Hacking Loader -4100

skyhigh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who was having the same problem as me (look over previous pages), i have managed to get it working now. I had to install an old LG DVD burner i have, this one allowed me to change the book type to DVD ROM, and it worked perfectly. My Lite-on was not allowing me to change the book type, leading me to believe that some burners just dont allow it.

But as i said, this method of burning the backup works great, i.e changing the book type to DVD ROM, which i wouldnt of figured out without you guys...so Thank You

Krusty111

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i get this error (-4100) and i'm trying to change the booktype in ImgBurn but none of the options allow me to change to DVD-ROM.

I have TOSHIBA DVDW/HD TS-L802A TO35 (ATA) and i would like to know the real manufacture but cant find no information about it.

Any help, much appreciated
biggrin.gif

aizen000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
you don't need to modify any - format and it is not supported to do so anyway
you only need to booktype + format media

I can only get the -4100 error no matter what I do, could it be because I have a chip installed? (D2Pro Clone)

but i tried burning the iso into a -RW and i got -4100
frown.gif
, can anyone help me out here?

Shadowluigi323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need help, I burn the patched iso into a DVD+R with the format DVD-ROM at 2X and then pop it in the wii and i get a green screen. I am using HD cables ATM

M

msparky83

This happened to me as well. Those of you who have modchips installed (have not tested on anything other than wiikey) this program will not run with them. I had to corrupt my wiikey to keep from getting the -4100 error. Also you cannot use anything other than dvd-r as a medium. If any of this information has helped or if there are other exceptions found let me know. I will report back here if I find out anything else. Cheers.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears that I'm really screwed and I won't be able to use this until I get my new DVD burner.

Anyone want to recomend one that works fine with this?

rainrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about burning speed and stuttering videos, people say it's better to burn at low speed like X2 but I heard you should burn at the max speed because it's the optimal speed. Also we know that the backup loader is limited to X3 reading but why could the wii read DVDs at X3 and not being able to read in game movies at the same speed without stuttering? I think the speed is not the problem.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
msparky83 said:
This happened to me as well. Those of you who have modchips installed (have not tested on anything other than wiikey) this program will not run with them. I had to corrupt my wiikey to keep from getting the -4100 error. Also you cannot use anything other than dvd-r as a medium. If any of this information has helped or if there are other exceptions found let me know. I will report back here if I find out anything else. Cheers.

thank you for answering/responding to my question,
so basically the consensus is:

this boot method works primarily with good DVD-R media (- which means you CAN'T booktype it to DVD-ROM)
AND seems to not work with certain chips.

chips that refused so far:
-WiiWasp (D2PRo Clone)
-WiiKey

please add more info if you have it. thanks.

@rainrix
If burner is factory-installed you should probably burn at a speed right below what media is rated ie 16x-->12x
If your burner is high quality you can burn at max rated speed to get the best burn

the only exception is minus RW's (-RW) because I have found that burning these iso's to certain minusRW at max rated speed will make the disc "unerasable" by normal means. one speed lower solves the problem.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using Memorex DVD+R and Verbatrim DVD-R. The +R set to DVD-ROM and the -R just burned normal. Both work equally well.

Lite-On DVDRW LH-20A1L ATA at 2.4x

No Chip
3.3u NTSC console
Component Cables

PAL Games work Best after WiiFrii to NTSC with Vid change
NTSC Games work Best after WiiFrii to PAL with no Vid change

EDIT
Will test on my 3.2u with Wiikey

EDIT2
No dice, Wiikey blocks the disk from loading for some reason, error -4100 on the chipped Wii. "Star Wars Force Unleashed PAL" WiiFrii -> NTSC
Worked on the 3.3u Non-Chipped

EDIT3
Krusty111 said:
Hi, i get this error (-4100) and i'm trying to change the booktype in ImgBurn but none of the options allow me to change to DVD-ROM.

I have TOSHIBA DVDW/HD TS-L802A TO35 (ATA) and i would like to know the real manufacture but cant find no information about it.

Any help, much appreciated
biggrin.gif

Toshiba is a Samsung Drive, a firmware update may be required before you can use Booktype Settings

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone who is chipped confirm that Verbatim DVD-R's (note the minus) DO work for them?
no -4100 error?

I have a nice, full-featured burner, and the only media I haven't tried so far with my chip are -R's,
because I have none at the moment.

also, someone said mario kart does not have online features...

will someone please test Guitar Hero 3 for online?

DaveMode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a Cyclowiz chip in my Wii and was trying to test out the backup loader for a friend. I get the -4100 error all the time. I've burnt using DVD-R, DVD+R, book type set to DVD-ROM, upgraded firmware, etc. I'm going to say the problem is the modchip.

So yeah, Cyclowiz is not compatible with the backup loader.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you read the two posts before yours we confirm that chipped consoles (with Wiikey) do not work with this loader.

-for noobwarrior7

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jinxvorheeze said:
If you read the two posts before yours we confirm that chipped consoles (with Wiikey) do not work with this loader.

-for noobwarrior7

lol yes, one of those two was my own post, but thanks anyways....
I was asking specifically about -R's now, since I had none to test

davemode got my question.

Incompatible Chips Confirmed:
-WiiWasp (D2PRo Clone) (+ tested)
-WiiKey (? tested)
-CycloWiz (+/- tested)
-YAOSM 3.2 (+/- tested)

could be that chips force disc to be deteced as a Wii Optical Disc?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had an idea, I wont get to test for about a day, so if someone else wants to try, or just completely tear down my idea with smarter logic, feel free

Step 1:
Install DVDx as instructed
Use fs_dumper or fs_browser to extract files
Build wad
we now have: DVDx referencing Waninkoko's cIOS (249)
uninstall DVDx from system

Step 2:
Install DVDx with PatchmiiCore
Use fs_dumper or fs_browser to extract files
Build wad
we now have: DVDx referencing Patchmii cIOS (254)
uninstall that DVDx from system

Step 3:
Change title-ID of one of them (probably the 254) to something semi-random
like "DVDC" for PatchmiiCore-referenced
install both

now, we would have two instances of DVDX running (I think),

POSSIBLY OFFERING BETTER COMPATIBILITY
and perhaps bypassing the modchip limitations we have encountered.

one things I am unsure of:
can you even make wads of hidden channels?

tenox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok well i have wiifree and it doesnt work get the same error tried with many diffrent games too.. also what if the game requires an update? would that affect it in anyway? i have 3.2 and tryin to load mk.. i didnt patch the wii to get the update off but i did patch it with the loader.. i have 1 dvd+r left and want to know if that has nything to do with it with -4100 or it's the chip.. also can we just clip the NEGative - off the chip ? and re wire it to the front with a switch? i didnt install the chip but i know about wiring and just wondering if it would work?

Krusty111

Trophies
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:
Toshiba is a Samsung Drive, a firmware update may be required before you can use Booktype Settings

Thanks man, much appreciated. I bought some DVD-R today so i'll try them out later and i'll check that i have the latest firmware.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenox said:
also what if the game requires an update? would that affect it in anyway? i have 3.2 and tryin to load mk..

everyone who has either version of 3.2 update should be fine (there was a minor unnumbered update during the midlife of 3.2, if youve downgraded, you have the newest version of 3.2, which is fine)

3.1 updated will also work for most games

3.3 update is not required by any game yet, and my guess is nothing will ever require it, since it only really patched the system menu, so all IOS accessed by games havent changed, at least not because of it.

is it WiiFree or WiiFrii by the way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Like not emulating the entire SNES but just a loader and the enhancement chips perhaps even...