right place on the SD) and while the kernel exploit works, relaunching the exploit either hangs, crashes, or goes to a white screen with "Wii U" on it in the lower right (which then hangs). I'd check to make sure the SD card's working, but I honestly have no idea how to check that. I'm at a loss here.

Using scuba156's launcher site, by the way.
I also can not get it to work.

golanb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so i have a wii u firmware 4.0.0 will loadlinegx2 work on it? or do i need a modified version of it to work on my 4.0.0

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
have some question about the 2 method (first time installing loadiine)
1.) is there a way to unexploit my wiiu?
2.) if i go with the web exploit can i use sd card method the next time a new update comes around?
3.) for the web exploit i saw some youtube video using the url eclipse(something something) and taht website isnt listed in the first thread. Should i only use the one in this thread?
4.) if i go for the sd card do i need inetrnet connection too? isnt the sd card method offline? why do i need to access the website like the web exploit method? is there a specific size of sd card or can any size do?
5.) do i need to do the web exploit/sd card exploit everytime i want to play backup games?
6.) whats the miimaker mode? i cant seem to find any info on how to do the miimaker mode

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I finally have got Loadiine GX2 to load but the issue is i can not see any games.
On the game pad i get a black screen background with white floating bubbles.
In the bottom left corner i can see a spanner.
In the bottom right i can see a tab to switch between gamepad and tv.
Would love to get this to work.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to manual add cover for game? I am setting up my friend Wii U with an old router without internet access so no way to auto download covers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC