Hacking Loader -4100

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see quite a few people with "ERROR! Ret = -4100" or something like that but i know its -4100

Installed dvdx or w/e and changed it too 249..

Installed CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad once by the wad installer then after multiple fails of error 4100 i just deleted wad installer installed wad manager and then reinstalled CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad without errors.

Put the .dol in apps folder

used the patcher to patch my backup oddly it took its original 4,589,824 kb into 4,157,102 kb..?

Burned using imgburn with 3 speed then when i tried on wii and still got error 4100 i tried at 2 speed still not working.. even tried at 4 speed..

Then i ran my boot.dol and then it said reading title or something like that then i get error -4100

I don't hate wanin for leaking it my theory is that he let it leak so he could get a huge leak test to see all the issues in it so when he released it wouldnt have many bugs but idk.. =p we may never know.. or will we in 2 weeks? =0?
tongue.gif
anyways i did all above heres some info about it all

"Backup im using is mario kart wii..."

"I'm still at the firmware update right before the one where they patched the twilight hack"

"Im in the united states my mario kart wii is ntsc.."

Please help me tell me all the info you need.. Sure i admit i may use this for piracy but i really will buy the games afterwards if i like them im not a complete pirate i can only say "Aar!" halfway see ^^ but i do intent to use this to backup my games.. I do really own mario kart wii also.. Just telling yall so i wont get flamed..

I know your going to say its beta and buggy but.. if this is the one the beta testers are using it has to work sides theres already videos on youtube of the leak working.. I also tried wii play ntsc "backup" and it still didnt work i am patching them properly and burning then properly with imgburn.. Someone said something about imgburn not booking them as dvd roms instead it makes them dvd something else idk.. I'll be willing to do anything for someone who gets this work.. I do also plan on getting a modchip at the end of this.. This is persay a placeholder.. Helps appreciated

MrN !

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had -4100, to fix it I had to change my BITSETTING (booktype) on my dvd writer to DVDROM for DVD+R discs.

[my pioneer DVR-215 didn't actually support setting the bitsetting, so I had to get hacked firmware... but thats a different story]

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Anything -Unzips my pants and lays ontop of emperor..

I try to change it in imgburn but it asks me what my computers dvd drive is and i don't know.

MrN !

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
IMGBurn tells you what your drive is.. all over the place. In the destination box on the write screen for instance.
If your drive isnt one of the brands listed in imgburns booktype settings, google the model number and "Booktype"

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loving the fast replys.. Atm trying to burn with roxio media manager "a burner" and im trying to burn it as a data disc now.. don't know if that will change anything

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
zsakul2 said:
Loving the fast replys.. Atm trying to burn with roxio media manager "a burner" and im trying to burn it as a data disc now.. don't know if that will change anything

Somewhere in the options should be 'burn dvd from image' or 'burn image to dvd' or something.. no? Check the menus.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, use imgburn (its free google search it) to burn the image, set booktyping (little button in the lower right hand corner that looks lik a book) to DVD-ROM. Make sure after you install the new CIOS , you reinstall DVDX on 249 (I was getting error's before I did this as well, but not 100% if it was -4100)

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it as samsung.. which is my dvd drive on my pc i found out chose dvd+r for media and then clicked from normal dvd to dvd rom.. now its burning ill see if anything changes..I also have a question is there confirmed way to remove the cios so i can reinstall it to make sure i do steps right

I redid it with dvd rom i still get -4100... i also uninstalled the cios and reinstalled it and then uninstalled dvdx after reinstalling cios and installed dvdx again on 249..... yay the 8th disc down -,-

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i live in the united states.. so im guessing ntsc? and version as in the wii firmware is umm let me go check brb : back.. v3.2U

MrN !

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I still think its your booktype setting. If you put the most recent disc you burnt back in your drive and fire up imgburn, it'll tell you what booktype it was burnt out (Scroll down the status box)

The bottom section will give you details of the burnt disc in the drive, eg:
If the Booktype doesn't say DVD-ROM the booktype setting has not worked and your disc will NOT work with the loader.

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: PRODISC-R03-03
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,491,679
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

sa_king84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to try this first.

Might be common knowledge already, but make sure that you Start Backup Loader FIRST, then when it prompts you to insert the game do so.

I got an error because I forgot to take it out and would not load at all, forgot but got some error, might be the one you got. Anyways rebot the Wii with the game out, then start up backup loader, then put the game in.

hope it helps.

zsakul2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: 0@P-!-00
Book Type: DVD-R
Part Version: 5
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 1
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.267 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2,275,158
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0

Your right.. Idk what im doing wrong then.

Tried what you said king i get same error..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs