• Views 2,474,373
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok ... I've noticed the HBL kernel exploit has been MUCH more unstable vs. the older Loadiine kernel exploit. Mainly, I've noticed my gamepad lock on the browser, while my TV screen goes black. The old exploit works about 95% percent of the time, on the first try, while the new HBL exploit only works about 5-10% of the time at all. Been trying for the last hour to get the HBL to even load without success. However, the old exploit continues to work well. Any ideas?
@dimok ... It seems I was too quick to push blame. I reformatted my SD card and re-added everything back. After doing this, everything seemed to work smoothly, including HBL. Sorry for any trouble that this may have caused you.

Last edited by TiMeBoMb4u2,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried some of my games
It's amazing, it should be build-in the system

Woah hang on, what was that little progress bar when you selected the game?
For me, it just sits there, then fades to black.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize a new version had come out.

Last edited by Irastris,
Reactions: memomo

charlieb

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmm. Please read my release post. In the release of v0.2 there is a "www" folder that is exactly doing what you want. I wrote that it is an SD launching method which is very similar to the old sd launching method. From the user point of view it is not different at all.

Sorry but I dont know how else I should make that more clearer...If you don't read all the posts here which is OK as I dont have time to do it all the time either, at least read what I write as a note to a specific release on the git release page. It's really not much text and I think its not too much asked...
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2

It is possible but I dont think it is necessary since Maschell already implemented the per game settings. Its just not completely finished as it is missing some graphics, but its gonna come eventually.

Sorry I missed your post, i'll ensure I bookmark and read the release page. Thank you for doing this, gratefully appreciated.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello, sorry everyone I was away for 3 days.

I see Dimok released v0.2 before Maschell update, so what I added in "preparation for 0.2" in the first post is therefore not actual anymore.
Don't look for the "game mod" or "multiple game updates" or "individual settings" in 0.2, Maschell didn't finish that work yet.
It will be (hopefully) for the next release.

If you want to see what's really included in the 0.2, look at the changelog at the bottom of the first post, there's two parts : what's already in the code, what's not yet in the code.

I will update the first post tomorrow to reflect the new official 0.2 release. I won't do anything today.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dimok Is it worth or possible to add the feature in loadiine if i press A launch the game ssbu mode if i press B launch the game mii maker mode? The keys just an example. This would be a very comfortable feature. :)

It would be nice to have a config file to define the default mode for each game in the menu.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey everyone,

I have been reversing how the gamepad's features, especially the display, are controlled for quite some time now. It was a more a side project of mine I was working on in my spare time. I recently achieved my main goal, so I want to present a neat function hook today:

padcon

Padcon allows you to turn the gamepad's display completely off and on in most games and nearly all of Cafe OS whenever you feel like it. It makes the display triggerable, currently by just pressing the right analogue stick on the gamepad.

This basically allows you to keep playing games with the gamepad while having the display turned off.

I have been using it for the last few days and for me it works pretty great. Usually programs and their specific views will make it obvious when they require the gamepad's display by automatically turning it back on again, but you can just turn it off afterwards, most programs and games I tested seem to be fine with that.

Padcon is currently integrated into Loadiine GX2 and uses its awesome function hooking (thanks to dimok, golden45 and other(?) authors involved in this)!

You can find the source code in my fork on github. For now I am not going to propose an integration into Loadiine upstream unless wanted, because it might be intrusive to some users as the right button stick behaviour can not be turned off at the moment.

If, however, a lot of people decide to include it in their everyday use just as I do already (seriously, it's awesome being able to turn off the display in so many situations), I am sure we can find an appropriate way of including padcon in loadiine upstream. It's super useful, anyway.

The github fork is on par with Loadiine upstream at the moment, so you can just clone the repo and build it yourself if you want to use it with the homebrew launcher.

If you don't want to compile it yourself, I have a self-hostable archive ready: https://github.com/dibas/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/padcon-0.2
(No HBL or anything else is needed here, this was built from a few commits before the HBL change)

I couldn't test game compatibility as extensively as I wanted to, so I would love to hear your feedback on how it works for you!

Enjoy!
-dibas

thank you so much for this ! You do what Nintendo'nt and this is a very handy feature.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wow, I tried this latest release and it seems to have a 100% chance of race attack failed, hahah

Tried it like 20 times now and couldn't get it to work.

EDIT: worked after I built the installer htm files myself (probaly worked simply after I copied the files again because my payload532.html was identical to the one in the release pack)

And Twilight Princess still breaks it, heheh

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
thx to all for your hard work.

I'm a little bit confused.What is the right way to Load the newest GX2-SD Method without Homebrew Launcher?And what Payload load with "exploit.wiiubrew.net" or "wj44.ml"?

Bye

D

Deleted User

Not sure if similar code exists or was posted, or if this is even needed anymore. I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. I made a folder renaming script similar to the batch script on the 3rd page for Linux/Mac if anyone needs it. It should do the job, but I initially made it just for my personal use, so no promises on perfect code.

http://pastebin.com/raw/2fqUQ35p

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@dimok Is it worth or possible to add the feature in loadiine if i press A launch the game ssbu mode if i press B launch the game mii maker mode? The keys just an example. It will be very comfortable. :)
You probably know this, but there is currently a global setting for launch mode. I'm guessing, though, you're asking for a per-title launch mode setting.

Yes.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everyone,

I have been reversing how the gamepad's features, especially the display, are controlled for quite some time now. It was a more a side project of mine I was working on in my spare time. I recently achieved my main goal, so I want to present a neat function hook today:

padcon

Padcon allows you to turn the gamepad's display completely off and on in most games and nearly all of Cafe OS whenever you feel like it. It makes the display triggerable, currently by just pressing the right analogue stick on the gamepad.

This basically allows you to keep playing games with the gamepad while having the display turned off.

I have been using it for the last few days and for me it works pretty great. Usually programs and their specific views will make it obvious when they require the gamepad's display by automatically turning it back on again, but you can just turn it off afterwards, most programs and games I tested seem to be fine with that.

Padcon is currently integrated into Loadiine GX2 and uses its awesome function hooking (thanks to dimok, golden45 and other(?) authors involved in this)!

You can find the source code in my fork on github. For now I am not going to propose an integration into Loadiine upstream unless wanted, because it might be intrusive to some users as the right button stick behaviour can not be turned off at the moment.

If, however, a lot of people decide to include it in their everyday use just as I do already (seriously, it's awesome being able to turn off the display in so many situations), I am sure we can find an appropriate way of including padcon in loadiine upstream. It's super useful, anyway.

The github fork is on par with Loadiine upstream at the moment, so you can just clone the repo and build it yourself if you want to use it with the homebrew launcher.

If you don't want to compile it yourself, I have a self-hostable archive ready: https://github.com/dibas/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/padcon-0.2
(No HBL or anything else is needed here, this was built from a few commits before the HBL change)

I couldn't test game compatibility as extensively as I wanted to, so I would love to hear your feedback on how it works for you!

Enjoy!
-dibas

I love padcon ;) Always missed the opportunity to turn off the gamepad whilst being able to keep using it as controller! Wpould it be possible to somehow make padcon work with original discs as well (after running kexploit and padcon through HBL perhaps)??

Also I would like it a lot if Loadiine had the padcon built in as an option in future versions!

Thanks for your hard work!!

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The wii U fails to create save data in twilight princess HD, otherwise working fine with EUR console
TP HD saves fine. Try manually creating the save folders, or deleting it and trying again. Sometimes formatting the SD Card helps too. Also double check the write-protect lock on the side of the card. If it is unlocked, sometimes locking it, then unlocking it will reset the mechanism inside. It's just a little piece of spring steel, some cheap cards they don't catch/work right all the time.

I've never had the issue myself unless it was something wrong with loadiine (has been fixed already long time ago afair/k), but these are the suggested methods I think. Here's a save near the beginning, if you'd like to try starting with a save and just deleting the slot or something.

Attachments

• The Legend OF Zelda Twilight Princess HD [AZAP01].zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 212

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Thanks for all the feedback regarding padcon!

Wpould it be possible to somehow make padcon work with original discs as well (after running kexploit and padcon through HBL perhaps)??

The version available for download I linked should be working everywhere once you fire up Loadiine once. Just exit Loadiine and start your disc game, the functions hook remains active! I tested this :)

Reactions: TiMeBoMb4u2

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The version available for download I linked should be working everywhere once you fire up Loadiine once. Just exit Loadiine and start your disc game, the functions hook remains active! I tested this :)
You should look into the possibility to remap all buttons for custom controller setup in games that do not support it. Not custom controllers, just custom control schemes. Like making the B button Rz or something, a more advanced/robust version of gc-to-vpad even. Pretty sure it should be possible, albeit with some work.

Thanks for padcon nonetheless. Comes in handy in the few instances I use the TV to prolong controller health/life.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
could someone send me Loadiine GX2 v0.2 SD package with www folder for 5.3.2
https://github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases
this is BOTH the SD version and the homebrew launcher version.
Both are launching it from SD.
Then you either
1) load the Homebrew launcher -> select loadiine
or
2) load the www folder on your local web hosting (like the old SD method)

It would be nice to have a config file to define the default mode for each game in the menu.
@dimok Is it worth or possible to add the feature in loadiine if i press A launch the game ssbu mode if i press B launch the game mii maker mode? The keys just an example. It will be very comfortable. :)Yes.
It has been said many times in the last pages, Maschell already did the individual game settings and it will be released soon.
He is currently working on the GUI (creating the individual settings interface)

Edit:

I updated the first post to add v0.2 release information and remove old 0.1 launching methods.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I didn't even try it because I thought it wouldn't work for sure ;) So thanks for your answer, I'll try it out right away! Finally able to play NSMBU without the gamepad mirroring everything from the tv, that's just useless... But now we have padcon ;)
Thanks!!

EDIT: @dibas Would it be possible for you to post a Version of loadiine+padcon that works with the HBL?? Would be great as it would simplify the hosting process :)

Last edited by geheim,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should look into the possibility to remap all buttons for custom controller setup in games that do not support it. Not custom controllers, just custom control schemes. Like making the B button Rz or something, a more advanced/robust version of gc-to-vpad even. Pretty sure it should be possible, albeit with some work.

Thanks for padcon nonetheless. Comes in handy in the few instances I use the TV to prolong controller health/life.

I second that, remaping and gc to vpad, that would be so awesome :D

HBL ver would be cool too, since I just setup self-hosting with that ^^

Thanks a lot!

dibas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The

Thank you for the suggestion, but this is currently out of scope for padcon. For now I want it to stay very minimal to keep it as bug- and lag-free as possible. Hooking functions like VPADRead() should always be done very carefully to not unnecessarily break stuff, prolong function return times etc.

Of course it is possible to implement what you suggest, so who knows, maybe there's going to be other people that come up with a clean way to do it. :)

@geheim @Azel I just added another release on github that should work with HBL, please tell me if it works! It should, hopefully.
https://github.com/dibas/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/padcon-0.2-hbl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: cant do shit